Owens would give a discount to Pats

12 replies

Thunderbolt89Thunderbolt89New MemberOP
Jul 15, 2010, 11:54 PM

Terrell Owens, who is still a free agent even as training camps approach, has made it be known that he would be willing to play for the New England Patriots, and he would do it for less money then for any other team.

http://www.playerpress.com/articles/10170-terrell-owens-will-play-for-patriots-for-less-money

Interesting article. I don't think the Pats would be interested in picking up Owens with Moss already there. I also think Owens doesn't have much left and will be picked up if someone gets hurt in camp or later in the season.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jul 16, 2010, 07:16 AM

A "discount" lol, like he has teams beating down the door to sign him. What a douche.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Jul 16, 2010, 08:59 AM

He should take a discount to play for the CFL....sorry Pads had to...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Jul 16, 2010, 09:01 AM

Imagine those two together 5 years ago, without the prima donna egos.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Jul 16, 2010, 09:44 AM

Even at his age your defense has to keep an eye on him, I mean he got us pretty damn good..

He will never be a 1,000 yd WR again but he still can change a game with one play.

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Jul 16, 2010, 11:29 AM

It wouldnt work in NE, they already have more than enough recievers. Owens won't find a team untill a reciever gets hurt in training camp/preseason.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Jul 16, 2010, 12:25 PM

"FinsAreLife wrote:

It wouldnt work in NE, they already have more than enough recievers. Owens won't find a team untill a reciever gets hurt in training camp/preseason.


actually they really dont....Moss fine, Welker is a ?, Edleman is decent...other than that who?

If Welker isnt Welker, they WR corp is in trouble...

It mainly wouldnt work cuz it is TO...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

Jul 16, 2010, 04:17 PM

I hope it happens, I want the final coup de grace for the Pats to be TO tearing that locker room apart.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 16, 2010, 04:27 PM

I would pay TO just to be quiet already. This guy is so annoying.

ALalen1New Member
Jul 16, 2010, 04:27 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

actually they really dont....Moss fine, Welker is a ?, Edleman is decent...other than that who?

If Welker isnt Welker, they WR corp is in trouble...

It mainly wouldnt work cuz it is TO...

Don't sleep on Taylor Price.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Jul 17, 2010, 12:02 AM

Amazing specimen...I mean he's 36 and still putting up decent numbers. I don't know if he's worth it, but if he goes to a playoff team, look out.
Kinda like Zach Thomas saying it was a shame that when finally figures it all out his body gives out. So it is with Terrell, as soon as he gets his temper under control, the fire goes out.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Jul 17, 2010, 01:35 AM

Owens still has plenty in the tank is he as good as he used to be of course not or he wouldn't be a FA right now but I know I am going to get bashed for this but I really wish he would come to Miami I think he would be a perfect fit oppsite of Marshall and he is still better then any of our #2 wrs and I don't care what anyone of you think of that. And I know it is never going to happen so save your breath

MAMakados10Forum Veteran
Jul 18, 2010, 12:47 AM

Owens was still pretty decent with Buffalo last year, especially considering the quarterback throwing to him.

I am surprised a team hasn't given him another 1 year type deal like in Buffalo.