1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pat Kirwan praises Henne

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?...late=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

brandon27, DaFish, dolfan7171 and 5 others like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Great to here. Can't wait to see him as our QB in the future.

dolfan7171 and adamprez2003 like this.
  3. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Good read. I hope he's ready this season, in case Penny repeats the pattern of getting injured every other season.

4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Nice to hear this stuff. But I'm torn between wanting to see what he can do on the field and the success we've had with Penny. It's been refreshing as a Dolphan to not have a QB controversy...Seriously, 1999 was the last time there wasn't one...

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    there is no controversy
    we have a starting QB & an understudy, developing into a future starter backing him up
    & another #2 designated to run the WildCat, but you never know how things work out in the real world.

the only sure thing:yes:is: things change

adamprez2003 likes this.
  6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Nobody said there was one.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I remember when we had Fiedler on this team. He wasn't the best QB, didn't flash anything great, never showed he could win a championship. I also remember him leaving and our team sucking for the next 6 or 7 years. Most wanted to see the next QB, I think it may have been Griese at the time.

Anyway, we have something really good with Pennington, there is no point wishing it away. Henne's time will come, Pennington will probably either be injured or age will get the best of him. But we really need to enjoy what we have right now. The grass aint always greener on the other side.

8. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The problem after the Fiedler situation was that for some perplexing reason we hadn't been grooming a young QB to take his place. Instead we just went from one mediocre veteran to the next.

9. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Kirwan brought it up again today on the radio. I only caught the end of what he was saying but what interested me was that out of all the teams that they visited in training camp (I would guess between 8 and 12 teams), the Dolphins were the only ones using a buzzer system. You guys have probably heard what that is by now. We used it last year and Beck hated it. Basically, they set the buzzer to a realistic time where the qb has to get rid of the ball before it goes off. I believe it was 3 seconds. Kirwan was impressed by this training method and liked how Henne responded to it. Get that ball out quickly! And PK is right, what is the value of having your qb sit back there for five seconds in camp and fire off a deep pass every time? That's not realistic.

Ophinerated likes this.
  10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Kirwan has developed a bit of a mancrush on Henne. He's talked about him alot ever since their training camp tour stopped in Miami. Personally I can't blame him. Henne is going to be a star in this league as far as im concerned. Can't wait to see him play some more.

adamprez2003 and djphinfan like this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I like it when someone i respect uses the word star when it comes to one of our players.

12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I can't wait for him to start one game:wink2:

He's a star, he's HoF...........he's 2nd frigging string right now. Hopefully in a couple of years he can be a stud QB for us, but for now, he's just nothing more than a backup.

I hope nobody takes this wrong, but he hasn't done anything yet. I hope he turns out to be a great QB.:up:

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol..dude, besides the hall of fame comment, lol, were just excited about Kirwans analysis...its our future were talkin about,, and ive seen enough of his play, and am confident in my own analysis, to let myself get excited.

14. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I just don't want anybody to take what I said the wrong way. I hope he turns out to be a great QB for us:up:

djphinfan likes this.