1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the Clock: Is Ryan worth the top prize?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    Boy I hope Ryan is not our top prize this year. IMO QB is not one of our highest priorities. There are just to many other holes to fill then spend the #1 pick on a pick that is not close to a can't miss.

PhinsRock and Larryfinfan like this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Of any of the top 5 guys, I wouldn't have a problem with them taking any except Ryan. As you said, it's just not a high need area (compared to virtually every other position, we don't know yet what we have with Beck (who we spent a high 2nd round pick on last year) and the bust factor could hurt this team for years, compared to the bust factor of a DE, OLB, DT or OT...

Ducken likes this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I have a hard time respecting his little top ten Qb list that he had. I mean, what did he base it off of? College? Rookie year? It's apparent to me that it wasn't off the college stats, or you'd have to have Beck ahead of Stanton or Kolb, I'd think(although, he does throw Brohm into his list). Now, if it's based off of the rookie year, I think that's highly unfair to Beck. Whatever, though, there's gonna be tons of these kinds of articles until after the draft.

5. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    yeh, maybe Ryan Clady

6. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I don't think Ryan is the best player on the board this year. I also don't think he will be our #1 pick. :no: IMO we will draft a QB later in the draft.

7. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    I really hoe Matt Ryan is not our first overall pick we need to give John Beck a chance

alen1 likes this.
  8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Where'd he get the top 10 list? His grandma? His dog? He doesn't say, which makes his list very suspect IMHO. How do Stanton and Kolb get put ahead of Beck?

9. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

I was wondering that same thing. Stanton, for crying out loud, missed the entire year with an injury!

As for Ryan, no, he is not worth the top pick. No, nyet, nein, non, iie, nee, nono, natha, neh, na, nou, mai, nichua. N-O.

10. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008
    Ryan's worth the "next" pick.... that is if you're drafting in the mid-high teens!!! :dunno:[​IMG]

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    If we pick Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden, I will go insane if I am not already. We have a QB , we have a RB. Why take them again?

12. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

After drafting Beck last season I hope we don't use the #1 pick on a QB.

why not wait and see what Beck can do???