1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions: The Incredible HULK

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by HULKFish, May 9, 2008.

What is your opion of The Incredible HULK?

1. I'll DEFINITELY GO SEE IT, AWESOME TRAILER!

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. I'll go see it, I'm a HULK fan!

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. I'm in there, effects are impressive!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. I'm on the fence, see what others say first

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  5. I'll be waiting for the DVD to come out

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. No thanks

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I know my bud Ill posted the original thread with a good run down but I wanted some opinions from all my people here with a Poll.

What is the general consensus of the Incredible HULK? Considering that this is a redux, not a sequel with MARVEL trying to correct everything they did wrong in the first one.

If you haven't seen the official trailer go here:

http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/

If you'd like the full rundown on the premis of the movie Wikepedia has an awesome page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredible_Hulk_%28film%29

Along with the Poll let me know your opinions...

2. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I definitely think it looks much better than the first one that was made. It definitely looks like it has potential to be a very good film. I just don't like trailers, many make a movie look better than it actually is. So I will hold my judgment until its out.

HULKFish likes this.
  3. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I'll go see it, I'm a Hulk fan...but my expectations are very low for this movie.

HULKFish likes this.
  4. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    i'll watch any comic book movie. i never read a comic book but i always loved the art and watched the cartoons. Always wished they'd made them Live -action movies.

So i voted for "definately"

Last edited: May 9, 2008
    HULKFish likes this.
  5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    It's on like Donkey Kong. The 'original' was innovative and had brief flashes of coolness, but overall it was a mammoth letdown. (Opie totally dug the scene where he shook the soldiers out of the tank--classic hulk move) This one looks utterly....Incredible...Abomination = sweet. They should have got Peyton Manning to play 'The Leader' however.

HULKFish likes this.
  6. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah, I can see what you guys are saying, especially opfinistic!

This movie SHOULD be everything the first one wasn't... Action packed/cool/fun popcorn movie! I think the effects are better too although some feel Rhythm and Hues aren't as good as ILM.

7. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    It looks a lot better than the first! plus Edward Norton is in it so thats a plus, i am going to see it when it comes out! It would be cool to see a Lou Ferrigno cameo

8. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I'll probably end up seeing it but it's not really on my radar. Not as much as Dark Knight, Indy 4, Clone Wars, Han****, and Iron Man are.

9. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I might see it in the theater if it gets good reviews. If not, I'll wait for DVD.

10. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    I'm a Marvel fan and Hulk is in my top 5. I didn't hate the first movie because I thought it was a decent story, but that's not the Hulk people want to see on the screen, so I understand people's gripes about it. I knew that is how the movie would turn out when Ang Lee was given the green light to direct. He doesn't make popcorn flicks.

This movie looks like it will be more of what ppl expect from a Hulk movie, but I must say that I am utterly disappointed in Abomination's look. I guess they wanted to give a contracting color to Hulk so people can differentiate them on screen, but I so hate that look.

I thought Eric Bana did a good job, but Edward Norton is such the easy pick to play Bruce that I love it. Roth is indeed a powerhouse and will do wonders as Emil. I'm sorry but Jennifer Connelly > Liv Tyler any day of the week or minute of the hour. I think that is a huge step down in the Betty Ross character, but Liv should at least do a decent job.

Regan21286 likes this.
  11. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I'll buy the DVD

12. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    LOL, yeah, I'll buy the DVD too, but on the poll that's not what I meant. I meant that waiting for the DVD to come out to watch it because it doesn't look worth the time or money for the theatre...

I think it's gonna be just as impressive as Iron Man if not more.

13. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I highly doubt it is anywhere near as good as Iron Man. I'd love to eat crow on that because I was a fan of the comics as a kid, I just dont see it. I think having to rely so much on a CGI character alone makes it harder to pull off.

14. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I agree there I think it will be ok, but it will be no iron man.

15. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    You ever heard of a little movie called "Jurassic Park"??? I know it wasn't totally CGI but a good portion of it was, FULL scenes etc. It's the same company that does the Narnia movies which I think does a good variety of characters all CG that look brilliant!

Iron Man was a origin movie, and awesome, but The Incredible HULK isn't and just the final battle itself is going to be 10-15 minutes alone! MUCH more action... You'll see HULK within the first 5 minutes of the movie too! No dramatic buildup for this one!

16. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Has anyone seen the new TV spots??? Awesomeness!!

Anyone see them and if so did it strengthen your opinion of this movie? I personally was thinking they were brilliant, especially with Abomination talking!!! Obviously I'd say that HULK will speak too! HULK SMASH!!

17. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Is it true Norton is still upset and won't promote this flick because it is 10 minutes shorter then he thought??

BTW: this would have more responses if the lounge and movies was together like the old site IMO (this is my monthly reminder on my wish list)

18. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
  19. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    It's going to kick ***.

20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    The first one blew so I have my doubts.

21. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    That's why this one will rock. It totally disregards the first one (unless I'm mistaken) and does it the way it should have been done in the first place.

22. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk, which was a critical and box-office disappointment.

"When [star] Edward [Norton] came on board, we were sort of early on considering a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy [about it]," Feige, who is also president of Marvel Studios, said in a group interview in Incredible Hulk's editing bay at Universal Studios last week.

Feige added: "People who want to think it's a sequel can think it's a sequel. People coming in off the street who've never seen the first one can enjoy it as well. And, actually, it was Edward: ... One of the things he did in his polish, his rewrite, was to firmly establish a unique origin--which actually dovetailed perfectly with what we were trying to do at Marvel--which was [to] create individual franchises that can live and breathe on their own, but--as you already see in the first three minutes--can interconnect with each other for people who want to see a bigger picture." (Spoilers ahead!)

Universal screened the film's opening credit sequence, a montage of footage that sets up the origins of the Hulk and Dr. Bruce Banner's (Norton) transformation into the big green monster. The montage sequence is designed to catch viewers up with the Hulk backstory without completely ignoring Lee's film.

"We decided, 'OK, let's take everything--all the storytelling, backstory-telling--and compress it and make it the coolest credit sequence to explain everything, just to make it very graphic," Leterrier said. "Which is literally an homage to the [1980s Incredible Hulk] TV show, which I love. I actually love the TV show."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=54891

opfinistic likes this.
  23. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    COME ON my Miami peep's! Let us rise to the MIGHT of the Incredible HULK!!! What say you? Are the people on the fence changing their minds yet with all the new badass commercials???

The Incredible HULK
    OFFICIAL site... Don't forget to go to HULK Connect and visit my HULK page while you are there!

24. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Looks cheesey. I will say it looks better than the other Hulk.

Not a huge fan of CGI movies.

25. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    never really like the hulk, but the first one either way was pretty bad. I think edward norton will save this film, so I voted the first option.

26. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I like Norton but I don't think its enough for me. I will say it looks better than Iron Man.

27. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Thanks, I appreciate the opinions. I'm a member of a couple of the HULK boards so its nice to read some unbiased takes on the movie. I just hope the studio's have done enough to erase the memory of the first film from everyones memory. I did enjoy HULK 03' but they did too many things wrong. This is going to be MUCH different; Monster movie/comic and tv series inspired/action-packed!