1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pats Fans Cocky Even Without Brady

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by B.Sebo, Sep 7, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

What has he done to make you think that? from everything i've seen and read Cassell isn't that good. guess we will soon find out how good he is.:up:

2. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Eric Mangini, Mike Tannenbaum & Woody Johnson are sending a basket of flowers & chocolate to Bernard Pollard & Herman Edwards. Thanks for giving us an outstanding shot at the division title. :up:

BleedinGreenNC likes this.
  3. calphin

Tells me you and I both know that its the only way the Jets could have a shot................hell, you guys were 1 play away from losing to us, so I guess we have a shot as well:up:

BleedinGreenNC likes this.
  4. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Lets start with the fact that with or without Tom Brady the Pats still have amazing talent on the offensive side of the ball. Brady puts them in another stratosphere, but the makeup of that team is so perfect (stars and role players) that they can put pretty much anybody out there and win games. Granted they may have to change their strategy of letting Brady loft passes to Moss and add a few more running plays, but the offense is still talented.

Now, right off the bat I would say that Cassel already has a leg up because he's spent so many years in the system and knows the playbook better than anybody that they could conceivably bring in from the FA list. And don't forget that Cassel has been learning from the best, his BFF is Tom Brady and that's not something to overlook. :wink2:

Also, I don't think the Pats are going to trade what it would take to get a starter (like a Brady Quinn for example) because A) whoever they acquire is only going to be a one year player, and B) noone is going to help the Pats out without getting a ransom.

And if you need examples, look at how well he played today. He did very well and made an amazing pass to Moss in the endzone. If the Pats adjust their offense a bit and run a bit more they should be fine. Cassel can make the throws that he needs to and he has enough weapons to take the pressure off of him (again, I can't think of a better constructed team with players who fill their roles so well), asking him to try and duplicate what Brady does is silly, what other QB would be able to?

So while they may not be threatening the '72 Phins, they aren't all of a sudden going to turn into the Phins from last year just because Brady went down. NE may very well be a 10 win team. :wink2:

calphin likes this.
  5. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    funny thing is you're complaining about the patriots fans mocking the chargers for losing a game, yet this thread is mocking the patriots fans for having confidence in the rest of their team. its all the same. dont complain about someone else when you are doing the same exact thing.

BleedinGreenNC and like2god like this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Without Brady the Pats are about as good as any other team in the AFC east.

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

:shifty:....

Isnt that like saying:

If my Aunt had a pair, then got castrated, she would be my Aunt :shifty:

I was watching the pregame before the late game last night. Some asshat was on saying "Oh oh this is TERRIBLE. The NFL needs Tom Brady, America needs Tom Brady. If he really is out for the season, this is a huge blow to the NFL and America......"

I muted the rest of the game, and I am going to ask my cable company to not send me the feed for NBC anymore :up:

MelbournePhin likes this.
  8. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    :yes: Peter King

I thought that was quite amusing.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  9. What do you expect? The league MVP just went down for the season, and Favre wins his first game as a Jet, what do want them to talk about? The fins losing?

10. Nice sig!! Looks good on ya!

11. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    :tantrum:

12. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    What I mean is that with Brady the Pats were clearly better than the other AFC east teams now they aren't. IMO the division winner just became a toss up.

As for America, I don't think we'll be any worse off b/c of Brady's injury. And while the announcers may have to re-learn to talk about other teams not named the Patriots, I think the NFL will be just fine too.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    The other NFL teams?

14. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Wait what, there are other "teams" outside of Boston and New York. Err, New Jersey. Blasphemy! :tongue2:

15. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Blitz Matt Cassel and blitz him often on Sunday. Make him feel pain. Make him feel Tom Brady pain. We want Kevin O'Connell! Yeah! :lol:

16. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    You are the Dancing Queen
    Young and injured
    Only thirrrrrrr-teee
    Dancing Queen
    Feel the hurt on your kneeeee
    Oh yeahhhhhh
    You can hobble
    You can die
    I'll have the time of my life
    Oh see that ankle
    See that knee
    F you Mr. Dancing Queen

Thanks for the division Tommy.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :pity:

18. calphin

We gave you all you could handle, 1 play from winning...Pats are gonna roll ya:up:

Pats 24
    Jets10

19. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    At the sports bar yesterday, I gave some Pats fans some crap about Cassel. They responeded, "ha, youre a Dolphins fan, what have you got, Chad Pennington?" Then I told them to watch Chad do what Cassel wont do all year long." Immediately followed by a TD pass to David Martin.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  20. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Agreed.

The Jets BARELY beat the lowly Dolphins. Heck, a miraculous Brett Farvee prayer away.

The Bills absolutely SPANKED the Seachickens.

I would be a bit more humble if indeed I were a Jets fan right now. They pulled a trick right out of the Yankees playbook in bringing in LOTS of high dollar players, and it looks like they might very well end up like the Yankees and not get high dollar return on that investment. :up:

calphin likes this.
  21. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wonder if this win was something to show for the Bills improvements or did they just take advantage of a team decimated with injuries? Hasselbeck has a bulging disk and one of the worries coming into the game was that he may not be able to take any sacks because of the injury. They had absolutely no receivers in the game and Burleson went down with an injury as well, out for the season.

The Bills are very good on Special Teams and have an up-and-coming defense. I think they're offense is getting better but I don't see them winning more than seven or eight games.

I still have the Jets winning this division with nine or ten wins at the end of the season. I know many here disagree with me but I'm just speaking what I feel and think about their team.