1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells to start consulting company after Dolphins job?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miggemadness, Jan 6, 2008.

1. miggemadness

miggemadness New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsess...0d5d805b4316&template=with-video&confirm=true

I thought this was interesting. This doesn't sound too bad to me. If he leaves before we make it to a Super Bowl, oh well.....as long as he builds a solid foundation for the franchise. It sounds a lot like what people have been complaining about with Parcell's.

It gives me more confidence that he will do what he came here for. He's not going to bail out before making the fins competitve, others there a huge black mark that will scare other 'clients' away.

There's an interesting bit a few more paragraph's down about his job with the Pats. I wasn't aware the the NFL picked him to be the coach and GM because they needed to increase the vaue of the Pats.

2. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It would be in his best interests to do something like that. He grows bored once the challenge is gone, and with something like that, hhe would always be on to the next challenge.

3. SellTheFins

SellTheFins Member

Dec 15, 2007
    he's being sarcastic.

4. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    that's what I thought. I don't think he was completelty serious.

5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    I think Kirwin was just making an analogy to the business world.

6. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    Yeah, he was half joking.

Parcells will be in his 70's when his current contract expires..

7. miggemadness

miggemadness New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    that's kind of what I thought at first. As I continued reading the article it sounded semi-serious.