Omar Kelly: Chad Henne likes offense's aggressive approach
29 replies
ChadHenne wrote:
"A lot of this is progression stuff. It's one, two, three and hit the first open guy. It's good because it's all in my hands," said Henne, who has a 93.4 quarterback rating during the preseason. "I call all the audibles out there. I'm in charge the whole time. I can see the defense a lot better."
Found this fairly interesting
Read article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-notes-0829-20110828,0,6141813.story
"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"
Dan Henning: "Aggressive approach? You mean running a slick WC play while Henne is on fire ISN'T aggressive?!?"
"PSG wrote:
I'm really starting to like the new and improved Chad Henne.
Me too so far - long may it continue
"Where there is no vision, there is no hope"
I'm happy about how he is playing but Dabol deserves some credit.
One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.
"Oghma wrote:
Found this fairly interesting
Read article here: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miami-dolphins-notes-0829-20110828,0,6141813.story
I have said this many times, that the problem with Miami's offense, well main problem, was the play calling and playing scared( in simple terms). I think now we will see progress, by giving Henne the ability to be a leader. I don't expect Henne to set the world on fire, but he will grow more mentally and has more control of his future.
"GRT8 wrote:
I have said this many times, that the problem with Miami's offense, well main problem, was the play calling and playing scared( in simple terms). I think now we will see progress, by giving Henne the ability to be a leader. I don't expect Henne to set the world on fire, but he will grow more mentally and has more control of his future.
I guess the next question is, since we flirted with Orton and he is a guy you like, is he showing signs of possibly reaching 'that' level?
Make the throwback uniforms permanent!
"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:
Dan Henning: "Aggressive approach? You mean running a slick WC play while Henne is on fire ISN'T aggressive?!?"
"BRIAN DABOLL IS A WITCH!" - Dan Henning

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Muck wrote:
I guess the next question is, since we flirted with Orton and he is a guy you like, is he showing signs of possibly reaching 'that' level?
I like Orton too but he is only a good NFL Qb imo! So I would say that in the last two preseason games Henne has shown to be much improved and his potential could be at that level. Very much so, and I've been quite harsh on Henne at times...
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
I'm going to hold my tongue before saying "I told you so" to some of the fans here. My bigger worry, will we get the same pass protection we saw early last year or not?
testing
Well, what I liked is Henne is thinking ahead to the Pats game and speaking about the need to raise the tempo in order to keep the pats D on it's heels, however, no matter how much he raises the tempo if the D is getting instant pressure it won't matter.
Still want to see more effective screen passes.
Do we have an official word on J Longyet? No chance against the patsies w/o him
testing
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
Do we have an official word on J Longyet? No chance against the patsies w/o him
He practiced this week so I expect he will be ready to roll.
It still amazes me Henne couldn't audible last year. It's laughable, really.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
It still amazes me Henne couldn't audible last year. It's laughable, really.
Please elaborate. Was he under orders not to?
fooball.
futbol.
hockey.
"Vinny Fins wrote:
Please elaborate. Was he under orders not to?
He usually had two options. One being run, one being pass. He could check over to one but could not change plays.
http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif
Muck,
So far so good. Its early, but I like what I see & I like the offensive style very much. The offensive scheme gives him more options! One point that I have seen, that I haven't heard anyone mention, is that Henne looks more athletic this year. Henne's footwork in the pocket has improved & release point is more consistent.
"GRT8 wrote:
Muck,
So far so good. Its early, but I like what I see & I like the offensive style very much. The offensive scheme gives him more options! One point that I have seen, that I haven't heard anyone mention, is that Henne looks more athletic this year. Henne's footwork in the pocket has improved & release point is more consistent.
Mentioned it a bit ago in Club, Henne looks like he lost 10-15 pds.
Compared to last season when he barely managed to avoid being caught in the EZ vs the vikings, Henne looks like Jim Harbaugh this yr.
Is Daboll that good at being a Qb Coach?
"padre31 wrote:
Mentioned it a bit ago in Club, Henne looks like he lost 10-15 pds.
Compared to last season when he barely managed to avoid being caught in the EZ vs the vikings, Henne looks like Jim Harbaugh this yr.
Is Daboll that good at being a Qb Coach?
This is why I wanted to see Henne one more time under someone other than Henning....Henning is an absolute baffon, who almost killed this kids career...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
I like Chad Henne's aggressive approach!
having said that
he better develop a serious set of wheels & the quickest release in the NFL playing behind this offensive line
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
"padre31 wrote:
Mentioned it a bit ago in Club, Henne looks like he lost 10-15 pds.
Compared to last season when he barely managed to avoid being caught in the EZ vs the vikings, Henne looks like Jim Harbaugh this yr.
Is Daboll that good at being a Qb Coach?
He definitely can move better. He is quicker in close and faster past the los. I wonder what he did to build himself up to run faster? Maybe wearing a harness and dragging truck tires across a field, or running with a small parachute behind him. Maybe he got into doing a monster truck tow, where ya wear a harness and pull the truck down the street. :up: Seems like I read some of those Ohio St lbs did that a few years ago. When Aj Hawk and that bunch were there.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"MrClean wrote:
He definitely can move better. He is quicker in close and faster past the los. I wonder what he did to build himself up to run faster? Maybe wearing a harness and dragging truck tires across a field, or running with a small parachute behind him. Maybe he got into doing a monster truck tow, where ya wear a harness and pull the truck down the street. :up: Seems like I read some of those Ohio St lbs did that a few years ago. When Aj Hawk and that bunch were there.
Plyometric training of some sort , it has become more scientific but the essence is the same as Walter Payton running his hill.
What I also see is his decision making has become quicker and more determined and that is a huge plus as well. Not to get to excited but kudos to Chad Henne , he has done virtually everything right in his off season and approach , it could have easily been the other direction with how he wa handled last year.

We're also seeing him keeping his eyes more downfield when escaping pressure (where as some people believed he didn't possess that ability).
I always felt it was a baby-step type progressive process where he'd have to learn to crawl before walk. I believed that Chad would need to become accustomed to using his <new found> feet, and as he became more and more comfortable with it, to the point of almost being natural, then we'd see him making more plays with them while keeping his eyes downfield to extend plays with his arm.
IMO Henning also stunted the development of Chad's mental side of the game.

"ToddsPhins wrote:
We're also seeing him keeping his eyes more downfield when escaping pressure (where as some people believed he didn't possess that ability).
I always felt it was a baby-step type progressive process where he'd have to learn to crawl before walk. I believed that Chad would need to become accustomed to using his <new found> feet, and as he became more and more comfortable with it, to the point of almost being natural, then we'd see him making more plays with his feet and keeping his eyes downfield to extend plays with his arm.
IMO Henning also stunted the development of Chad's mental side of the game.
Henne was lucky to make it out with his career alive after suffering Henning.
He looks like a different QB and preseason or not you can see a distinct difference with Henne.
Lets see how it keeps up once the games are for real. Right now though, as troubled I am about our running game I am as excited about the prospects of our passing game improving.
RIP Jetssuck
