1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriots Paste The Dolphins.....!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphans1, Nov 24, 2008.

1. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    What a joke, Matt Cassel.....Matt Cassel.....? Are you kidding Me...?

I sometimes wonder if the Dolphins can ever win a "big" game....anymore!

I can't even remember the last time the Dolphins won a big game that actually meant something, can you....? Was it in 1985....against the Bears, and then, what did that game mean anyway....? We protected a 1972 record that still stands today....?

We should have won this game against the Patriots, all they did was practically throw on every single down, they exposed our weakness, the same weakness the Cardinals exposed on us. (oh how could I forget)

Throw on the Dolphins on every down, and you can beat them, not only beat them, but smash them into the ground.

I get so tired of hearing that Dan Dierdorf guy saying, the Dolphins have come a long way from a 1-15 team. Listen Dan, I know your just trying to put color to the game, but the Dolphins lost 6 games last year by 3 or less points, and the reason we lost last year was Cam Cameron. We made no effort to sign Randy Moss, and then we trade Wes Welker to the Patriots.....?

Who says you can't win passing the ball on every down, the Patriots did it last year, and now they're doing it again.

Jimmy Johnson use to say the Dolphins need more balance, you guys recall when we'd always hear that from Jimmy.....?

The Dolphins should have passed on every down just like the Patriots are doing, with Marino.

I felt good about this game guys, I really did. I had that feeling we'd beat the Patriots today (yesterday), problem was, I forgot how bad our pass defense was, until I remembered what Kurt Warner did to us earlier in the year.

The Patriots gave us pay-back today and they laid it to us at home.

The Dolphins blew-up the wrong stadium ( as in the Orange Bowl ), it just seems like we can never win any big games at Dolphins Stadium, Pro-Player, Joe Robbie or whatever else name this stadium was named.

I am still living in the 70's, as in 1972, and how ironic, the Jets beat the best team in the NFL that everyone said was for "real"..... Hip-hip-hooray for the Perfect Season, it lives another year.

I hate to sound so negative guys, but this team is going no where.....

We can't run the ball and we can't make adjustments to stop Tom Brady, did I say Tom Brady.....? I mean't Matt Cassel.....

What a freaking joke today.....!!!!

d-1

2. TotoreMexico

TotoreMexico Your retarded

Jan 4, 2008
    Mexico
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Sigh.....

Sethdaddy8 and PMZQ like this.
  4. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    :pity:

PMZQ likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    There were some good things that came out of the game as well bro, try to see that were only in our first year of this thing. Our defense needs some upgrades.

Sethdaddy8 and PMZQ like this.
  6. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Holy.........

After last year, even if we don't win anymore games at all this year were still winners in my book.

We have to learn how to crawl before we can walk.

7. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    We play a standard set 3-4 that relies heavily on the OLBs. We must improve at LOLB with Roth becoming a rotation player in the near future.

8. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Looks like all there is for breakfast today is Spam...

Crappy Tipper and PMZQ like this.
  9. baboo72

baboo72 Bleeding aqua & orange

Mar 23, 2008
    Watford, England
    Chill bro, we were 1-15 last year and we hung with them for 3 1/2 QTR's, they exposed a weakness we haven't been able to address fully yet but I still feel good about this team. They've exceeded all my hopes for the season - we're a week away from December and not out of playoff contention! Cassell looks pretty good to me and they played well enough to beat us - not happy about the loss but it ain't knowhere near as last years fixture

mullingan and PMZQ like this.
  10. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    Last year we won 1 game. We've won 6 alreday this year. I'm happier than last year.

Not every week is going to be happy.

dolphindebby and PMZQ like this.
  11. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

dolphans1...ok, first...breathe...breathe deeply and relax a little...did you really think we have the talent to stay with better teams ?? This is a team that squeaked by Oakland and Seattle ?? The bottom line is that the pasties have more talent than we do..period...as do most NFL teams...are we infusing some young talent...yes...is this regime anywhere near where they want to be ??? Not even a chance...It's not about losing a meaningful game. Besides, there's another angle on this that many have not kept in mind...The pasties HAD to have this win...their season was resting on this win...Us, we still have a chance to limp into the playoffs, despite not having the talent that most NFL teams have...Indy and Ravens are ahead of NE and Miami in the rankings and are both playing good ball. NE had to have this win to stay with them...Even tho we lost yesterday, it's still a split with the pasties this season...we have a schedule advantage right now as well. If and that's a big if...we can take care of the teams we should, we'll be ok...the jills and jests are the real must-have wins for us...

At any rate, did you really expect we'd be in this position at this point of the season against the pasties back in August ?? I didn't...

Sparano has been talked about as being a great motivator and having a great start to his resume....well, not we'll see if he can keep the heads level of this team going into Stl next week....

calphin, dolphindebby and PMZQ like this.
  12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Brother, after 1-15, it's not all going to get fixed in one year. There are still holes on this team to be filled and things to get better at. We knew that going in and so did the people in charge.

New England is 9 years into their regime. We're in our first. We are one of the youngest, most inexperienced teams in the league with a rookie head coach and GM. And they are doing a helluva job.

This team plays physical. They don't quit. They can score on just about anybody. This team has won 6 of 11 when everybody thought 4 of 16 was optimistic. Remember, we were a Brian Billick gift basket away from being the worst team of all time. And now we have an equal or better record than 18 teams in the league (and have beaten a few of the 'equals'). We have the NFL's 8th ranked offense. Last year it was 28th.

If you interpret that as 'going nowhere', I don't know what to tell you. I know you're upset so I don't think you truly believe that.

OT: Randy Moss wasn't going anywhere except New England. Try all we want, he didn't want to be here.

13. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't know if we watched the same game or not yesterday. I thought we hung with the Patriots for 3 and a half quarters of play, before finally imploding. All we needed was a defensive stop and we would have won the game. Hardly the "blowout" that you watched.

Also, I don't know if you noticed or not, but Matt Cassel has looked pretty good these last 2 weeks, going over 400 yards on two relatively good defenses. He's actually a good player, and yesterday we pressured him, he just came up with big plays. Who knew?

Just remember, at this time last year we were 0-11 and a laughingstock among the NFL. Now here we are, one short year later, and we're taking it to one of the premier NFL franchises - and hanging with them for most of the game. I'm excited about this team, I really am. We have a great young coach, some great young talent, and a veteran QB who is the best we've had since Marino hung them up.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Why not just sit back, appreciate how far we've come, and enjoy the ride from here on out.

PMZQ likes this.
  14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Please just stop.

PMZQ and dolphindebby like this.
  15. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    Gripe all you want about the team. I'm very proud of them. They NEVER gave up yesterday. Our playing is so much better. We're playing as a team now.
    They fought hard in the game to the end. I hate fighting, but they were there and took up for their team mate. Channing was laughing about it going off the field.
    I don't know how any one can complain at this point. I want to win every game, but that's only happened once, so I'm trying to be patient now and let the coaches work all this out. The guys are responding to the fo, why can't we?

Go to MD.com and listen to the post game interviews if their still up. Vonnie Holliday and a couple of others have good interviews about the game.
    Sparano's is good also, he's killing some gum tho'.

We have to keep the faith. This is the first time in a long time we've had so much to be happy about.

Don't know why jj is always mentioned, he was a jerk and cared nothing about Miami (like satan). I try to forget they ever darkened our doorsteps.

So, I say we support these guys, be optimistic and always hope for the best.

late again and PMZQ like this.
  16. dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Central Fl
    :jt0323:

17. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    The pats did not throw on every down. Their O and D lines were stronger and the pats as a whole executed better. They beat us. Next game, move on.

The phins are much better than they were last year. There are still changes needed that can't be all done in one season. They are on the right path.

18. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I was damn proud of the way this team hung in there. We are on the right path!

dolphindebby likes this.
  19. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    It was a tough loss but as has been mentioned we were outmanned and outmuscled .

Its a credit to this team that we fought hard and were in the game until the final minutes.I am proud of the team .

We are heading in the right direction and next year it will be a different story .We should have better depth and a few more quality starters .

I do like our future .Good times are back again for Dolphin fans :yes:

dolphindebby likes this.
  20. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    We have improved 600% since last year....so far, with a few more W's headed our way. Yeah the 4th quarter was a kick in the nuts, but we're on the way up and the Patriots are on the decline. Next year = sweep.

21. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    You got it opie.

The Miami Dolphins are on the rise.
    Other teams need to be afraid.........very afraid.:wharf::evillaugh:

opfinistic likes this.
  22. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Look I am the type that does not base my season success off what we did last year.

I predicted a 9-7 season this year, because we got some decent Coaches in here and we looked good in preseason.

In 1 season Cameron nearly destroyed this franchise, (had we lost every game last year.)

Is it fair to say that the Patriots are 40% worse than last year, because they lost 4 games this year?.

For the person who said the Patriots didn't throw on every down, okay, maybe not, but at least 90% from a spread Offense, and in shotgun formation, and time in and time out, our Defense could not stop it.

My biggest bone to pick is, we have yet to ever win a big game (at home) when it really matters the most.

We should have won this game and we played with no emotion.

The Patriots laid it to us...

BTW:

How bad was Jake Long's injury.....?

d-1

23. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    No-one is happy with the way things went down, but we're a work in progress and we (still) have a shot at a PO spot. It got more challenging, but that will make the last stretch of the season more interesting.

24. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    We're going to need a lot of help to make the playoffs. You know, hope the Pittsburgh beats the Patriots, hope the Jets lose, hope we can beat the Jets and the Bills.

1) I was never a fan of Ronnie Brown to begin with, he just never shows up in big games so it seems.

2) It killed us getting rid of 2 great receivers, Chambers and Welker.

3) We could have gone after Moss, but a lot of fans on the D.D. and around the league felt he was a cancer.

Football is a lot like poker, you have to have a good hand (A'ces in the hole) to just make it to the tournament. Bluffing can only get you so far in the games that really count....

Had we beaten the Patriots, and we easily should have, we'd be sitting in the drivers seat right now....

I predict at this point we don't make the playoffs.

d-1

25. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    You are probably right on us missing the playoffs, our last two wins, at home, against struggling teams, were nail-biters, it isn't a real shock that we lost to the Patsies, especially after humiliating them earlier this year. I still can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings.

like2god likes this.
  26. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I guess that's all we can do at this point.

When would you start Henne....?

d-1

opfinistic likes this.
  27. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    When (and if) he beats out Penny in camp.

dolphindebby likes this.
  28. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Cameron didn't destroy the Phins. He was just the final step in an allready years old decline.

I'm very proud of our Phins. I have a buddy that was a pats fan who now hates the pats and has Pennington as her fantasy league QB. :)

29. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I never had expectations to make the playoffs because even if we should make it we wont go far.We dont have the depth needed .

I guess those who have unrealistic expectations will be disappointed .

I am just happy we are are on the right track and for the first time since the Shula days I can honestly say we are on that track.

baboo72, MS4FINS, anlgp and 3 others like this.
  30. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'd say we were well on our way to the bottom of the barrel before Cam came on board. Heck, I'd blame Wanny more than Cameron for the mess we had last year.

I completely disagree with this assertion. To say that the team played with no emotion is a disservice to the effort that they put forth. Please provide me some examples of the "no emotion" that you witnessed yesterday.

He is day-to-day with a high ankle sprain. Camarillo is lost for the year.

31. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada

Yeah nice post Muck. After several seasons where we didn't even know week to week who our QB was going to be, to being able to score in a slugfest, this team has done very well. We have nothing to be dissapointed about with this years team. They have played incredible and made watching football fun again.

I do relate to the thread starter though, that was a tough game to swallow a loss. Of course it sucked and was frustrating, but monday morning you have to step back and look at things in perspective, that loss yesterday was actually a very close game right till the end. 6 lead changes, thats lots for any nfl game, and the momentum could have swung either way near the end, but the pats have much more expereince in big game, close situations, which is probably why they out lasted our guys when it became crunch time in the 4th.

I'm still very proud of our team, for that game and for this season. And its not over yet...

dolphindebby likes this.
  32. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I want them to make the playoffs but failing at that I at least want them not to finish last this season.

33. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Dude you keep acting like the sky is falling?

I'll choose to see that after 1-15, and with all the splurging this roster took this offseason, that the year is by far more successful than I imagined.

The Patriots are not nearly as bad as you think they are either.

No matter what happens this year I'll be happy. Playoffs or not and I'll be even more excited to see what changes this staff makes for 2009....

Things are looking up for the first time in a while .

34. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Someone asked to provide some examples, well how about this:

Rushing CAR YDS AVG TD

R. Brown 10 37 3.7 0
    R. Williams 6 21 3.5 0

Should our plan not been to just pound the ball and use clock on long drives....?

Grant it, the Patriots just kept marching down field on with their 2 minute offense (that was their plan) don't let the Dolphins run the ball, make them play catch-up football, so you keep their offense off the field and you run, run, run and you use 6 defensive backs and you blitz the daylights out of them and you hit Cassel hard and put him on his back time in and time out, just like the Giants did with old Brady in the last game of last year and the Super Bowl....!.

d-1

35. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    I can relate to the OP totally.

I can see how years of seeing the holy grail in front of you and then it being snatched away over and over and over gets old.

Some of you might say that every game is important, and thats true.

But only to a certain extent. You cant say that the Superbowl is not more important than game 1.

They are all important....but in the same breath....NO, there are those that carry more significance than others.

It always seems like we are thisclose and when that game that carries the weight comes up, we end up losing it.

All I can say is that you have continue the good fight and keep on truckin' hoping that one day this team will rise above the rest once and for all...

We seem to be well on that path to success. Although we've said that before with other regimes, all you can really ask for is a shot.

Although it may hurt seeing our chances this year fade some, we can always look towards a brighter future.

Even though I am the first to say live for now because you may not have another day, there's not much you can really do except to look towards that future.

Hey, you never know...that future may still be now if we can pray for a Pats loss, Jets loss, Buffalo loss (to us) and we are 10-5 heading into that final game.

36. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Next year only if he beats out Penny

Pennington is having an All-Pro type season, you don't bench him.

And playoffs were not even a thought coming into the season, just being mentioned about being in the picture should tingle all of us.

We are getting better and better every game.

I said in the beginning of the year that if we got 6 wins I would be very happy, I never thought we would have 6 wins in week 10.

37. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    You captured my point entirely, I just did not know how to say it or explain it in simplistic terms. We (as the Dolphins), never ever seem to be able to win the "big" game).

We have an injury and it seems as we're done. Other teams have them, and they win the Super Bowl.

We trade players and let them go to other teams, and they all wear Super Bowl rings.

We blow up a stadium that really had home field advantage, and we blunder game after game at home, when it should be our home field advantage.

Eli Manning and his Coach were on the way out last year, until they faced the Patriots and believed in themselves. There was rumor they would both be gone, but they win the Super Bowl...

The Dolphins never ever seem to be able to get over that hump.....

Living in the 70's.......

But they no longer make the VW Bus anymore.....

d-1

38. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    No. It is fact that the teams that stay healthy are in the postseason. And what injury are you talking about. We have stayed healthy for the majority of the season. It is largely responsible for our record.

Free agency being what it is you will always find a Dolphins player on a SuperBowl roster. Similarly you will also find players from 30 others teams. You only notice the former Dolphins players BECAUSE they are former Dolphins players.

Don't fool yourself. The stability of this franchise was provided by Don Shula, Joe Robbie, and the fact that free agency did not exist.

Also consider the fact that this team had a series of years where it did not lose in September in Miami. The team developed a reputation for a fast start and a collapse at the end. The fact is that you can prepare for humidity but most don't. I went through a period of years in my life when the heat and humidity would dehydrate me once per year. Why? I was still living by a spring and winter pattern. The home field advantage in this area is not going away.

Huh? The last starting quarterback to have back to back season with a coach was Jay Fiedler and Dave Wannstedt. How in the hell could you compare the present day Dolphins with the Giants? Heck, was Eli even in the league the last time Fiedler started for the Dolphins?

You have said this more than a few times and each time it comes from out of nowhere. Nobody has referenced the 70's on any occassion you mention the period of time. I have not heard players mention the 70's. I have not heard coaches mention the 70's. As a matter of fact, I have not heard many fans reference the 70's. So who is it living in the 70's? Is it you? It sure seems to be........

39. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    If someone would have told me that after last year, this year we would beat the Pats at NE by 25 points and loose to them at home, I would ask them what they were smoking...

40. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    He only had 11 touches all game... 10 carries, for 37 yards, and 1 catch for i think 9 yards or something... how much did you really want him to show up with that kind of limited production???

Chambers isn't as good as we hyped him to be... the draft picks were far more valuable to this team moving forward and rebuilding than he was. Welker was nowhere near worth what the pats bought him for. He's mainly so sucessful in NE due to the other receivers he's on the field with getting most of the attention. Again, no big loss here. [/quote]

Randy Moss would have never played for this team, not in a millions years. Give your head a shake. He wanted a winner. He would have probably spurned a deal that paid him more money than NE was paying him just for the chance of winning the superbowl. The same way the Red Wings are able to get top talent year after year at reduced costs than other teams would pay

Im wondering just why you think we should have "easily" beaten the patriots? With their top tier receivers, and our below average secondary, against a good, hot quarterback who's come into his own over the last few weeks...

We're in year 1 of a rebuilding project... I think that about 60-70% of our roster is guys who weren't here last year, and we're extremely young, with a rookie HC... did you really expect a superbowl year one?

Lets face it, we were never going to win out the rest of our schedule. A loss or two was bound to come... Sure it sucks it was against a hated rival like NE... but come on, this team is far exceeding expectations for the level of talent on the field...