1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat White highlights

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gafinfan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    he showed poise and awareness.

3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Pat White will pay major dividends this year.

gafinfan likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yeah, White didn't have that Vince Young sense of "what do I do now!!"

5. TJamesW_Phinfan

TJamesW_Phinfan New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    You can see it in his eyes. Instead of the way some rookies look like they're overwhelmed he seems to be thinking and absorbing constantly. And he also seems quick both in movement and decision making so far.

gafinfan likes this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    pat white is all about football & winning
    he is fearless, tireless, dedicated & a natural leader of men
    he will bring much joy our way

Quoting another famous NFL QB of similar talent: its not the size but the fight in the dog that counts

gafinfan likes this.
  7. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I question if the rain/sloppy weather had anything to do with the drops. Two more preseason games are coming up very soon so we'll get to see more... but I refuse to over-praise White like some are after just one preseason game.

8. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I liked what I saw of him. Hopefully, he'll continue to make strides. I hope we work him into the Wildcat this season.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd like to offer a comparison between P White to John Beck.

Beck had the tools, strong arm, 4.67 40, 60% plus completion percentage and a winner in college.

But he was terrible in Miami for a very simple reason...pressure...he just could not handle things breaking down, be it protections or drops, Beck needed smooth sailing to be a good Qb.

P White, good arm, 4.49 40, 60% plus completion percentage, and winner of 4 consecutive bowl games a NCAA record. What P White showed that Beck never did was unflappability, 2 or 3 drops...no problem...P White will scramble for the first down, protection crappy...no worries, pass in the dirt...Haynos misses a block...White did not get up screaming or even slam the ball down..he just continued to play his game.

Poise and Confidence is a talent that White has in spades, White is just one of those solid, lunch pale kind of players who doesn't get to high or to low, guys like that given time and talent can become leaders....

I like the Pat White pick more now than in April, for the first time in years, maybe since Marino/Huard/Mitchell we have some talent at Qb.

10. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I don't think it's even fair to compare the two considering they are different types of quarterbacks AND compare the talent the two have/had around them... Not one bit fair, IMO.

Stitches likes this.
  11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Disagree, and of course, time will tell, but the difference between Beck and White is above the neck GIK, White is a leader, Beck could not command a huddle while in Miami.

And I really liked John Beck, but when a 3 second buzzer does you in, there is some sort of problem with the player.

12. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    White will be a stud

The little glimpse of the Cat had me licking my chops, that could have easily been a huge play if the tight end would have gotten a good block instead of that lame attempt

This guy is gonna be really good, CPEP's accuracy with a arm that could hit Ginn in stride.....ah man I gotta stop.....I'm getting to pumped up here:up:

gafinfan likes this.
  13. syborg

syborg New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Taunton, United Kingdom
    I think he looks good on the run but needs to learn to slide or a very large LB will kill him

14. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think Beck was a guy that just needed to be prepared more before he was placed in that situation. He needed to be prepared like Montana was. Montana was groomed for several seasons and only played in situations where success was stacked in his favor. Then when he was ready he was given the keys to the car. IMO Montana would have been 'done in' just like Beck if he had been placed in the same circumstances.

Now that shouldn't diminish the poise that White showed. I think he was very impressive, but I also think this staff did a better job of putting him in a situation where he had chance to be successful in. I think if they had put him under center from the beginning and he faced the same interior blitzes he would have appeared less poised or accurate. Although his ability to run would have helped him evade that rush better.

TJamesW_Phinfan likes this.
  15. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i can't believe we have 3 good QB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the team is very solid for a two year revamp job it has undergone
    a step up or two & we can contend
    next year we will probably go after major pieces @ NT & ILB
    everything else should develop within the roster

17. 6for6

6for6 New Member

May 15, 2009
    PW won over 40 games in college, several just using his legs. I saw most of them.

The kid is a winner and the sooner you accept the better off you'd be.

Don't give me that it was just college crap. He QBd BCS wins over Goergia and Oklahoma and made it look easy at times.

Give the kid some patience and time, he'll do the same thing for the Dolphins.

gafinfan likes this.