1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcell's search for another Lawrence Taylor

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...rch-for-another-lawrence-taylor.html#comments

:D I would be happy if we walked away with one or even two of those guys. I would also add Ayers to that list.

SICK, njfinfan and gafinfan like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I think too much is made of Parcels' quest to draft the next LT, as was intimated. He's a D coach that has a vision of what works for him, and certain guys fit that vision...it's as simple as that...I don't think he looks at English, Matthews, etc and says, "There, I've seen LT make that move 100 times, that's our guy !" I think that is the position he knows best and has the most input on, but I just don't think it's a driving force with him, as the media suggests....it may be a media/fans' misconception about what drives Parcels in the draft...

Parcels knows that it takes more than just a good OLB to make a champion. He also knows that his scheme is heavily dependent on that OLB position, but that he still needs WRs, CBs, Ss, and even punters to develop a champion...

Agua likes this.
  3. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    man i hope he hits the home run we need another input player on D like JT or ZT

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    LT was also the 2nd pick in the draft back then, (one that included Hugh Green Ronnie Lott, Freeman McNeil, Kenny Easley, EJ Junior) the talent pool was deep that year.

Point being, fishing for the "next" LT at #25 is more then likely not going to happen, we'll be lucky to find the next Demarcus Ware.

Agua likes this.
  5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    oh, i think it very much is his driving force on defense -- outside of DEs that can put pressure on the QB ... absolutely 2 positions we will draft this year. OLB #1, and DE no later than #5 (4th rd).

he is looking for the next LT, Abraham, Ware for our defense, and our DEs do not get to the QB ....

6. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I'll take that... ;)

padre31 likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Works for me.:wink2:

I'm really interested in seeing what Cam Wake can do for us I have a feeling his pursuit skills are going to remind people of some of the better OLB's in the NFL.

Sceeto likes this.
  8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I wouldn't put much stock in this. I mean what team ISNT looking for the next LT? Along with the next Marino, Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders.

9. PHINANALYST

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    i think most are getting too wrapped up in the 'LT' reference, but what it really means is that he is looking for that impact OLB - much 'like' LT, Abraham and Ware, that will become the impact player for this team.

and that he absolutely, positively is ....

10. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    I hear Ya' Don't you wish we could some how find out how Wake will be before the draft? :D ...Oh well.

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As far as we know Sceeto, Wake hasn't lifted a weight in the offseason program, the hold unto their information about players like it were gold.

I rewatched the Wake in the CFL films and he can go across the field amazingly well for a man his size, he has some wheels on him.

That and JT is supposed to make a decision after the draft, he is in the mix as well.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. PHINANALYST

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    JT is merely a back-up plan or plan C as it were ... if Johnson is available at 25 -- that is plan A. plan B would be Barwin / Sintim in rd 2.