1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriots Most Used Personnel against the Dolphins Last Season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mbmonk, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    I was going through the stats from the last season matchups against the Pats and here is the breakdown of their two most used personnel packages.

Personnel Package: 11
    Num of Plays: 23
    Runs: 7
    Passes: 16
    Run Percentage: 30%
    Pass Percentage: 70%
    Run Average: 5.8
    Pass Average: 3.8
    TD's: 1
    Most Targeted: Welker 4 times, Tate 4 times

Personnel Package: 12
    Num of Plays: 46
    Runs: 28
    Passes: 18
    Run Percentage: 60%
    Pass Percentage: 40%
    Run Average: 4
    Pass Average: 9
    TD's: 3
    Most Targeted: Welker 4 times, Gronkowski 3

I only recorded part of the 2nd game against the Pat's. Brady I believe was pulled so I didn't track those plays. Of course the Pats used more than these two personnel packages (PP) but they were minor in number compared to these. These were the first two games I started tracking stats for so I could be way off. I have gotten better at it as time has gone on.

The major thing that jumped out at me was the Pats ran the ball a majority of the time in the 12 PP. Also Welker was the most targeted player in both packages which is impressive considering he was out for the second game against us. Brady does a great job of spreading the ball around. So the number of targets are relatively spread out across receivers. For example of the 8 passes in the redzone no player was targeted two times. It was a different player every time.....

djphinfan and Disgustipate like this.