1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

our Miami Dolphin Forum

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by the 23rd, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    The anonymity of the internet is a double edged sword, sometimes difficult to employ w/o injury. Unfortunately, the ugliness engendered by cowardly, hateful, unwarranted personal attacks & intolerance has become viral throughout the internet, as well as Dolfandom & our forum.

I, like many others, became a member of ThePhins because it functioned within the parameters of civility, while consistently maintaining high standards in posting, It was significantly different than anywhere I had posted to date. There w/ genuine respect & kindness consistently manifested by its membership. No one confused humor w/ ridicule. No one cloaked cruelty & personal attacks under the guise of 'entertainment'.

I am concerned that we are losing much of our original base & with it, the uniqueness of our forum. As cockroaches scurry about the night, uncelebrated & secretively infected a home, CyberBullies infect internet sites.

John was the exterminator that kept our house clean. Our FinFaninCali was the author of the BrotherHood & friend to everyone. He is irreplaceble.

2. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    As a lurker... rarely poster...

please not another one of these threads... we are drumming up more drama then actually exist. I come here to read about dolphins... That's the one thing we all have in common... lets stick to that... at least in this forum.

anlgp, Anonymous, HardKoreXXX and 7 others like this.
  3. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    respectfully:
    as a lurker
    what investment do you have in this site?
    as a member
    this is a valid & necessary subject to be brought before the forum
    maybe
    you could find your coveted information in another thread
    this is but one of many on the forum

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    dude hes been gone. we love john....but his posting has declined significantly the last 1/2 year. dunno why this is news to you? and why its in the miami dolphins forum? keep the same standards for yourself as your preaching to others my friend :wink2:

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  5. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Considering a thread like this would probably belong in another sub-forum, I don't think there's any reason to get uptight about his request.

It's pointless to bring this back up, really. All that's going to happen is more people will worry and possibly get upset over nothing.

mor911, plc001 and SICK like this.
  6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Friend Sick:

it is what it is

of coarse I know his posts have declined over the past six months
    coincidentally, so has the forum
    & the standards are not mine
    they were here when I joined

question: is this a personal attack?
    part of the solution or part of the problem?
    are two important questions to ask

Freind GridIronKing34:

'It's pointless to bring this back up, really.
    All that's going to happen is more people will worry and possibly get upset over nothing.'

maybe you're right, but what if you're wrong?

many members percieve something is amiss on the forum & are reacting accordingly.
    many of our fellow posters, perhaps silently, but certainly agree w/ me.
    the subject is germain to our integrity as a forum

it is what it is

7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    how about we talk about the dolphins in the dolphins forum?

this is the kind've stuff that "declines" this place no?

gunn34, Celtkin and plc001 like this.
  8. plc001

plc001 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Needlessly offensive...

All I am saying: there is another thread already addressing drama... I am simply requesting that you contain your "member" business to that thread. All you are doing is spreading your drama to those of us who don't know anything about it.

Neither is it any of my business.

finyank13, djphinfan, Celtkin and 2 others like this.
  9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not intended to offend, just to clarify & add perspective to the thread. you have my apology if it w/ percieved differently

plc001 likes this.
  10. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I appreciate your concern.

No one wants the forum to turn into a cesspool.

To the point, it's been about six months since John was a staff member or actively participated here. It was his choice. And we're fine with it. Whatever happened between people took place on another site even before that. It's all truly old news.

Truth be told, John has resigned many times over the years for numerous reasons. It is not anything new for us. :tongue: Seriously, he's a guy with a big heart and a lot on his plate.

If you feel that John was the only staff member who did anything on this forum, then by all means follow him wherever he goes. He is still a valued member of this site who played a huge role in its success. But as I've always said, none of us is bigger than the site. Not Celtkin, not me, no one. This is about brotherhood and the Miami Dolphins. Obviously if all of us were to get hit by a car at once, we'd have problems. :lol:

The point is that we don't simply give up when someone steps aside. Just like when one of our starters goes down with injury; someone else has to step up. And I'm thankful for the folks behind the scenes who've done just that. They know who they are, and they've done a great job. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.