Osgood Says Chargers are Dumping Jamal Williams
7 replies
Osgood claims in a tweet that Williams, who was placed on injured reserve after only one game last season, is "officially gone." In a later message, Osgood insists it's true and points out that players share information with each other.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/04/osgood-says-chargers-are-dumping-jamal-williams/
and your right.....
Beat writer Kevin Acee reports the Chargers have released NT Jamal Williams.
Acee predicted the move a week ago, so it wasn't a surprise. Williams, turning 34 this offseason, was due a $1M roster bonus on top of a $5M salary in the final year of his contract. He'll be a health risk on the free agent market after missing most of the 2009 season with a torn triceps. With Darren Sproles now in his pocket, GM A.J. Smith can target a nose tackle in the first round.
Read the last line, can you say Dan Williams at 12???? trade partners?
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
He's a friggin monster. But he missed all of last season and has had knee problems. At age 34 and 350+ pounds, that's not the greatest thing.
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"Muck wrote:
He's a friggin monster. But he missed all of last season and has had knee problems. At age 34 and 350+ pounds, that's not the greatest thing.
if he can still play though Muck good one year fix.....?? I think so....
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
if he can still play though Muck good one year fix.....?? I think so....
Sure. But now the risk is elevated. Ideally you want to have a young guy you feel really good about behind him. But we still don't know if Paul Soliai is that guy. It's like we're still waiting.
Williams could end up somewhere quick. But he seems like a post-draft signing to me.
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"Muck wrote:
Sure. But now the risk is elevated. Ideally you want to have a young guy you feel really good about behind him. But we still don't know if Paul Soliai is that guy. It's like we're still waiting.
Williams could end up somewhere quick. But he seems like a post-draft signing to me.
Indeed my friend, I believe the jury is still out on Soli....and I really do no want Dan Williams at 12 (provided he is still there)...I love that last line of the roto-piece....man we are in perfect position for a trade for Williams....I think he goes anywhere from 8-13
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod



