1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion- New Head Coach= Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jonanthans, Dec 20, 2007.

1. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana
    No need for the debate, he is the guy Bill is going to bring in. Cam will be out, Capers may stay now. But JG will be Parcells guy.

2. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Active Member

Nov 24, 2007
    based on his one season of OC experience...no thanks, not yet. keep cam unless someone proven(marty, cowher) comes along

3. Milkmoney21

Milkmoney21 New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    o please not a unexperienced head coach i want marty thats only if parcells fires cam.

4. PhinFantic

PhinFantic New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    I agree that JG isn't ready to be a head coach yet and not for at least 2 or more years. We probably might get him as OC, but that is a real longshot too. All this has been posted in other threads...

5. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    great so we can have ANOTHER HC with no HC'ing experience!

6. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana
    Doesn't matter that he doesn't have any Head Coaching experience, who do you think will really be calling the shots? Parcells will be in Garretts ear from the go..

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's way too early to fantasize in public.

Early indications are that Parcells is inclined to retain Cameron.

8. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Wayne basically guaranteed Cam at least one more year, so Garrett may come in, but I will put money down that it is not this upcoming year.

9. Zach13

Zach13 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Miami
    He probably keeps Cam for next year. Although if I were him I would be looking to upgrade the HC just the same as I would every other psotion on the team.

10. EightyTwenty

EightyTwenty Don't laugh at the mule

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    How do you know? Did Bill tell you this when you talked to him last night? :confused1:

11. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana

look at Parcells track record, everywhere he has went he has brought in his guys. If he is not going to be roaming the sidelines himself, he is at least going to want someone in his mold to be down there. Sean Payton isn't available, so Jason Garrett is next in line. Parcells like the comfort zone of staff he is familiar with.

12. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Why is Jason Bills guy? They have never been on the same team.

13. EightyTwenty

EightyTwenty Don't laugh at the mule

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    I hear what you're saying, but I don't think Garrett is one of Bill's guys. He was with us last year, and before that he was a backup QB at Tampa I think, and before that he was up in NY on the Giants as a backup, and before that he was on Dallas before Parcells got there. I may have the details slightly off, but I don't think Garrett was ever a Parcells guy.

14. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana
    Garrett was the only guy Parcells had positive things to say about, yes he was signed after Parcells left, but Parcells said on ESPn that Garrett had the same makeup qualities as Sean Payton, and he could see him as a head coach in the near future. For one reason or another, Parcells likes him. Kinda the strange preference for having Vinny around....

15. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Tony Sparano is another option for coach

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    i think the most likliest coach bill brings in here is mike carthon if bill gets rid of cam.. i dont see garret coming in here and i dont think sean leaves NO. just my opnion.

17. jonanthans

jonanthans New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Louisiana
    no, Sean definetly doesnt leave New Orleans. This is just my opinion about the situation. Bill Parcells is a hands-on guy, he wants things done his way or no way at all. The reason he left New England was mainly because he and Kraft didn't see eye to eye on personell for the team. Remember the Terry Glenn draft episode, Parcells wanted to go Defense witht he first round pick, and Kraft forced Glenn on him instead. In Dallas, he didn't want TO, but Jerry did, and that did not set too well with Parcells. Even though Bill isnt going to be the Head Coach, per say, he is still going to have a huge say in what offensive and defensive schemes are run. This is why I believe he wants to bring in his own guy, ideally a young protoge' that he can control. A veteran coach is not as easy to control, Bill is going to have his hand on everything. He has commented openly about Jason Garrett and how he thinks he is a promising coaching candidate. It fits right in with what Bill wants to do.

18. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think he should bring him in as a OC not a HC

19. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    i have also heard parcells mention garrett in a positive light on multiple occasions since he resigned from the cowboys last year, it would make sense if he is going to blow up team to bring in a new coach

20. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bill has said the Garrett is one of the smartest coaches he has been around. If Bill makes a change this could happen.

21. mmikel30

mmikel30 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    in a house
    yeah but i can't remember when they ever coached together to get that opinion of Garrett.

22. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bill still has a lot of connections in the game, and may have visited Cowboys camp.

23. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    He wasn't even at dallas with Parcells so why would parcells pick him to be HC? Aside from that you folks need to stop falling for the OC's that have loads of talent and get put on a pedestal like they are the reason the team is winning. In addition you know Garrett has been catching heat for not running the ball enough (once in the second half the other night despite Roma sucking) so he might not be quite what people think he is, either.