1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats Jags

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by motcrue4, Jan 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    nothrcutt is costing them the game! 2drops important .

2. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Okay i'm drunk now...

3. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    the colts will lit up that defense next week.

4. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    man i'm suprised they went to northcutt.

5. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Game over

6. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

'Tis over now. Dammit

7. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Funny I was about to post a comment that Gerrard hasen't had an interception in this game.
    I think I jinxed em.

8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Vomittttttttt

9. Breed

Breed New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    The game was over before it even started. Brady has more weapons than the '99 Rams....

10. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    It was pretty close until that last interception. The Jags defense could use some improving..

11. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Donte from where I live. Sacto, CA

12. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    How Mathis lets Stallworth get that first is pathetic just like the Jaguars defense, Indy better win next week.

13. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Amen brother Amen.

14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    sigh... you know, it would be one thing if they were actually dominating people, I'd give them props! BUt, we all know they aren't that friggin good... If Dallas plays NE in the Super Bowl in Arizona, I can guarantee you the Cowboys will have home field advantage in that game. Not that it'll matter because the refs will never call a hold on Welker in the slot on a running play...

15. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I think the packers can play the patriots. If the packers were to beat the patriots that would make him the best quarteback ever.

16. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I can't believe I'm actually going to defend the Pats, but:

They've won 17 games this year and dominated all but like 4 of those games. How can you say they aren't dominating people?

I just can't understand how they aren't that good. It kills me to say this, but they are amongst the most dominant team I've ever seen. I can remember only like 3 other teams in the past 20 years that were this dominant.

Now, I will knock their sportsmanship, their scumbag coach, scumbag safety, scumbag OLB, fistpumping QB turned whiny cheerleader, League screw-up turned NFL poster boy WR.

But I just can't say that they aren't that good or that they are just squeaking by because they've been in danger of losing only 3 games this season. Outside of that, they've dominated everyone.

In conclusion: Please, Colts/SD, Please, beat these ****y SOBs.

17. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ

haha, and if the Pats win, the other guy will be the best ever......It's like rooting for the lesser of two evils if I have to root for Favre.

that's definitely a Pick your poison scenario

18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    and the three teams you're talking about are the 85 Bears, the late 80's 49ers, and the 90's Cowboys. Those teams blew people up in the playoffs, especially the Bears and the 49ers. They didn't give up the types of drives the Pats did today vs Jax. The Pats have a great offense, sure, one of the best. But they are comparable to the Vikings when they went to the championship game and lost... those Vikings were what 14-2? Those Vikings had scored more points than any other team in NFL history... those Vikings didn't make the SuperBowl.

19. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Valid points.

But, Today I saw a game out of reach by the end of the 3rd quarter.

Remember, the Pats are 17-0. Those three teams mentioned above did not do that. Yes, they crushed teams in the playoffs even though Dallas always fought hard to pass the 49ers and the 49ers only dominated completely throughout the playoffs in 84. The other years they had to fight to win their Superbowls.

The Bears won in 85 and haven't won since. If the Pats win this year, that'll be 4 in 6 years. In a salary Cap era, where the teams mentioned above didn't have. The Pats are doing this on an even playing field (especially in comparison to Americas other major sports). As much as I hope they all come down with Diarreah for the next 5 weeks, the Pats are pulling off one of the most impressive runs in American sports history

20. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    To me they are simply a reincarnation of the greatest show on turf, the kurt warner st louis rams. they need to be defensed the way the patriots and titans did

21. dont fumble

dont fumble Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Germany
    I really don't get how people still call that run impressive. Even playing field? I thought they cheated? Since we were never informed by the NFL of how far the cheating goes back it' fair to assume that at least 03/04 should not be mentioned. They cheated, how is that impressive??? You have so many close games, wins by 3 points, it's fair to assume they wouldn't have won it without the cheating since it has such a big impact on an 'even' field. And all those, who remember the '01 win know that it was undeserved. I don't know why these things happened, but they did.

As for this year, this team is build with the help of cheating. You don't get a Moss or Thomas for below market value if you don't have the reputation of being a winning team. How did they win in the past? They cheated!
    Would they have gotten a first rounder for Branch if he had played for a team where he didn't know where the blitz would be coming from? I don't think so. That's how the *Pats stockpiled draftpicks. Very impressive!!!
    The cheatheads manipulated the market for years, they are still profiting from the BS of the past and the NFL doesn't tell us how far it goes back. And now they help them to go undefeated (Ravens, Giants) with a roster they shouldn't be allowed to have so they can say: "See, the cheating didn't matter, they are just good..." and make some extra money on top of it. (And for those, who think the NFL is not about money and just wants fair games, why did the Cardinals play a home game in Mexico and why did we play a home game in London? Money, maybe?)
    Forget it, I have no respect for them, for their record, for their titles and I have no respect for the NFL. It stinks and people should not forget. This is not impressive, it's cheating.

22. Eop05

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    I can see the comparison, but I also see many many differences.

That offense was built a lot around Marshall Faulk and 3 step drops. Yes, that team got good protection, but they didn't need the best protection because of the 3 step drop and Marshall Faulk out of the backfield.

This New England offense is like nothing I've ever seen. No one has had an answer for it. The Eagles and Ravens came the closest and still game up 30 points. They're doing it with the 5 step drop. As we can all see, Brady has some of the best protection in the pocket as any QB EVER. Couple that dominant pass protection with those wideouts (a slight step up from the Rams) and you have, IMO, a significant upgrade from that Ram team.

The only team I see beating the Pats is the Colts. Reasons being:

1) They generate long drives to keep Brady off of the field.
    2) They have a great core of veteran players led by Manning, which is huge in a close 4th quarter game against the Pats.
    3) Their defense has it in them to force the Pats to Punt and try Field Goals a handfull of times.
    4) I really think Tony Dungy is a well-prepared coach, and will get the best out of the D on that day. Even if it's holding the Pats to 27 points, which is an accomplishment in itself. We just have to hope Manning and Company score 30+