1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parcells hiring doesn't help Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by andyahs, Dec 20, 2007.

1. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I agree with Marvez if things play out that way.

"Despite Miami's 2007 struggles, Cameron and Mueller deserved a second season working together under their terms to construct a winner. Cameron erred plenty in his first year as an NFL head coach, but even Parcells would have struggled to overcome the rash of injuries that hit a talent-barren roster. Mueller also made personnel decisions for the long term and didn't seek a quick fix like Saban during his two seasons."

I completely agree with the above paragraph.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's amazing that Marvez blames Huizenga for the discontinuity in the administration. Absolutely amazing.

No wonder this guy went on to the national media scene: he fits the job requirements of not having a clue what goes on in Miami.

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I see where he's coming from... Huizenga does have a fetish for big names... it really hasn't been working thus far, but we'll see where this one goes.

5. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    Yeah...Huizenga's heart is in the right place, but he is not knowledgable enough about the game to do anything but throw money at big names: Johnson, Saban, Marino, Parcells. He needs someone in the FO that knows who the guys about to break big are.

6. cheyannefan

cheyannefan New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Cameron should get next year to make improvements. If he doesn't do enough next year, then I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells tries to hire Josh McDaniels (OC, Patriots) because he is starting to show that he has what it takes at a young age.
    That would make this hiring seem rational. I'm glad that Wayne is doing something though, because he wants to improve and he is showing that.

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    McDaniels can go elsewhere. I'm tired of the long line of Patriots coordinators and coaches who are hired as impact head coaches only to do absolutely nothing in their new jobs.

Belichick and Pioli are the reasons the Patriots are so successful, not Weis/Crennel/McDaniels.

8. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Exactly why we need to make Pioli the GM today!

9. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Seems to me the problem could of been that Wayne ultimately left himself in charge of three individuals, with differing degrees of autonomous power.

Capers held control of the defense, Mueller, a GM, is sharing considerable power over personnel with the head coach, who had no say over who his DC was to be.
    Who currently holds the unquestionable power to fire who?

Its simply not wise to try to run a successful organization, without an undisputed fulltime leader in charge.

10. big0mar

big0mar New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    F*** Alex Marvez

he ran saban out of town, now hes trying to run parcells out of town

11. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    That's why he hired Parcells, that's Parcell's job now.

12. Finfang

Finfang New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Impossible to do. He is unavailable.

The only way it could happen is if The Pats let him leave.
    Another impossibility!

13. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Wayne let his own personal sentiments get in the way of managing the Dolphins. His refusal to dump Wannstedt is proof of that. Parcells wont let personal sentiments influence his business sense. He will be able to make the tough decisions to turn this franchise around. I am sure we wont like all of his decisions but he will do what he feels is necessary.

14. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I could care less what happened in the past. You can't deny Parcells' ability and this will give us steadiness in the front office and gets us to where we want to be on the field.

15. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    how can parcells not help this team, where have they been the last decade? out of the playoffs or losing seasons, enough is enough, if i had a billion dollar investment maybe i would hire the best football guy out there too

16. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    parcells is a great hire. we are blessed to have a owner like huizenga who spares no expense to put a winning product on the field.

17. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    He spoke about starting "yet" another rebuilding process? We have been doing that since 99'.What's the big deal if we start again.Give this man the 3 year window to BUILD this team,and come back and talk trash to me.He is a known winner and will change this thing around.

18. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    some of these writers are just trying to improve there resume by writing this crap

19. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Marvez was right to blame Huizenga. This hire (along with all the others) wreaks of desperation. It is a desperation to be liked in South Florida. Huizenga has sought to please the mob everytime they raise stink in Miami.

Marvez is also correct that Parcells will reap the rewards for the bullet that Cameron and Mueller bit this year. It is evident that Mueller had a plan for this team and Marvez said so.

This is actually the most informative article I've read all year from a Miami sportswriter. Contrary to those writers he left in south florida, Marvez actually likes the team.

20. andyahs

andyahs New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Exactly.....:up:

21. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Playing the devil's advocate here......

Ability to what? Coach?

The words "steadiness" and "Parcells" just do not mesh.

How will he assist "on the field"? The last I read Parcells said himself that he would not be doing neither GM nor coaching jobs for the team.

I'll be watching this page in the offseason. This will be the only change due to Parcells hiring.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/contacts/administration/administration.asp

22. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    its not a desperate move,parcells wanted to be in the front office and we landed him, as a vp of operations he could very well go past his four year contract

23. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I can't disagree more. "Please the mob" would of consisted of 1st not hiring Wanny, then not keeping him as long as he did. Second, Saban quit Wayne and not the other way around. Cam? Well Cam just sucked and gets paid very well to not suck. Wayne made it clear prior to the season he expected to win now and Cam didn't deliver and as far as "rebuilding" goes that plan only went into effect about 8 games into the season.

Cam to put it simply, does not "deserve" anther year because he has no good will built up and starting with the 9th pick of the draft has over and over again made questionable moves that cost Wayne money.

Cam only bit the bullet from the gun he put into his own mouth. If he would have drafted Quinn and Quinn sucked he would of been forgiven for that but he pressed his luck with an impatient fan base (as far as QB goes) and from where we sit now we have a old Rookie who doesn't look what he was billed to be...at best he might develop by what, age 30? Add to this the things here and there that look like they cost the Dolphins a few wins this season and I just can't show Cam any sympathy.

24. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    :glare: