1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owners please end Lockout - give players the poison they ask for

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by gafinfan, May 15, 2011.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Do you really want to continue with letting the courts and Government interfere with your business? No? Well then give the players, including the oldtimers, just what they want, and then let them pay the piper!

http://phinphanatic.com/2011/05/15/end-the-lockout-give-the-players-what-they-want/

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I think the title to the thread is misleading... For a second I thought the lockout was over.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    And we would have football :yes:

gafinfan likes this.
  4. gafinfan

You are right, tried to go advanced to add the word "please" into the title but to no aval. Mods can you help?

Other than that glitz what is your opinion? Which of course is the real reason for the thread. Just asking?

Paul 13 likes this.
  5. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I fixed the title for you GA ...

As for your premise I can see how it sounds good on paper, but I suspect that if it were to be implemented that we would end up with yet another labor stoppage, this time from the players. There would be some backlash, especially in the area of medical insurance and the like. Say what you want about the lockout, but my hope is that the veterans who are out of the league get some form of retirement help, especially those who can't work ion the private due to repeated concussions and the like.

I also believe it would be a challenge to keep owners who are known as free spenders (such as Daniel Snyder) from blowing tons of money on the latest overpriced veterans ... they just can't help themselves.

Tone_E, Paul 13 and gafinfan like this.
  6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Agreed VO, on all accounts. The last thing I want to see is the NFL turn into the MLB where teams can literally buy a championship. I like the parity in the NFL.

Vengeful Odin and gafinfan like this.
  7. gafinfan

Thanks V O!

While I agree with you both, the fact is that if the players win and I think they will if the courts stay involved, what the article outlines happening is what is likly to be the case but with the added bonus of losing games and more Fan disinfranchisement to boot.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  8. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Give them what they want? No salary cap, no draft, no FA, etc? No thanks. All that will do is destroy the NFL, and turn it into a joke like the MLB. If they want to give them the money they foolishly think they deserve, go for it. All I know is if the players get what they want, no cap and no draft, I certainly will never watch another game.

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...peals_court_puts_players_in_tough_spot_051611

Looks like the NFL owners won this round ... and possibly the next. Can the players hold out, and for how long ...

gafinfan likes this.
  10. gafinfan

Well then you just might better get ready for no more NFL football cause if they win in court this time that is what is going to happen.