1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panda Points

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

I'm glad they finally are crowding the LOS pre-snap on defense.

Vernon getting a piece of Spiller to slow him up was my play of the game.

How did everyone feel about that Bush TD being upheld? I felt dirty. Just get the call right...

Reshad Jones has to make the pro bowl.

Retaining Reggie...Sounds like a Wes Anderson film. I'm sure Owen Wilson will be in there somewhere.

Odrick continues to rise.

I already have more confidence in Lamar Miller over Reggie. Did you see how fast Bush recovered in the first half after coming up gimpy?

Jake Long hardly seems necessary right now.

Tannehill really spread the ball around nicely to a bunch of no name receivers. Almost pulled a "Whigga Elk"-* into the end zone...

* - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMoyl7PO7Cc

Binns looks polished.

Didn't even notice Sean Smith was gone in the second half.

That "King of the Hill" sound bite in the stadium is fitting, but podunk. Still better than the "fins to the left" gobsheit...Die frat icon, DIE!

Randy Cross commentating really takes the edge off when you're used to Dierdorf and Simms.

Bills fans should just kill themselves, but I think they're too lazy to pull it off. Perhaps a light coma...

Kaeding's pooch punt illustrates why I think Philbin is for real. I thought it was the perfect call.

Shot gun formation on third and 1 in the second reminded me of Marino. Tanne made a good pass, but dropped. Liked the show of confidence on the play call irregardless.

Trusnik looks like he had a bad sunburn. Should probably "Island of Dr. Moreau"-* himself before going outside.

* - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-etWMvV-pn...lKc1iwGnpZU/s1600/ISLAND-OF-DR-MOREAU_610.jpg

Dolphin bandits, or whoever they were being shown on TV, looked like white trash versions of Raider fans. Except for the dude with the large Tiki mask...

The overhead blimp shot of SunLife at the beginning of the game is what I imagine Little Honey Boo-Boo's *** to look like. Orange with little flecks of feces lightly interspersed.

Playing the Bills is like getting a hand job from a mentally ******ed kid at a mental institution. There's just no way you're walking away feeling good about yourself.

Second or last drive by the Bills, when they were inside their own 20, Fitzpatrick rolled his head like a bored, tired little kid who's at the mall with his mom; eager to leave and whiny.

Overall, ho hum game that makes one yearn for the return of fan-man...

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas...

2. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    that stadium view at the beginning...what a disaster....

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I was fine with the Bush TD. You actually can't see if his foot was on the line or if there was grass between his front toe and the white because of the camera angle being from behind. The only way you could 100% tell his foot was on the line would have been from a front view which we didn't have. That means it HAS to be inconclusive since saying his foot was out would have been based on a personal opinion and not hard video evidence.

4. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    The bills got robbed several times to the point where i was ALMOST feeling dirty. the reggie td was nothing in comparison. but then I stopped caring when fitzy face started whining liking a baby on his knees when odrick poked his face mask

Bpk and Pandarilla like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol

6. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, it's so hard to blame Fitzpatrick though. I mean, you just know it's because he's too smart for the blind rah rah approach.

7. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

There was a game earlier this season with plays similar to the Johnson and Dickerson fumbles where the calls went all against us on replay. I think Ron Winter was the ref in that game I am thinking of.

Pandarilla likes this.
  8. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yeah, it evens out usually. The Bush TD was clearly botched and sets a bad precedent for overturning bad calls. I thought it was obvious he stepped out. I've just seen too many of those calls go against us on the basis of not enough visual evidence to overturn the initial call. It's a clear grey area that allows for manipulation IMO.

Bpk likes this.
  9. evz

evz Feral Druid Club Member

Yesterday was the first game in along time where I felt it was the refs favoring us. It's all perception, but normally it feels like the **** end of the stick, whereas yesterday everything went our way.

Hiruma78, Bpk and Pandarilla like this.
  10. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Yup, and that's why it's been so annoying...Because we always get the breaks when we don't need them in meaningless games.

They should make it so the head coach could say, "Ya know what, even though the booth deems the replay to be too sketchy to overturn the initial decision, I clearly see Bush' foot go out of bounds enough to have it mess with my conscience. Place the ball at the spot, and let the means justify the end..."

Califin likes this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    If Philbin did that I'd want him fired....seriously.

eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I thought we are getting adventurous on Special Teams

Like it, just think they have to show more success doing it or knock it off.

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

What would John Wooden do.

Also... this is clearly a photo of Clean and Deej cruising up and down Collins Ave for chicas on their parade-barge on a Tuesday night (aka Christmas Night).
    [​IMG]

Pandarilla, slickj101 and Alex44 like this.
  14. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    It's stupid bull stuff to think the refs favored us.
    I remember Don Beebe stepping way the hell out of bounds and coming back in for a TD when those Bills had their big come back against the Oilers in '92.
    They should have been toast. Frank Reich will still tell ya.
    Anytime under whatever circumstances you beat the Bills. Makes me happy. Anyone who doesn't get it can piss off.

15. MrClean

I do not agree it was clearly botched. It looked like he could have stepped on the line, but it was not conclusive that he did. Like someone else said, had there been a view down the line from the front it may have shown that. I do think some refs in the league would have reversed the call however. If you compare all the refs there is a definite pattern of certain ones having a higher pct of reversals. It was a review where the decision would not have surprised me either way.

16. MrClean

The game was not meaningless until Cincy beat Pittsburgh.
    Philbin had a worse view of it than we did, and any coach would have to be a fool to do that.

17. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I didn't see any paint coming from under the cleats. Looked like green and dirt to me.

18. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    I thought when Bush picked his foot up off the line there was a clear indentation left over the line. Something Cross and whatever his name is lucidly pointed out as if the audience were all noobs. Man, the first half was like a tutorial for 5th graders, my God...

Point is we didn't need it. You can't tell me we wouldn't have scored or that it would have even mattered in the end.

I'd rather have a play called correctly than a tainted win. Granted this clearly wasn't a deciding factor, like Gene Steratore handing Pittsburgh the win, but I still think the refs take subtle liberties with the phrase "not enough evidence to overturn the initial call."

19. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Ugh, those two games seemed far enough apart for us to win and then catch the rest of the Pittsburgh game. I was mucking around trying to set up game cast and streaming when I realized that the games were drawing closer to each other. Reluctant to leave our game until I was sure we won, it was no less than a minute after Reshad made the pick that I bungled picking up the live action of the Cincy debacle. I never made it past gamecast before Pitt crapped its collective pants. Subtle conflicting emotions in such a short span contributed to me later throwing up hot chocolate in the garage...Merry Christmas

20. MrClean

I think some refs would have done same as Anderson, and some would have overturned the call. Most likely Walt Coleman aka Mr Tuck Rule, would have, and so would have Ron Winter. Bill Leavy would not have. Just to name a few.

21. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Merry Christmas Mr. C...I just watched Abbot and Costello's "Buck Privates". Classic nostalgia for me from my NYC youth. They used to play these movies every Sunday in the White Plains area.

What did they used to play in the Northwest?

djphinfan likes this.
  22. MrClean

I'm not the one to ask when it comes to Abbott and Costello trivia. :)

Pandarilla likes this.
  23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Grew up in upstate New York, loved them on Sundays..spaghetti day.

Pandarilla likes this.
  24. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Northeast is Abbott and Costello with some three stooges. Southeast is feckin' Tarzan with some Benny Hill. The Northwest would be...

25. MrClean

We used to have all of them on TV at various times. The 3 Stooges, Abbott and Costello, Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, etc

Pandarilla likes this.