Pats Fans Cocky Even Without Brady

60 replies

B.SeboB.SeboForum VeteranOP
Sep 7, 2008, 06:50 PM

So I have been keeping and eye on a Patriot board to see if I can get any updates on Brady. It just amazes me that even with the prospect of Brady being out six weeks some think they can be undefeated.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=117484

Did they even watch the preseason? Did they even watch today? I didn't watch today, but I had on gamecenter during our game and was following the progress. The Chiefs are without a doubt the worst team in the league, only had THREE active wide receivers for the game and they were still a Dwayne Bowe dropped pass away from tying that game.

The Patriots lose to us and the Jets without Brady.

That schedule guy that shows up once a year.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Sep 7, 2008, 06:56 PM

I went to my neighborhood bar after the game for a beer. I bumped into the Pats fan there. Being a the total dick that I am, I asked him if there were any updates on the Brady injury (knowing full well that there were no updates, and there won't be ANY updates cause Bellicheat is an ass). He responded with something like this:

I'm not worried about Brady. Matt Cassel is a really good QB. Its just that he's been behind Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. You'll see. He'll be awesome.

And I thought I was a deluded fan!

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 7, 2008, 06:58 PM

Brady tore his ACL IMO that is exactly what it looked like

ZodZodNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 06:59 PM

What I can't believe is that the NFL is allowing a marquee player's injury to go unreported. They have the MRI results. The stinking MRI was probably done during the game. Forget about the Patsies. It's classless of the NFL not to step up and take charge of what is obviously a rogue organization.

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:01 PM

Kansas City might be the worst team in the NFL.

Pats fans will come down to earth in a few weeks. There will be panic in the streets of New England if Tom Brady indeed tore his ACL.

As the crowd shook

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:01 PM

you get no sympathy out of me. karma is a bitch

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:03 PM

"Zod wrote:

What I can't believe is that the NFL is allowing a marquee player's injury to go unreported. They have the MRI results. The stinking MRI was probably done during the game. Forget about the Patsies. It's classless of the NFL not to step up and take charge of what is obviously a rogue organization.


If not tongiht, we'll definitely find out tomorrow.

It would be all too "karma"-ish if it's a serious injury, since this past Week was the first Week in 50-something games that Brady was not listed on the injury report, when he actually did in fact have an injury (foot).

As the crowd shook

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:03 PM

"MelbournePhin wrote:

you get no sympathy out of me. karma is a bitch

:lol:

I agree BTW

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Sep 7, 2008, 07:04 PM

i hate pats fans. and tom brady so much. i hope he tore his acl, i dont even feel bad saying that

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:04 PM

"King Felix wrote:

i hate pats fans. and tom brady so much. i hope he tore his acl, i dont even feel bad saying that

Your not alone

calphincalphinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:04 PM

I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but I really hope hes ok. i'd rather beat the Pats with Brady under center, that way Pats fans have NO excuses.


Thanks Gish

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:06 PM

i had to watch the game at my best friends (pat fan) house today as he has DTV and the ticket. he had his mother father and cousin (who are all pats fans) over as well. it was hard holding in the glee from bradys injury around them, but i did

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:06 PM

"calphin wrote:

I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but I really hope hes ok. i'd rather beat the Pats with Brady under center, that way Pats fans have NO excuses.

I just want to see the Fins win I could care less how they win. Who cares what Pats fans will say. Brady going down and the Pats season going down the toilet will be enough to shut them up as the rest of the NFL points and laughs.

GARDENHEADGARDENHEADSupporter
Sep 7, 2008, 07:08 PM

"King Felix wrote:

i hate pats fans. and tom brady so much. i hope he tore his acl, i dont even feel bad saying that

I don't either.

Its the WAY these patriot teams behave on and off the field that makes me hate them so badly. I wish them to experience awful things.

Note: I was NOT happy Tedy Bruschi had a stroke, but I was pissed off when he returned to the field.

Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Sep 7, 2008, 07:09 PM

If Brady is out and the Pats suck then ESPN will have no idea who to worship this year (although as I typed that Favre and the Jets flashed into my mind).

Poor ESPN as they are the Pats fans that will suffer the most. :pity:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:10 PM

im kind of glad they won. if brady is out for the year, i dont want them getting a high pick. 8-8 would be fine with me

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 7, 2008, 07:13 PM

Cant wait to read Bill Simmons talking about how little they will suffer with Cassell as QB next week and then going into panic mode week 3 lol.

I hate that team so much.

IMO Pitt looking the best out of the AFC so far. Pats/Jets had lackluster wins. Chargers fighting hard to get a W against Carolina, Jags get beat by Titans. Browns beat down by Dallas. Pitt crushes a rising playoff contender in the Texans.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Sep 7, 2008, 07:15 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Cant wait to read Bill Simmons talking about how little they will suffer with Cassell as QB next week and then going into panic mode week 3 lol.

I hate that team so much.

IMO Pitt looking the best out of the AFC so far. Pats/Jets had lackluster wins. Chargers fighting hard to get a W against Carolina, Jags get beat by Titans. Browns beat down by Dallas. Pitt crushes a rising playoff contender in the Texans.

don't sleep on the colts...they are my favorite

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:17 PM

carolina looked great and smith didnt even play

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 7, 2008, 07:18 PM

Carolina is good. Top 10? I dunno, maybe after this game lol. Chargers lost btw.

Im not sleeping on Indy, they havent played yet! Pitt looked really good though. Best so far.

Brown42000Brown42000New Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:18 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Carolina is one of the 10 best teams in the NFL.

I couldn't feel more confident in my San Diego over Carolina Super Bowl pick.

Carolina just scored a TD to win the game with no time remaining. TE in the back of the end zone

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:19 PM

you gotta think brady has a bad injury. he would have been back in if was just a hyperextension or similar type injury

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Sep 7, 2008, 07:20 PM

"Brown42000 wrote:

Carolina just scored a TD to win the game with no time remaining. TE in the back of the end zone



TD by a TE in the back of the endzone w/no time remaining........... grrrr we should have won OUR game like that:tantrum:

As the crowd shook

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Sep 7, 2008, 07:21 PM

Unless they thought they could win the game anyway. It WAS the chiefs ;)

Still, it looked pretty rough, that kind of thing often comes out with words like "James Andrews" and "tear" and "back for playoffs."

IMO after this week, the AFC looks fairly wide open. Lets see what Indy does against a bad Bears team.

NFC Dallas and Philly look real good, GMen are OK. Saints could be players. Seahawks are gonna have a rough year.

like2godlike2godLuxury Box
Sep 7, 2008, 07:24 PM

Guys, were some of you not complaining about this very same thing in the thread started by 124? I think we all need to be fair and adhere to the same standards that we expect out of our rivals. :wink2:


I love you Mom, you are the greatest woman that I've ever known.