1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OLB Moses Picking Up Tips From JT And Porter; Other Notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=6611

Moses has been paying very close attention not only to how Joey Porter and Jason Taylor handle themselves in practice and on the field during games, but he has been listening intently to the advice both Pro Bowlers have offered up. Porter and Taylor have combined for 223.5 career sacks and 10 Pro Bowl selections

"I just try to stick up under those guys, shadow them around and take as much as I can from them on and off the field," said Moses, who has just 1.5 sacks and 10 tackles (9 solo) in two NFL seasons. "You don't just hang around for that long a period of time without knowing something about how to succeed on the field. They learned how to handle themselves off the field, too, so I just try to stick up under those guys as much as possible."

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Yes, I've got to give Moses credit for finally showing signs of living up to his vast potential.
    There are alarms about a guy who was considered a 1st rounder heading into his final college season, but goes through such a swoon that he slides down to the 3rd in the draft the following spring. Then to be the first 3rd rounder that year cut from the team drafting him. Red flags are being raised left and right. I never expected to see jack squat from him and really questioned the sanity of The Irish One for letting go of Rob Ninkovich in favor of keeping Moses last year.
    Same as CK said about himself with Hartline, it's beginning to very much look like Irish wasn't the idiot in this player analysis either.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I just hope Porter and JT are helping Cam Wake in the same way, we need all the backup pass rushing we can get. Can't get into the situation we did late last season when teams schemed against Porter and his production dropped off, partly because he was tired and had nobody to come in and help him.

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    well this year guys like moses and wake are going to get sacks simply because of porter and taylor. The focus will be on them, so other guys will be in one on one situations, and hopefully on occasion, unblocked entirely.

5. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    My old eyes...

gazing upon the screen first thing on an early morning without finishing my first cup of coffee seemed to see the thread name as "OLE Moses" and all I could think of is Charlton Heston with a football helmet on parting the offensive line with his staff.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    always was a fan of Moses
    good to see him stepping up