1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells Needs To Lighten Up And End Rift.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, May 19, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/611/story/539383.html

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Finally a some logic and reasoning regarding this whole saga. I didn't think it existed.

jason8er and alen1 like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

This is total nonsense, Parcells does not owe a damn thing to JT, no phone calls, no nothing. Communications are supposed to be between the COACH and the players. And in case anyone hasn't noticed, Parcells is NOT the Coach, Sparano IS and Sparano & JT seem to be communicating just fine thank you very much. The media is just hungry for news and stirring up **** for something to write, and they don't care if it costs JT or the Fins. Disgusting, just sad. :tantrum:

4. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Very well said.

5. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    This whole article is a head scratcher. In fact I went back to read it again to make sure I didn't miss something. Cote states that Parcells won't talk to the media. Then he writes this:.................

Meanwhile, back at Dolphins headquarters in Davie, club high-potentate Bill Parcells quietly bristles and boils, stews and seethes, over Taylor's continued absence -- over the very idea that a player on his watch might choose ballroom dancing over Tuna's definition of dedication. And get away with it!

What galls Parcells (picture the face of a man biting a lemon) is that a ''Parcells guy'' does not prance or pirouette in ruffled sleeves.....

So if Parcells isn't talking to Cote, how does Cote know the above?
    Aside from all of that, I agree that there doesn't need to be routine communication between Parcells and Taylor. It's a non issue.

6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    One of them will cave and appologize, they'll go have a nice dinner at Outback, and come home for some makeup sex. Isn't that how most disagreements end?:lol:

7. SuncoastFinsFan

SuncoastFinsFan Banned

Apr 12, 2008
    If anyone knows anything about Parcells they know that this isn't about JT. Parcells is smart enough to see the situation that JT is in...and he knows what JT is doing for himself.

This is about the other players and a codification of the BP "brand". If BP doesn't make nice with JT (maybe the best player ever to play in Miami) he surely doesn't give a crap about any other player with less credentials.

He is sending a message to the other players on this team...A message that is loud and clear in classic BP style...without saying a word.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Now there's a picture I don't want in my head. :lol:

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    How about Taylor not going to LA and getting to camp friday? That would go a long way to ending the rift. Parcells is Parcells, he is not going to change what has proven to work for him for anybody, including Taylor.

10. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Yeah, I grew up a Giants fan too, and have been watching Parcells since the early 80's. They definitely broke that mold long ago.

11. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    "Taylor has every right to enjoy (literally enjoy) a semblance of an offseason. Everything to this point has been voluntary, anyway, as much of a joke as that is in the modern NFL. Neither the team's conditioning program nor its minicamp/OTAs have been mandatory. Nothing until a June 6-8 minicamp is."

Really? So now Jason Taylor has it tough because he works 5 hours a day from July-December. He works so hard in those 6 months that he needs a FULL 6 month offseason to enjoy, not even able to spare ONE weekend?!

And here I thought my 3 weeks vacation at my job was generous.

12. Vampire Baby

Vampire Baby New Member

May 5, 2008
    Parcells doesn't have to do anything. I think Jason should be at camp sweating with his team mates. We need him to be here to help with the young guys and to learn the new scheme. I heard he is undersized (lost a lot of weight). Is there any truth to that?