1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok. anyone else getting fed up with Parcells?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by electrolyte, Apr 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    First Zach Thomas, now JT.

What is up with this old man Parcells? Is he like a grumpy old man that doesn't care about other people?

I just heard Zach Thomas say that, when Zach was cleaning out his Dolphins locker room, he asked Bill Parcells if he can please use the Dolphin media room to say goodbye to the fans and tell everyone how much it meant to be a Dolphin...

and Bill Parcells told him, quote "No, you are no longer a Dolphin, clean out your locker and vacate the premises"

and now Jason Taylor is a Jet. Remember when Parcells first took over, he wouldn't even TALK to JT?

Look guys, I love how Parcells is fixing this team, but we need to hire someone who knows how to DEAL WITH PEOPLE!

Our 2 legends were disrespected, and now we have to STOMACH JT in...a..Jet...uniform....BARF

and now that Zach Thomas spoke out on this Jason Taylor to Jets issue, will this mean HE WON'T GET HIS WISH TO RETIRE AS A DOLPHIN!?!?

Bpk and DHPVW like this.
  2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    hes not hired to deal with people. hes hired to make the dolphins a winning team.

also i dont believe parcells said that to zach. i wont believe it until i hear it.

Pagan, Bpk, Boik14 and 14 others like this.
  3. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

If we get to the playoffs this coming year, fare pretty well, look like an up and coming team, will you care then ?? Life in the NFL...

I loved what both JT and ZT have done for this franchise...but they aren't Dan Marino or Bob Griese or Don Shula...

Ohio Fanatic and cobrajet like this.
  4. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Not the exact story. The player was asked to not appear on DWTS. He defied Parcells, danced his way across Hollywood, THEN Parcells wouldn't talk to the Player.

That is entirely the Players fault. He was told once again to be patient, and if he wanted to be a Dolphin he would find out after the draft. He didn't want to wait, which is his prerogative. But he cannot cry foul if Parcells is still in charge and he wants to retire and Parcells doesn't let him have his wish. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Sikone, Agua, Starry31 and 1 other person like this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    11 and 5 and AFC east champs a year after going 1 and 15. Building up a roster with solid players starting, and at depth in most positions. Brandon Marshall. Ditching Ted Ginn, naw... I'm OK with BP right now. The Pat White thing still irks me though. :lol:

6. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Loving the moves Parcells is making. We've been a loyal team for ten years now and where did that get us? In the end it's a business and its all about winning which we real haven't done even a respectable job at before Parcells showed up. These guys all got rich off the Dolphins, have beautiful houses most of us can only dream of owning have many millions of dollars in the bank and investments. These guys are set for life because of the Dolphin organization. There's no reason to get all sentimental about it, some of you guys need to man up just like some of these players need to man up and wish the organization the best when the Dolphins no longer need their services instead of acting like sentimental little girls crying because they didn't get what they wanted.

Sorry to be harsh but these guys are not nearly as bad off as some people make it out to be, nor is Parcells the villain some are trying to make him out to be. The guy is just doing the job he is paid to do and is doing it well IMO.

finyank13, PhinsFanWife, jazz and 3 others like this.
  7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    parcells has done better than anyone else at making this team good. I dont care how he treats players past their prime.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No, not fed up, the Dolphins franchise has been hollow for years, they are doing what they had to do in their view to improve the roster.

finyank13 likes this.
  9. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I don't blame them at all. They saw JT as a backup plan if the draft didn't pan out well for the OLB position. They had the best interest of the team and it's money in mind. The Jets apparently disagree with us on that.

JT is still a good player, but he's not the JT of old. It would appear the FO is looking for someone who will be. That being said, it's clear they have a plan for now, as they've made moves to make this next 2-3 years intense in certain departments. I doubt they're going to do that and neglect the other positions of need (or extreme need as some are now).

10. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Don't blame it on Parcells.

Ireland is running this show.

11. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

I very good back up that we could of used his Knowledge to train another guy.

12. I MiZFiT I

I MiZFiT I The Young And The Bestest

Mar 16, 2009
    South Carolina
    Noone agreed with you on FinHeaven and noone will agree with you on here.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    If we win a Superbowl with Parcells, THEN I'll be fed up with the guy. Who the hell does he think he is building up with young talent?

felly smarts likes this.
  14. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Actually, it was Drew Rosenhaus who spoke to the Dolphins about a press conference. And they never told him to vacate the premises. Just that if he wanted to do one, it would have to be held off it.

And Zach doesn't know who Drew actually spoke to (or he won't tell). He said you'd have to ask Drew.

Not excusing the move. Just providing some accuracy. Crazy how in 30 minutes the story morphs into Parcells telling Zach off. :lol:

miamiron, Stringer Bell, Bpk and 10 others like this.
  15. felly smarts

felly smarts New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Tired of Parcells? No. Not even close. As much as I hated to see ZT and JT leave....it freed up alot of cap room for us. We were old and played old. I don't blame the Tuna. We had to get younger fast and he did what any other coach would do. Out with old in with the new. It is what it is. Happens to every team.

16. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I'm beyond livid with the stupid "trifecta" You do something this bad, this awful to the fans, you get a stupid nick-name jumble.

I dub thee, idiots, who care oh so little about the fans:

SPARCELLSLAND

We're razor thin at OLB, in an uncapped year...you really let JASON ****ING TAYLOR walk over to the NEW YORK ****ING JETS???

He made it clear, how he loves Miami, loves the fans, wants to play here.

If superbowl(s) are not won...this will be your freaking legacy. This betrayal to the fans.
    Ask me how I really feel.
    ****ing Sparcellsland.:pity:

DHPVW and SICK like this.
  17. I MiZFiT I

I MiZFiT I The Young And The Bestest

Mar 16, 2009
    South Carolina

The FO believe in having the right players, not always the best players.

18. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Exactly! I heard the Zach interview as well.

The OP is factually incorrect.

Bpk likes this.
  19. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I've always thought this is the case. I believe Parcells is letting his protégé run the Dolphins while he (Parcells) takes the hits if things go bad. He also gets the praise but it seems that Ireland works better without the spotlight on him.

Bpk likes this.
  20. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its not a shock given who the OP is.

21. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Yeah, well bust out your reggie Torbor and Quentin Moses jerseys.

This one is going to stick with us for the rest of our football watching lives.

22. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    how emotional and irrational can you be. the FO is building the team for the future. they owe nothing to taylor. he was a free agent who was told he was able to sign anywhere he pleased. he chose the jets. they are doing the right thing here by moving on. taylor offers nothing down the road for this team. too often fans get far too attached to players and when the time has come to seperate they blame the people making the decisions. we will all be okay without jt just like in 2008. There is life after aging superstars.

23. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    we could have had him for peanuts! we have no talent at OLB! resigning him would have been so easy and insignificant. it just makes no sense. he chose us, but we wouldnt give him anything. ugh, its going to be awful seeing him in that puke green.

i mean, i guess if you never liked taylor then its not a big deal.

24. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I am not fed up at all. He is doing all the right moves. Not getting affectionately attached to players that don't produce like they used to and turning over the bottom of the roster to improve everyday. When no one is safe on the roster the win column benefits.

Remember, that SB when he beat Buffalo? He won that with his back up QB. Tuna only looks at talent, and is not impressed by big names. He saves that for the people who sells jerseys.

25. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    I agree that he didn't handle things very well with ZT and JT but honestly...who would you rather have?

A guy who can help us win, or a guy who treats people nicely???

cobrajet likes this.
  26. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010

Amen bother, you said a mouthful!
    :knucks:

27. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Tuna doesn't have time to coddle the superstars and their egos. He was hired to build a super bowl team and he will. Coaches love tuna and players hate him, but he wins.

Before one of the SB's Tuna put an empty gas can in LT's locker. LT went to Tuna's office and asked what the hell it was all about? He told LT not to run out of gas in the 4th qtr and go do more wind sprints.

Simply put: Tuna is the best there is (behind Shula). He doesn't care who you are - he is all about making the best team possible.

28. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    If you believe that, I got a bridge I can sell ya! :escape2:

29. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    It amazes me the loyalty people show to Parcells over Zach Thomas.

I believe it. Parcells is a major *******.

30. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    i didnt say i never liked jason taylor. he was a great player once upon a time but things change.

taylor knows we are going to be looking to upgrade the OLB spot in the draft and he started looking. he was free to do so.

dont blame the FO. they know the business well and are looking to get younger at the position.

31. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Maybe if we rubbed some Ben Gay on JT's head he'd go away. He's been a huge pain for three years now......

32. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    He signed a one year deal, essentially, that pays him $3.5 million. Donyou REALLY think JT NOW is worth that? I'm not sure it was. Taylor went for the money.

33. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    we're so thin and short on talent at OLB, even if we draft 2-3 kids(in spite of our other glaring holes) we're still short on talent and experience there. it just doesnt make sense to me. he'd have played for 2.5 mil here. and he's still healthy and has some good football left. he had some really great games last year. the jets game, the saints game. he impressed the hell out of me to be quite honest, despite his age.
    he fills a desperate need. he's a dolphin legend. they should've reached out to him, extended him the slightest bit of courtesy for so many reasons.

34. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    3.5 in an uncapped year? Especially when he would've probably signed for 2.5? Its peanuts on the NFL world. I mean, its an uncapped year !!!

35. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    1. Taylor has no upside.
    2. This draft is deep at linebacker.
    3. Taylor was getting to be a bit of a diva.
    4. The leadership dynamic has to change.
    5. It's been a while since Dancing With The Stars, but the Tuna has an elephant's memory.

No; the Tuna is fine with me.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  36. SCPhinFan

SCPhinFan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2008
    No, not fed up at all. Ask me after the draft. Losing JT means nothing to me.

37. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I don't think that's so. It's been reported that Taylor was offered a contract extension back in November. What I understood to be the case was it was sort of the same way Ricky was offered an extension..off the cuff and directly from Parcells. JT declined, wanting to include his agent and negotiate. So this says to me that he didn't want to play for just anything that the Dolphins deemed fair. It say to me that JT had a certain idea of his worth and wanted to be paid accordingly. Which is fine. But I don't think it's accurate for JT to portray himself as some kind of martyr as he sadly joins the Jets.
    He was made an offer and he turned it down.

Bpk, Dolfan330, resnor and 3 others like this.
  38. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i dont recall this at all. not that i dont believe you, but do you have anything with details? it would certainly make me feel less bitter if true. im actually hoping its true.

39. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    As the Player mentioned in his press conference tonight, he WAS offered a 2 year extention during last years season and he DECLINED it and said lets talk after the season. Well if he really wanted to be a Dolphin the rest of his career he would have signed then.

He made his bed and now he has to lie in that Jet green muck.

Bpk, cdz12250, Dolfan330 and 5 others like this.
  40. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Tony Sparano gave it away already: