1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our scout dives into a full plate of linebackers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Jan 31, 2010.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Our scout dives into a full plate of linebackers
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...t-dives-into-a-full-plate-of-linebackers.html

dolfan22, adamprez2003 and RoninFin4 like this.
  2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    At this point OLB has me more worried than ILB with respect to Miami filling its holes. You could look at a Karlos Dansby in free agency or guys like McClain, Weatherspoon, and Spikes in the first or early 2nd round (wouldn't it be nice to have another 2nd round pick for the 4th year in a row?).

Cameron Wake is a question mark, though I'd like to think he could do what Elvis Dumervil did in Denver last year at WOLB. Does Jason Taylor come back? I think Joey Porter is gone, but what type of production would he bring if he stayed? Charlie Anderson is still around and Quentin Moses is an exclusive rights free agent so you don't stand to lose anything bringing him back and letting him compete.

Derrick Morgan vs. Rolando McClain would be very tough call if you had to choose between them at #12 - especially if you haven't signed a Karlos Dansby in free agency. I doubt Brandon Graham would fall back to us in round 2 and I don't know what to make of some of the other guys as far as handling duties on the strong side. A lot of questions to be answered, but I'm pretty excited about the prospects of rebuilding the LB corp.

3. phinagan

phinagan New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Nice read on the prospects, thanks for the post.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Chris Cordero is a coup for Armando.

Given the popularity on message boards and the like of guys who take it on themselves to scout talent and write about it, it's always been surprising to me that the local papers hadn't dug up some out-of-work scouts or coaches and asked them to take a look at certain prospects and give their take on them. Chris Cordero is an excellent find for Armando.

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The Big Slow is using Daniel Jeremiah and ex Ravens and Browns Scout to support his unsufferableness.

http://www.movethesticks.com/

To me this draft is packed with 4-3 Lb's and some stud 3-4 DE/OLB types.

6. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Is this guy someone we know, ala what Dave Hyde and Boomer do, or is he a former scout? It's hard to give him respect if they're doing that.

7. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I wish this year we had the extra second round pick. This is the year to stockpile your front 7.