1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat White on the effect of throwing without gloves

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Jul 6, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-for-the-start-of-the-morning-practice-l.html

I had Mando on embargo for a while and did not notice anyone else mentioning this...though last Camp Sparano claimed he did not tell White to throw without the gloves on..tsk tsk Anthony...

2. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Thanks for sharing the article but I really don't care if he throws with a glove or a Toyota on his hand as long as he can complete a pass or a run without a disaster ensuing.

Bpk likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    ...I just want an athlete that can throw the ball occasionally from that position, said it a million times, let em wear the stinkin gloves.

4. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Pat White is my homeboy from my hometown and I really hope he finds success in the NFL, and I think he will, even if it's not with the Dolphins.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Let him play with the gloves, who cares? I just want to see if he can complete a pass in the NFL.

6. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I don't understand why the Dolphins coaches and FO care whether or not White uses the glove. If he's physically and mentally comfortable with it, let him be- the glove worked just fine for Kurt Warner, why not for Pat White? John Beck- most here didn't like him, I did quite a bit. I think that the team should have left his throwing motion alone- for lack of a better word I think that it's kind of a sacred thing for a QB, their throwing motions and details involving how they throw the ball. Point being that imo the changes made to Beck's throwing motion hurt his confidence, which was eventually completely shot down here, what a waste. The Pat White glove may seem like a relatively small matter, but if he takes confidence and comfort in wearing it, what's the harm? Maybe it's a question of the glove being considered less effective in hot, humid weather, I don't know. But imo let PW be the judge of that.