1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat White: Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, May 19, 2009.

Tags:

Pat White: Rookie of the Year?

1. Definitely. The kid is gonna tear up the NFL.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He will be in the conversation at the very least.

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. You're crazy. He won't even be in the debate.

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Okay, okay, I know its way too early to discuss this, but I don't care. I'm psyched at the possibilities Pat White will bring.

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I have no doubt he will see the field and no doubt he will make some impact plays but he won't be on the field enough barring something miraculous to get within sniffing distance of any rookie awards.

mullingan and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  3. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we don't even know if he's worthy of an NFL roster spot, let alone ROY. I like optimism, but not all optimism is healthy optimism. I'd hate to see people get all hyped up over this kid only to be disappointed if he's a total dud.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He's def worth a roster spot. But I agree, he won't be on the field enough to be considered as a ROY candidate. There's a saying a baseball that I think applies here, "If you can hit, they'll find a place for you".

I think a dynamic playmaker like White will have a place in the NFL.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Easy there. As a pure QB prospect, he is worthy of a roster spot. That's before you take into account his playmaking abilities.

6. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    No player is worthy of a roster spot until they prove it out on an NFL field, they need to earn it. Players who were picked much higher in the previous drafts and who were "sure things" fizzled, why should White get an immediate pass? Lets see him out on the field first rather than trying to project his production. :wink2:

7. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    That's just silly. We all know that plenty of rookies don't have to "earn" a roster spot by proving themselves on the NFL field.

8. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    You're right, they come into camp and don't impress and teams hold onto them to see if they can develop. But if they don't develop, the end up sacking groceries, hence "not worthy of a roster spot". Or another reason they don't get cut is because of draft position and rookie contract signed. Not all players who are drafted early are NFL material, teams try hard to get every bit of talent out of them, but you can't get blood from a stone. Draft position means nothing, physical attributes mean nothing, potential means nothing, they have to prove it out on the field first. Many players who looked to be homeruns at draft time ended up being infield popouts, wrong sport for an analogy, but you get the idea.

One could argue based on your comment that Parcells doesn't feel that a player needs to earn his spot, which we all know isn't the case. Even vets have to prove that they belong on the roster. :wink2:

9. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Seems like we agree but are in a battle of semantics. By the time one realizes that they haven't developed, they won't be rookies anymore.

Whatever the case may be, I have high hopes for White. Please note that these are "hopes", not "expectations".

---I hope Pat White turns out to be a playmaker in 2009.
    ---I expect Vontae Davis to earn a starting position and be a difference maker in 2009.

10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Pat White won't even be in the debate. Pat White won't be on the field nearly enough