Our current WRS

45 replies

SICKSICKForum VeteranOP
Mar 29, 2012, 08:48 PM

I know everyone is talking about hartline and bess. But what about gates, Moore and Wallace? Do those guys fit in this philbin offense? Anyone think they are looking to bloom in his offense?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?exj1no

PhinsRDbestPhinsRDbestForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 09:02 PM

IMO the whole group needs to be rebooted. Upgrades all around and this is the draft to do it in.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 09:13 PM

Who cares? The least important holes we have are at WR.

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 09:15 PM

Hartline and Bess are 2 good examples of players we drafted that performed.
If Gates gets the reps/experience this season,he has a chance to shine with the speed he possesses.
Now,Hartline especially needs to pick up his game. I would expect him to start,but opposite who? That's the question..
If there is no one one the other side that can get separation or any form of respect from the DB's,we will have trouble in the passing game.
Bess will be fine.
Moore and Wallace need to bloom as you say. One of the two won't be there when the season begins, IMO.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Mar 29, 2012, 09:20 PM

We still need another really good WR. IMO, Hartline, Bess and Gates can thrive in this system, but we need them to be behind someone who has the whole package: speed, size and route running. Even if we draft a stud TE, that would be enough.

testing

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 09:25 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Who cares? The least important holes we have are at WR.

Agreed but it's worth talking about

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jr4fo2

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
Mar 29, 2012, 09:55 PM

I'm guessing Gates might be one of the "hidden talents" Philbin referred to a while back. Hope so at least.

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 10:03 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Bess was undrafted, and yes he will be fine this season, I'm hoping for a big year from him this season.........

Bess should rebound after last season and he looks to be our #1 WR so far, even as a slot receiver! Maybe we have the next Victor Cruz in our team already but i wouldn't mind if we're upgrading our WR's in the draft as well!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2012, 10:39 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Who cares? The least important holes we have are at WR.

untrue....

A team can never have enough playmakers at the skill positions. So I guess I care.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 10:43 PM

"Ozzy wrote:

untrue....

A team can never have enough playmakers at the skill positions. So I guess I care.

Nothing you said counters what I said.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 10:47 PM

You can't discount Pruitt at this point either. From what I read his biggest knock was that he couldn't get off press coverage. As a gunner on ST he was pretty impressive splitting double coverage.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2012, 10:48 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

Nothing you said counters what I said.

Nothing you said made sense!

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 10:51 PM

"Ozzy wrote:

Nothing you said made sense!

"You can never have enough playmakers at the skill positions" is not the opposite of WR are the LEAST important of our holes.

Why that doesn't make sense is kind of ridiculous. Our hole at QB is more important than WR, for example.

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 29, 2012, 11:41 PM

"Finascious D wrote:

"You can never have enough playmakers at the skill positions" is not the opposite of WR are the LEAST important of our holes.

Why that doesn't make sense is kind of ridiculous. Our hole at QB is more important than WR, for example.

Ridiculous is assuming that the Qb is the only thing this team needs on offense! You clearly stated that Wr is the least of the holes on offense needed to be filled!!!!!!!

Wr is the second most glaring position on this team since the departure of Brandon Marshall. Assuming Hartline and Bess can be those playmakers needed is another ridiculous assumption.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 29, 2012, 11:47 PM

"Ozzy wrote:

Ridiculous is assuming that the Qb is the only thing this team needs on offense! You clearly stated that Wr is the least of the holes on offense needed to be filled!!!!!!!

Wr is the second most glaring position on this team since the departure of Brandon Marshall. Assuming Hartline and Bess can be those playmakers needed is another ridiculous assumption.

Actually, I very clearly did not specify offense. I said:

Who cares? The least important holes we have are at WR.

We have a number of holes on the team. Out of those holes, WR is the least important. Brandon Marshall's release proved that.

MAFishFanMAFishFanForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2012, 01:04 AM

more importantly, who's throwing to these wr's?

on Twitter @mpark14news

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2012, 01:08 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

Actually, I very clearly did not specify offense. I said:

We have a number of holes on the team. Out of those holes, WR is the least important. Brandon Marshall's release proved that.

Now your cracking me up! Brandon Marshall's release made the offense even worse than it was. So maybe the coaches think we should win less games next season so they can get you that all ellusive Qb.

Next thing you'll say is the release of Bell makes safety the other least important position to fill...

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2012, 01:10 AM

"MAFishFan wrote:

more importantly, who's throwing to these wr's?

I'm pretty sure 100 percent of the fanbase wants a serious upgrade at the Qb position but the Qb cannot throw and catch the ball.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2012, 01:26 AM

"Ozzy wrote:

Now your cracking me up! Brandon Marshall's release made the offense even worse than it was. So maybe the coaches think we should win less games next season so they can get you that all ellusive Qb.

Next thing you'll say is the release of Bell makes safety the other least important position to fill...

Brandon Marshall was released?

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2012, 01:41 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Brandon Marshall was released?

Whatever man!

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Mar 30, 2012, 06:09 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

Who cares? The least important holes we have are at WR.

I have no idea how you can state that the least important holes this team is at WR. Hartline would be a third or fourth receiver on most teams in the NFL and with the Dolphins right now, he is basically their #1 WR. Bess is a very good slot receiver but his numbers were down considerably last season from previous seasons. Gates couldn't get off the line last year and no matter how fast he might be, there is still a huge question concerning his ability to play WR in the NFL.

I not only think WR is a big need for the Dolphins, I think it is one of this teams biggest needs now that they have no true #1 receiver on the team. I could very easily see the Dolphins using at least two of their early drafts picks on the WR position.

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Mar 30, 2012, 08:02 AM

QB = more need than WR right now
FS = more need than WR right now
SS = more need than WR right now
olb/de = more need than WR right now
OG = more need than WR right now
OT = same need as WR right now

I'd agree with FinD...WR, given the O we will be running is the least important need right now.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2012, 08:15 AM

I agree with both Ozzy and Fin-D. Playmakers at WR are important, QB is currently a bigger need. Upgrading QB upgrades all the WRs.

That being said, I'm as hopeful as any of you that Clyde Gates can turn it on this year, but what about his 2 receptions and 19 yards receiving in his rookie season makes anyone think he can thrive in any system?

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 30, 2012, 08:27 AM

"Ozzy wrote:

Now your cracking me up! Brandon Marshall's release made the offense even worse than it was. So maybe the coaches think we should win less games next season so they can get you that all ellusive Qb.

Next thing you'll say is the release of Bell makes safety the other least important position to fill...

We were 6-10, while Marshall was on the team. He had all of 9 TD in 2 years. Can we just be honest about this guy for once, and admit he didn't produce while he was here and the production he had didn't really improve our overall play?

Acting like we'll suck without Marshall or some awesome WR, is simply not true. We went 11-5 without a special WR. What we had on offense when we went 11-5? A solid QB, a solid oline, 2 pass catching TEs...and crap at WR. Well, we need a QB, oline help, a second TE....all before we need a WR. Not too mention the defensive has holes to fill which are more important than a WR. We don't need an all world WR to be good. We will need one to become elite, but we need to become good first.

Not too mention, Philbin didn't want him in his offense. Crazy. The architect of one of the best offenses in the league deemed Marshall pointless and has even said there's no real #1 WR in his offense.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Mar 30, 2012, 08:52 AM

It'll be interesting to see if Hartline can play like Jordy Nelson. They have very similar stats for their first 3 years. Jordy then looked like an all star last year.