1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat White to Play in 2nd Qrtr

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, Aug 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Heard on WQAM that he will play in the 2nd quarter so he can get some work behind the starting o-line. Henne will play at the end of the game. Guessing 3rd and 4th quarters

2. houtz

houtz New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Good to hear. He looked pretty good in his limited playing time in the first preseason game. To many drops and the weather conditions were awful. I look forward to seeing what he can do.

3. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Houtz has made an appearance!!!

This may say something about what they see and think of Henne though.

4. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

I don't think so.

White is virtually guaranteed to play behind the first team in the regular season, so he needs reps there.

Henne may sit the entire season. It's just common sense that you get the guy most likely to play reps with the first team.

5. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Pretty much what i was thinking too. This really probably has nothing to do with whether Henne is good or bad but just getting pat comfortable with the first team in a game situation.

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Sparano said there may be opportunities in the second half where Henne has to win the game or go into 2-minute offense.

If you recall, last week they had him play quarters 2 and 3, as they wanted him to go into halftime, make adjustments and come out again.

They also want to give White time behind the first team OL.