1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats resign DE Derrick Burgess

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by padre31, May 14, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...id/4678487/derrick-burgess-agreement-analysis

Well, damn, to my way of thinking losing Taylor and Porter was subtracting at least a modicum of pressure, the Draft did not produce a passrushing De until McCoy in the 7th round and the "magic coordinator" never appealed to me, Burgess re-upping with the Pats means one less proven passrusher is off of the market.

Koa Misi had 10 sacks in 3 seasons folks.

2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Keep in mind, he played and started at multiple positions along the D-line, including D-Tackle.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, what I don't want to see is Cam Wake as the sole passrushing threat being double teamed and there goes the passrush, Vontae and Smith were toasted deep last season and not that was with a decent passrush.

To me, Burgess was one of the 3 best passrushers left on the market right along with A Thomas and Wally Ogunleye who is coming back from a broken leg.

And Toss Greg Ellis unto that list as well, he had a decent 2009 campaign per pro football focus.

I mean seriously do you think C Anderson or Q Moses will keep Oline coaches up late at night?