1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pasqualoni worked out connor barwin today

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dwhorton, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    listening to movin the chain on sirius today they interviewed
    barwin and he said paqul had him at the board for about an hour and then did some pos drills. barwin said he thought it went well.

2. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    We are having serious interests in all the linebackers and DE converts. It's obvious we are targeting 1 or 2 of them on the first day.

Barwin is a good propect. I like his motor. Has all the measureables. Doesn't play with great strength though. He probably could even play ILB. Whatever Pasqualoni is looking at, Barwin would be a nice asset.

3. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    barwin scares me a little, the question i have after seeing the measurables and pos drills, did it translate to the field? that i can't, answer haven't seen enopugh of him.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    True, he spent most of his time at Te, that is one of the risks, is just an athlete or a football playing one?

He does move with that ease of a natural athlete, now stick a 322 pd RT in front of him and see how he does...

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Barwin is the most underrated talent in the draft IMO. He has HOF written all over him. He's lightening in a bottle with the non-stop motor of Lawrence Taylor (w/o the coke) and is the most explosive defensive player in the draft (His vertical and broad jump help attest to that). What he accomplished in 1 year at DE in the Big East is amazing. So much for George Selvie. LOL. Except for Sintim, all of the DE's this year will have to make the new transition to OLB, so they will all be in the same boat as Connor.

The only difference is- I feel Connor will make the quickest transition b/c he is extremely coachable and a born team leader. He doesn't need to play with his fingers in the dirt to get better forward momentum, and as an ex TE he is more fluid in the hips to aid in coverage earlier on. Plus he will be a beast on ST's from day one. There isn't a tackle in the NFL who will keep up with him for 60 minutes.

Many people prefer Clay Mathews at OLB.... well in the Senior Bowl on a goal line drive, Barwin was lined up at TE agains Mathews. Connor very politely proceded to "walk the dog" with Clay 5 yards into the endzone!! By politely I mean he completely manhandled him. Clay didn't fair any better the following play. My jaw totally dropped!!!!!

In my book, he's a top 10 talent.

6. dwhorton

dwhorton New Member

Mar 6, 2009
    mathews is another guy i'm alittle scared of also. just an explosive athlete like barwin but a one year wonder.i'm not saying i wouldn't welcome them to the fins. barwin should play real good in space and in his drops being a former te and all also on the sirius interview yesterday pat kirwin said that at the combine looked natural catching the ball not fighting it , so i would like to think he could all things considered get quite a few ints.

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Good point on the INTs, DW. He has long arms and a knack for knowing where the QB is going so that he can put himself in position to disrupt the play. Plus he has those 3 blocked kicks this year. ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device