1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

our schedule sucks...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Sep 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I just got a copy of everyone's schedule and we are the only AFC East team that both starts our season and ends our season on the road.

We are also the only team in the AFC East that starts our season with two away games and both the NYJ and ENP play Minnesota at home (we play them away)

The meat of our schedule is in the first 5 games and most of them will happen before our first bye week.

I know we can hold our own against any team but this schedule looks unfairly hard. Last year we got the hardest schedule in the league and now this??

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Its tough on paper right now....but things have a way of working themselves out or atleast not measuring up to paper...injuries will play a roll, perhaps weather...its all relative to playing solid fundamental football...but 9-7 overall, and perhaps a 3-5 record in our first 8 sure seem to be staring us right in the kisser.

3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Wish i could argue but your right its not a easy one.
    Not a fan of game 6 either Green Bay in Green Bay (joy).

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I love us on the road for 2 weeks, were one of a few teams who dont get away for training camp, so I like that situation of our team spending that time away from home, and, were not a good home team, were a better road team.

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Over the past 4 years we have more home wins than away wins.

I really don't see how someone can say we are a better away team. Just as good? Maybe. But not better.

late again likes this.
  6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't see reason for negativity.
    Our first game may be on the road but its against the weakest rival in the division.
    Our home opener is against the Jets! I expect the team to be a bit extra fired up for the home opener. We may need that extra fire against them.
    After that we stay home AND get an extra day of preparation to play the Pats.
    Then a bye.
    I see our schedule as a perfect opportunity to get a leg up in the division right off the bat.
    Our first game after the bye we're still home. This gives us more extra prep time to get ready for the Packers game.
    Towards the end of the season we have a chance to build up momentum and get into the play offs. We play the Raiders, Browns, Jets, Bills, and Lions before closing out in NE.

RickyBobby and Da-PhinZ like this.
  7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    How you ask?, because I believe we have the worst home field advantage in the NFL.

k-bayfinfan likes this.
  8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    That doesn't make us a better road team. :lol:

That means we still have an advantage at home.

9. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    over the past 3 years ive noticed a better performance, and a different attitude, by this particular team, on the road...can I prove it, no....is there a disconnect between this franchise and its home field advantage, absolutely I believe there is.

10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    our schedule looks rough but it will not end up being so bad.

Bills? Well if we don't beat the bills then all our playoff hopes should instantly disappear. You gotta win the easy ones first.

secondly, the vikings have shown no reason to believe they are the same team without Harvin and Rice. Favre has always seemed ageless and maybe that continues...but maybe it doesn't.

Jets and Pats will be tough but we beat them both last year, we can do it again this year. Just have to play hard.

We'll see, it won't be an easy year but none of them are.

11. Da-PhinZ

Da-PhinZ New Member

May 9, 2010
    Menifee
    Excuses are like sphincters, everyone's got one and they all stink. Everyone needs to Stop doubting the fins before they even play one game. If I had a choice between the hardest and easiest schedule, I would pick the hardest because if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. No one wants to go into the playoffs and be questioned if they had earned it or not, (cough cough jets). If we have a good year I want it to be because we have a good team not because we had an easy schedule. :up:

12. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

If we are who we hope we are, then this is the schedule we need. Imagine having to play the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles twice a year.

13. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    This schedule looks tough on paper, and ever tougher on the field. Holly Hanna, when will we get a break? The way this schedule is arrange in the first few weeks if we foul something up we could be 2-3 and playing catch up in the division which is were we don't want to be.