1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriots DE/OLB Derrick Burgess was a no-show

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by finyank13, Jul 29, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Patriots DE/OLB Derrick Burgess was a no-show, considers retirement

This is wierd and interesting at the sametime, not because of a contract, but because, THEY CANT FIND HIM!!!!! Got to love the Bells-cheat lie spin once again...

Patriots DE/OLB Derrick Burgess was a no-show for the start of training camp Thursday.

Coach Bill Belichick was quoted as saying all players under contract were in attendance, but there's been no sign of Burgess. The pass rusher hasn't returned texts or phone messages from CSNNE.com's Tom Curran, and it's not clear if the team knows his whereabouts.

http://www.csnne.com/07/29/10/Quest...tatus/landing.html?blockID=279625&feedID=4023

2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Updating a previous item, Patriots DE/OLB Derrick Burgess is absent from training camp because he's reportedly contemplating retirement.

The 31-year-old also missed the start of Raiders camp last season. He's not the first grizzled veteran to decide that his heart is not in it in late July. Burgess is said to be leaning toward retirement, but he's not ruling out a change of heart. We can't imagine Bill Belichick looking to kindly on his absence.

This would be awesome for us, I dont think it is going to happen, but the wheels on the bus seem to be falling off. Burgess while being overrated, is one of the main vets on that defense, and this lose would be a big one IMO.....

quick BB, go sign Crable back hahahahaha

padre31 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    finyank13 likes this.
  4. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Pads I didnt even realize they had a forum, might have to make a profile, and start air raiding that site...

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Umm..yeah..no idea there is a New England Pastriots Forum..okay.

TheDolphins are closing on the Pasties FY, of that I'm certain, Burgess would have been a role player, we have Wake..just sayin'...

and they tried out Ricky Foley, Wake's understudy in BC...keep nipping on Sparano's ****, they gonna catch the rabies...:yes:

Tuna is like Toranaga and he has his eyes focused firmly on Foxboro...

6. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Wow. I never noticed how bad the Patriots LB corp was until now.

finyank13 likes this.
  7. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I am serious Pads I had no clue, never was that interested to check, or just lazy...

Here is the thing with the Tuna, I know he leaves early yada yada, but he has it all right where he is. He just supervises the ship, that is being steered by the other 2, he has it made in Miami. He wants to stick it too the Jets, and the Pats, especially the Pats....where else to do that but here?? Buffalo?? I cant see the Tuna leaving, because of his ego, he wants to dead all the talk of him not being as good as portrayed, to do that, he has to win an SB. Doing it in the AFC East is even better. The only way I think he leaves is if Ross doesnt sign him after next year, or just makes it so uncomfortable for him to be here....just my .02.

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    As of right now, the guy hasnt showed up, and has been put on the "one foot in the grave" list......this is awesome...they are talking like he is retired already hahahah

Patriots placed DE/OLB Derrick Burgess on the reserve/did not report list.

It's the same report Bills' OLB Aaron Schobel was placed on earlier Thursday in similar circumstances. Burgess is contemplating retirement. If he gets the itch again, the Pats can activate him at any time.

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Coach Bill Belichick expressed frustration with DE/OLB Derrick Burgess' unexpected absence from training camp.

"Derrick wasn't here yesterday and we expect him to be here," Belichick said. "I'm not sure exactly that I know all the information that I need to know ... We'll just take that day by day." Burgess is an important piece to a defensive puzzle with major questions at pass rusher. The Pats can still activate him if/when he decides to come back.

http://www.csnne.com/07/30/10/Belic...be/v1_landing.html?blockID=280238&feedID=3352

10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Seems like he is done guys.....hahhahah....one can hope!!

JasonLaCanfora

Patriots DL Derrick Burgress continues to tell current and former players he is retiring, but has yet to file paperwork. He has yet to ...

JasonLaCanfora

report to camp. It's not a $ or contract issue, just a matter of whether he is ready to put his body back through the grind. As of this ...

JasonLaCanfora

Afternoon he continued to tell his peers that he had played his last game. And, of course, nothing is final until he files the paperwork

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Tuna is the visionary FY, he sees the largest of pictures, his job is not to make every decision for Irish and Sparano, it is to teach them "how" to make proper decisions.

Right now, the Pastriots "own" the division, they have for years up in Foxboro, "we" can write Belicheck and Co off, Tuna cannot, if Miami is to be a Dominant team in the AFCE, the road runs through Foxboro as long as Belichek is there.

And I'd guess you do not recall the excellent early 80's mini series Shogun?