One more FA?

22 replies

Vinny FinsVinny FinsForum VeteranOP
May 14, 2020, 08:28 PM

Clowney wants 16m. warford wants 7m. Why are we kicking tires on Logan Ryan at 9m? CB isnt a need.
Id go for Warford and create an elite OL. Maybe you could spend a few sheckles on Everson Griffin too and upgrade DL too.

fooball.
futbol.
hockey.

Phin McCoolPhin McCoolForum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 04:48 AM

Yeah, I'm a bit 'meh' about Ryan too. I think it's the Flores connection that's keeping this one simmering. I wouldn't touch Clowney, certainly not at that price but Warford would be a decent shout and could be a mentor to our draftees but isn't there some questions about his quickness?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 06:11 AM

"Phin McCool wrote:

Yeah, I'm a bit 'meh' about Ryan too. I think it's the Flores connection that's keeping this one simmering. I wouldn't touch Clowney, certainly not at that price but Warford would be a decent shout and could be a mentor to our draftees but isn't there some questions about his quickness?

Yeah Clowney wants too much for his skill set. Hes great at what he does, but what he does can be somewhat replicated for a lot less money.

I'd maybe consider him on a one or two year deal because of our cap situation, but I wouldnt even think of longer than that.

TItirty8Forum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 11:52 AM

Logan Ryan is the only player on this list that doesn't fit unless we know that a suspension is coming down for Xavien Howard.

Warford makes a ton of sense. I would give him a legitimate contract offer like it was the first day of free agency.

I love Clowney too. If he was a willing to do a one year prove it deal in Miami, I would gladly take him. I do think that we have moved on from him, but I also felt like we are pretty much done at DB too.

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 12:35 PM

I'd offer Clowney 18 mil.. final offer.

For some reason this particular staff and FO are obsessed with CBs

I always want to have a tank defense when my offense is gonna be mediocre. If we're lucky we'll have a run game.

Wait... If Clowney is still holding out for 16m, why didn't he come back to our 17m offer? Or why don't we offer it again? Or does he really just not want to play in Miami for some reason..

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 02:39 PM

They don't need Clowney for one year. He's not the final piece to get the to the playoffs. Playoffs aren't an option this year.

WIWilkimaniaForum Veteran
May 15, 2020, 04:26 PM

Logan Ryan feels like such an odd interest that I wonder if Flo has some sort of mad defence planned that requires specific traits.

thetylernatorthetylernatorForum Veteran
May 16, 2020, 08:10 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

Playoffs aren't an option this year.

Not an option? What?

This team closed out the season 5-4 while starting a dozen guys who likely won't see another start anywhere in their careers. The FO addressed every sore spot on this roster and built upon some of the few strengths from 2019. We're in the worst, most unpredictable division in football. We're in a second-rate clusterf*ck of a conference that is bleeding behind the Chiefs and Ravens. We're under a CBA that allows 7 teams per conference into the dance.

I don't expect us to have a San Francisco-esque turnaround, nor am I advocating for Clowney. However, we have as good of a chance as every other mediocre team in this conference to make it.

Not an option.

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
May 16, 2020, 08:55 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

They don't need Clowney for one year. He's not the final piece to get the to the playoffs. Playoffs aren't an option this year.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. I personally expect 6 wins, but our schedule is fairly cake aside from travel time really.

We also play in a division where the Bills are who I consider the favorite and we could potentially get equal or better QB play than they do.

The one thing that will hurt is roster turnover, but I also dont expect a lot of complex defenses early this year which could actually help to balance that out.

FTR I'm not saying we make the playoffs. Like I said, I think 6 wins is my benchmark. That said, I wouldnt be horribly shocked if we managed to pull a few extra out.

The WC could be a 9-7 team any given year, so I wouldnt be shocked beyond belief if we managed to at least be in the race later into the year. Especially if we can go 3-3 in the division like I think we will.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
May 16, 2020, 12:53 PM

Remember that the playoffs were expanded this year to include an extra team in each conference. If the same plan had been in place in 2019, the Steelers would have made the playoffs at 8-8.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
May 16, 2020, 03:51 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

I wouldnt be so sure about that. I personally expect 6 wins, but our schedule is fairly cake aside from travel time really.

We also play in a division where the Bills are who I consider the favorite and we could potentially get equal or better QB play than they do.

The one thing that will hurt is roster turnover, but I also dont expect a lot of complex defenses early this year which could actually help to balance that out.

FTR I'm not saying we make the playoffs. Like I said, I think 6 wins is my benchmark. That said, I wouldnt be horribly shocked if we managed to pull a few extra out.

The WC could be a 9-7 team any given year, so I wouldnt be shocked beyond belief if we managed to at least be in the race later into the year. Especially if we can go 3-3 in the division like I think we will.

No disrespect to the Bills, Jets, and Patriots, but personally, I think it's time we establish our dominance within the division. It's time to show them other dudes who's boss. The rest will take care of itself.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

ETEtrius24Forum Veteran
May 16, 2020, 05:28 PM

"Vinny Fins wrote:

Clowney wants 16m. warford wants 7m. Why are we kicking tires on Logan Ryan at 9m? CB isnt a need.
Id go for Warford and create an elite OL. Maybe you could spend a few sheckles on Everson Griffin too and upgrade DL too.

No brainer on Warford. This gives our O line a chance to turn into something special. There will be some growing pains... But this locks in three positions in the middle with proven productive players... Flowers and Warford would be great for the running game as well.

ripper1961ripper1961Forum Veteran
May 18, 2020, 03:30 PM

Something's up with Warford. I think he's a tad slow.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
May 18, 2020, 04:20 PM

Well, Eric Reid is stiil around. I wouldn't mind signing him.

IrishmanIrishmanForum Veteran
May 18, 2020, 06:44 PM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

No disrespect to the Bills, Jets, and Patriots, but personally, I think it's time we establish our dominance within the division. It's time to show them other dudes who's boss. The rest will take care of itself.

Great idea.

What's your plan to get us there?

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 06:38 AM

"Irishman wrote:

Great idea.

What's your plan to get us there?

LOL! No plan. I will let Flores handle the details. I am talking about a state of mind and the alpha dog mentality I want our guys to have on the field. Those other dudes can try all they want, but they ain't doing nothing when we impose our will. Grrrrrr!

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 07:27 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

No disrespect to the Bills, Jets, and Patriots, but personally, I think it's time we establish our dominance within the division. It's time to show them other dudes who's boss. The rest will take care of itself.

We could realistically finish second in the division this year. I expect NE to be pretty terrible unless they secretly have the second coming of Brady on the roster.

Their defense will suffer from the offense taking a giant step back. It's going to be beautiful to watch for the rest of us at times.

The Jets are going nowhere.

The Bills are the team to beat. Their roster is better than ours currently. Especially without our new pieces having time to acclimate.

I'm interested to see if Allen continues to improve and becomes a legitimate QB, or remains an inconsistent player who can win you a few games when things click.

Surfs Up 99Surfs Up 99Forum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 07:53 AM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

We could realistically finish second in the division this year. I expect NE to be pretty terrible unless they secretly have the second coming of Brady on the roster.

Their defense will suffer from the offense taking a giant step back. It's going to be beautiful to watch for the rest of us at times.

The Jets are going nowhere.

The Bills are the team to beat. Their roster is better than ours currently. Especially without our new pieces having time to acclimate.

I'm interested to see if Allen continues to improve and becomes a legitimate QB, or remains an inconsistent player who can win you a few games when things click.

Yesterday, I watched last years Dolphins vs. the Colts. Hoyer was the Colts QB. Needless to say, there is a reason why he isn't on the Colts team this year. That said, I found it interesting that, to me, it looked like McCain played a lot of single-high safety and the plan was to make Hoyer beat us with his arm. We won. Now don't get me wrong. Allen has a cannon for an arm. One mistake on our part and it's a big gain or TD for them. What I do wonder though, is how can we contain Allen because his running seemed to do more damage to us than his arm. He might be one reason why we added pieces this year that might help us be a better team against the run. Maybe we will be looking at some single-high, too, and get more guys in the box. One thing for sure, the Bills have gotten better, and I think the Jets have, too. We will have our work cut out for us.

Leadership isn't getting people to line up behind you; it is getting them to join you.

Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.

The little things matter. Winning starts by not beating ourselves.

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Team Tua.

Miami Dolphins Homer!

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 07:56 AM

"Surfs Up 99 wrote:

Yesterday, I watched last years Dolphins vs. the Colts. Hoyer was the Colts QB. Needless to say, there is a reason why he isn't on the Colts team this year. That said, I found it interesting that, to me, it looked like McCain played a lot of single-high safety and the plan was to make Hoyer beat us with his arm. We won. Now don't get me wrong. Allen has a cannon for an arm. One mistake on our part and it's a big gain or TD for them. What I do wonder though, is how can we contain Allen because his running seemed to do more damage to us than his arm. He might be one reason why we added pieces this year that might help us be a better team against the run. Maybe we will be looking at some single-high, too, and get more guys in the box. One thing for sure, the Bills have gotten better, and I think the Jets have, too. We will have our work cut out for us.

I think the issue is that last season we lacked a lot of athleticism on defense and didnt contain him in the pocket well on top of that.

When that happens you have a QB who is more athletic than the guys trying to chase him down breaking the pocket.

Until Allen gets consistently accurate though he wont be a giant hurdle for us. If he does, he could be a top QB in the league.

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 09:00 PM

"Irishman wrote:

Great idea.

What's your plan to get us there?

Score more points than they give up is the plan.

IrishmanIrishmanForum Veteran
May 19, 2020, 10:19 PM

"firedan wrote:

Score more points than they give up is the plan.

Is that possible?

If they don't give up the points, where will we get them from?

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
May 20, 2020, 11:08 AM

"Irishman wrote:

Is that possible?

If they don't give up the points, where will we get them from?

We will just have to take them by force then.

WIWilkimaniaForum Veteran
May 23, 2020, 06:50 PM

"AGuyNamedAlex wrote:

We will just have to take them by force then.

This explains Fitzmagic's beard evolution.