Orton Waived

42 replies

NJFINSFAN1NJFINSFAN1Luxury BoxOP
Nov 22, 2011, 04:19 PM

The Denver Broncos waived quarterback Kyle Orton on Tuesday, an NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7270010/denver-broncos-waive-former-qb-starter-kyle-orton-source-says

I'm glad we didn't trade for him with Moore playing well. I doubt we go for him, but it would not surprise me to see the Chiefs or Texans.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 04:21 PM

It would be funny if he lands back with CHI too!

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 04:23 PM

Before someone even asks...

NO!!!!!!!!!!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

finyank13finyank13New Member
Nov 22, 2011, 04:24 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Before someone even asks...

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly why is this even here, fit him for a Bears helmet now...

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

JajJajNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 04:26 PM

Would be a nice fit for the Bears, but for a team with J.P. Losman as its backup heck ya I'd have some interest.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

JajJajNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 04:27 PM

Any other players likely to be waived, perhaps on the OL?

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 04:29 PM

Well no draft picks needed now. All we have to do is pay his salary.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 04:42 PM

Funny how things work out sometimes. What would we have given up to get him, in both draft picks and money? And, in all likelihood we never would've known what we had in Moore.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Nov 22, 2011, 04:52 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Alot of faith in Tebow...

Nah, they're in tank mode IMO.

There may have been an incident as well. Who knows.

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 04:55 PM

"The G Man wrote:

Funny how things work out sometimes. What would we have given up to get him, in both draft picks and money? And, in all likelihood we never would've known what we had in Moore.

Perhaps Orton would have put up the exact some numbers over a 3 game stretch.

We didn't unearth a superstar here. Orton, Moore and Henne are all basically the same player. Back-up QBs who are talented enough to have really good stretches here and there

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 04:55 PM

He should retire and let the HoF ballot people get to work.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 04:57 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Perhaps Orton would have put up the exact some numbers over a 3 game stretch.

We didn't unearth a superstar here. Orton, Moore and Henne are all basically the same player. Back-up QBs who are talented enough to have really good stretches here and there

Maybe not. Too early to say IMHO re; Moore. BUT...I go back to my first question? What would we have given up (in a trade) for get a guy that was eventually cut?

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 04:59 PM

What?
No we want Orton chants from the fanbase? :lol:

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:00 PM

"The G Man wrote:

Maybe not. Too early to say IMHO re; Moore. BUT...I go back to my first question? What would we have given up (in a trade) for get a guy that was eventually cut?

I never advocated for Orton. Thought it was a waste of picks and money, but he has had a much better career than Moore.

We'll disagree on Moore, but it's not too early for me to say he is a nice backup/spot starter. If you are counting on him to be much more than that realize you are getting Orton/Fitzpatrick, not Brady

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 05:01 PM

Maybe not. Too early to say IMHO re; Moore. BUT...I go back to my first question? What would we have given up (in a trade) for get a guy that was eventually cut?
Too much whatever it would have been,glad we didn't set back next years draft for him.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Nov 22, 2011, 05:12 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

I never advocated for Orton. Thought it was a waste of picks and money, but he has had a much better career than Moore.

We'll disagree on Moore, but it's not too early for me to say he is a nice backup/spot starter. If you are counting on him to be much more than that realize you are getting Orton/Fitzpatrick, not Brady

Schmo,

I'm not proclaiming Moore as our new franchise QB, and I'm not saying you advocated for Orton either. I'm just saying I'm glad we didn't trade for Orton. That said, I think we need to give Moore a chance, which he'll most definitely get as long as we don't do something as stupid as, oh, I dunno...claim Orton and anoint him the starter. Which is exactly what I would expect from this GM. Hope I'm wrong.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:17 PM

"The G Man wrote:

Schmo,

I'm not proclaiming Moore as our new franchise QB, and I'm not saying you advocated for Orton either. I'm just saying I'm glad we didn't trade for Orton. That said, I think we need to give Moore a chance, which he'll most definitely get as long as we don't do something as stupid as, oh, I dunno...claim Orton and anoint him the starter. Which is exactly what I would expect from this GM. Hope I'm wrong.

On that, we agree.

emocomputerjockemocomputerjockNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 05:27 PM

"Killerphins wrote:

What?
No we want Orton chants from the fanbase? :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't get claimed. I'd certainly take him if he cleared waivers. I get the sense he's going to the Redskins however.


Many thanks to the awesome staff and members of the site, all of whom contribute tirelessly to an incredible Dolphins fansite.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:28 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Alot of faith in Tebow...

"oh and waived is spelled like this..WAIVED":hi5:
"yeah i know spelling police"....lol

Edit- you fixed it, NJFINSFAN1 what no fist pumps for spelling correction....lol

No, because everyone knows thats been Stitches role for as long as hes been here and on the other board. :lol:

Joking of course...kinda. Well not really. Stitches knows it anyway :)

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:29 PM

"Muck wrote:

Nah, they're in tank mode IMO.

There may have been an incident as well. Who knows.

They are def. in tank mode, and the good folk of Denver are turning on their beloved QB....

These are are actual messages from Broncos fans to Elway:

1. @johnelway you need acting lessons, that you can do a better job at pretending to be happy your team won.

2. @johnelway i hope pat fires you and you can go back to arena football were you belong you piece of trash.

3. How does it feel @johnelway from being our hero to be almost as hated as Philip Rivers?

4. Hey @johnelway you lost 3 superbowls and your team won 2 for you when u were washed up so shut your f#$% mouth

5. mr elway pls don’t make the biggest mistake of your young front office career by letting Tim go.

6. @johnelway is pretty much an a$$…

7. JOHN ELWAY IS A MILE HIGH JACK ASS !! Tebow is awesome

8. F#$% @johnelway dude went scounting the baylor/OU game for a QB????

9. @johnelway I understand your position but your lack of support for my QB is really getting annoying.

Take a look at No. 1. <---------------- WOW.

Link to the article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/elways-comments-enrage-tebowmaniacs/

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:31 PM

"Jaj wrote:

Would be a nice fit for the Bears, but for a team with J.P. Losman as its backup heck ya I'd have some interest.

Actually, I don't think that Martz offense is good for Orton...he simply doesn't have the arm strength or will to stick in the pocket and get the snot knocked out of him play after play....

Now, I would think that he'd help Indy out, although that O is certainly more complicated for him to learn, but if they don't it's a sure sign that they are bound and determined to win the SFL campaign...

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:31 PM

As for Orton: Chicago, Houston and KC should all be looking at him. San Francisco may not be a bad landing spot either given that they are winning despite the fact that Alex Smith can implode at any moment. Matt Moore is just as good or bad to be honest for our purposes.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:33 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

They are def. in tank mode, and the good folk of Denver are turning on their beloved QB....

Take a look at No. 1. <---------------- WOW.

Link to the article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/elways-comments-enrage-tebowmaniacs/

Unfortunately for them Elway is right. Tebow does suck and their team is winning in spite of him. Good for the fact that they beat the Jets thought and tried to help us Suck for Luck when that seemed possible

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Nov 22, 2011, 05:35 PM

"emocomputerjock wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't get claimed. I'd certainly take him if he cleared waivers. I get the sense he's going to the Redskins however.

For what ?? To ride the pine here behind Moore, who happens to be on a once-in-a-career run ?? No need, I'd rather re-enter the SFL campaign than sign Orton and hope for something less than mediocrity....

KingofMiamiKingofMiamiNew Member
Nov 22, 2011, 05:40 PM

1. @johnelway you need acting lessons, that you can do a better job at pretending to be happy your team won.
2. @johnelway i hope pat fires you and you can go back to arena football were you belong you piece of trash.
3. How does it feel @johnelway from being our hero to be almost as hated as Philip Rivers?
4. Hey @johnelway you lost 3 superbowls and your team won 2 for you when u were washed up so shut your f#$% mouth
5. mr elway pls don’t make the biggest mistake of your young front office career by letting Tim go.
6. @johnelway is pretty much an a$$…
7. JOHN ELWAY IS A MILE HIGH JACK ASS !! Tebow is awesome
8. F#$% @johnelway dude went scounting the baylor/OU game for a QB????
9. @johnelway I understand your position but your lack of support for my QB is really getting annoying.

wow, bronco fans are funny.