1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our 2009 Strength of Schedule

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 4, 2009.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    We all know that before the season, our schedule was determined to be the toughest in the league (using 2008 records).

According to the Footballoutsiders, we've played the 4th toughest schedule to date (using 2009 data). Moving forward, we have the 20th toughest schedule. New England has the 8th toughest schedule moving forward.

That is quite a swing in schedule strength. Of course the quality of a team is fluid, but this is excellent news. We all knew that the toughest part of our schedule is behind us, but here's the data to back that up.

Link: http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2009/week-8-dvoa-ratings

dolfan7171 and TheAnswer385 like this.
  2. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Good thread Gardenhead (Ha I made a rhyme)

Going intothe season, I personally thought there was way too much put on the strength of schedule. Until the season starts to unfold, nobody has any idea where their team will be.
    I will say the Patsies once again catch a break in that they were very mediocre when their schedule was the easiest.

I still think we sweep them and are neck and neck going into the last two weeks of the season.....of course most of the media is already talking about them walking away with the division.

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    My personal goal for this season was to play meaningful games is December and be in the hunt for the AFC East crown. I think we'll be doing just that. As for the media, I don't care if they love us or ignore us.

The Patsies still have to pay @Indy, @New Orleans, and @Miami. I see them losing all those games. The rest of their games are winnable, but not gimme's. The best I see them go is 10-6. The best I see us go is 10-6 as well. Could come down to the divisional record!