1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriot fans finding new ways to become annoying

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by 124, Aug 19, 2008.

1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/e...008/08/19/phelps_spitz_the_pats_and_the_fish/

Pats fans still annoyingly find tangential reasons to rant about bull****:

Yes. A Canadian Pats fan named Gideon. Nothing like the Olympics to bring together douchetaaaaahd Pats fans living under the flags of all different nations.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    The sense of entitlement these people have is aggravating, rivaling only Yankees fans. :pity:

muscle979 and calphin like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul New Member

May 13, 2008
    The ironic part of that piece (of drivel) is that the Pats were carrying themselves like champions before they got beaten in the championship game, not to mention their pea-brained fans.

"We're only going to score 17 points?"

Tone_E, calphin and padre31 like this.
  4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    and they don't exactly have 26 championships to hang that entitlement on.

spitz is an arrogant prick. phelps never even said he was an inspiration...spitz just made the comment "im sure i was an inspiration to you". the guy is not exactly loved by all in the swimming community, and those who have ever dealt with him. and spitz wasnt gracious, he was self serving. he was the friggin guy who said he hopes phelps doesn't break the record, and that it'd be good for swimming if he lost!

and say what you want about the 72 phins. plain and simple, they didn't want to share their record with a bunch of controversial cheats who run the scumbag gammit from running up scores to committing adultry.

muscle979, Zeke0123, Tone_E and 5 others like this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Apparently some do not remember 49ers fans in the 80's and early 90's, pretty much the same thing as now, except the Niners never had a "Perfect Season" party when they did not have a perfect season....

calphin likes this.
  6. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQKBg[/ame]

late again, arsenal, calphin and 2 others like this.
  7. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

For that Pats fan to still be mad and feel the need to write anything tells me how upset they were and still are

and that alone puts a smile on my face from ear to ear:up:

Coral Reefer and late again like this.
  8. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats just sad.

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    French Canadian + Pats Fan = Biggest. Douche. Evar.

EDIT: It always grinds my gears to hear someone refer to the Dolphins as "The Fish". Its just ignorant. (Also one of the reasons Im not a fan of Dr. Z from SI)

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

The disconnect is that Phelps ACTUALLY TIE AND BROKE SPITZ's record. The Patriots, did not, yet they were crowned as such from about week five on. Apparently everyone of those Pats fans fails to remember that Mercury Morris was quoted as saying he would be happy to congratulate the Pats IF they did it. But they didn't. His point was don't crown them until that have been crowned.

Spitz did not congratulate Phelps UNTIL his seventh gold medal that tied him. Up until then, Spitz was complaining and whining about how NBC/USA Olympics/everyone should fly HIM to China so that he could be there live. And for what? To get more face time? Perhaps. Or was his motivation to be visible in front of Phelps to try and distract him just enough to preserve his own legacy?

These are the things that people fail to remember when formulatiing their opinions and making their points.

Need further proof of Morris and Co. good psortsmanship? They filmed two commercials for the Super Bowl, the one where they are the only residents in "Perfectville," and the other where they see the Patriots move in, and they go over to welcome them. The simple fact that they agreed to that shows that ultimately, had it happened, they would have accepted it and moved on.

11. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Makes me smile to know that Pats fans are butthurt....I remember reading post about how we would go 0-16 and they would go 19-0 and what a great season it would be for them...and how did we like it etc etc..

Then comes week 14 and Greg Camarillo saves us from Infamy...and Ill be honest with you.. last season had soured me so badly I almost considered giving it up I had gotten zero enjoyment from something I love deeply then it went beyond not enjoying it..then it went to glee :) my friends at work couldnt understand "why are you smiling your still going to be 1-15" I said "who the hell cares no one will remember 1-15" :tongue2:

I was grining for 3 straight weeks...and Im betting the Pats fans didnt enjoy a single win after all the "perfect season" talk started they probably just felt relief after every game...Then the capper happens the Patriots suffered the single most devastating loss in NFL history after weeks/months of gloating over something they hadnt even accomplished and how it was going to be "better" than the '72 team...oops

Thank you 07 Giants there is joy in Mudville :up:

12. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    If only if I could put this whole quote in my sig.

late again likes this.