Patriots still seeking identity

10 replies

DaFishDaFishForum VeteranOP
Sep 25, 2009, 03:38 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/story?page=simmons/patriots/090925

Everything is going to be OK. It's the Patriots. They will figure it out.

But will they? After a discouraging defeat to the Jets, Patriots fans splintered into two camps. The first camp (the "Kool-Aid drinkers," as the Globe's Dan Shaughnessy derisively called them this week) maintains that Brady only needs to get his sea legs back, that the defense will be fine when Jerod Mayo returns, that the Jets whupped them only because Kevin O'Connell gave them Brady's plays.

A long but enjoyable read. I think the Pats are finally done and we will see BB retiring soon. JMO.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 03:47 PM

I hope you're right

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 03:59 PM

Another Bill Simmons article on the Pats...

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 05:20 PM

I guess they might as well just rename this forum the Bill Simmons forum. Long article? Sure. Enjoyable? Impossible.

DaFishDaFishForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 09:56 PM

"MonstBlitz wrote:

I guess they might as well just rename this forum the Bill Simmons forum. Long article? Sure. Enjoyable? Impossible.

It's not enjoyable because of who wrote it but the subject itself. Anything that concerns the downfall of the Pats is a winner in my book. Even the homers and the faithful are starting to doubt.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2009, 11:59 AM

"DaFish wrote:

It's not enjoyable because of who wrote it but the subject itself. Anything that concerns the downfall of the Pats is a winner in my book. Even the homers and the faithful are starting to doubt.

Don't mind me. I just hate Bill Simmons with a passion and can't bring myself to read anything he does. I am a big fan of the downfall of the Pats though! :up::knucks::hi5:

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2009, 12:12 PM

They've got an identity: CHEATERS

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 02:20 PM

The word down here is, if the Patriots need him again at the end of the season Junior Seau will play for them again. Supposedly he is still in awesome shape.


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Sep 26, 2009, 02:21 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

The word down here is, if the Patriots need him again at the end of the season Junior Seau will play for them again. Supposedly he is still in awesome shape.

and still 963 football years old one would hope :up:

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 02:38 PM

"Fin Fan In Cali wrote:

The word down here is, if the Patriots need him again at the end of the season Junior Seau will play for them again. Supposedly he is still in awesome shape.

I don't know about the end of the season, but their defense sure needs something, probably a hell of a lot more than Junior could bring them. They are a lot more than Junior and Jarrod away from being good or even competitive

Actually, I think by the end of the season it will be too late....and I will be enjoying every second of it.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 02:40 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

I don't know about the end od the season, but their defense sure needs something, probably a hell of a lot more than Junior could bring them. They are a lot more than Junior and Jarrod away from being good or even competitive

Actually, I think by the end od the season it will be too late....and I will be enjoying every second of it.

As the season goes the date may move as well.:wink2:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!