1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Joy!

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by Sethdaddy8, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I recognize that there is a Kris Jenkins thread, and a Jets signings, news etc thread...so I'm going to try and make this unique. Add a little value here.

In my football life, I live for 2 things. 1, rooting for the Dolphins, and 2, rooting against those teams I hate. And the Jets lead that list by a country mile. And to put it in perspective, watching a great game comes in 3rd. The other 2 factors are way more important.

And this is just so freakin sweet. I mean, its like deja vu from last year...but with the utility of a microwave thrown in! Lets not bake that huge let down over 11 weeks. Lets get tons of fast and absurd hype in a real condensed amount of time, set that baby on 90 seconds, and BOOM...watch it EXPLOOOOODE all over the microwave walls.

I mean, I'm not sure how happy to be here. I thought beating the Jets actually meant something...but now it's like..."oh we just beat down another crappy team." Oh well, a bit of a concern I suppose. But oh the joy in their hot air getting popped! And you know what, they deserved it.

Here's why. I/we have no delusions of grandeur. We know we have a good team, with the real potential a year down the road. We know we could be 2-4 at the end of next weekend, and how hard it will be to repeat with our schedule. And that's modesty at its finest considering we did win the division last year and had the greatest turnaround in league history. But we don't act in this manner. We don't act like jetnation.

And the Jest get a coach who spouts off in June, and they jump out to a quick start and what happens? "Best defense in the LEAGUE??" "Best coach!" "Darrell Revis is the best corner ever!!" No...None of that. None of the above, and no soup for you.

You beat 2 flat teams who hadn't found their rhythm, and beat one awful team. And now your true colors are showing, as you lose 2 in a row to division rivals. Oh, crap, I almost forgot, you only let the Saints score 10 points. OKAY, here's your free pass to the play-offs!:001_rolleyes:

For all the smack talked, and the over-exaggerated boasting...where are you now? I ask that to, not only the fans, but the jet players and staff as well. Who are you embarrassing now Rhodes? Who are you taking it out on now Scott and D'brick? They scoffed when we beat the Bills 38-10.

What now? No team or fans talk so much trash, all to have it blow up in their face. And this happens over, and over and over again.

And now, I'll be honest with you, after today's games...I gotta put the Raiders as a 2 pt favorite next week! That's right, I will actually be a bit shocked if they lose. And then after the loooong flight back home, you get us. And that will spell more pain for you.

But hey, at least Sexy Rexy finally learned how to give the other team credit this week, as seen in his somber and plump post game presser.

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    It was the weather, man.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, that was a fine post Seth8, it is somewhat how I'm approaching this situation.

The Jets kinda sorta have been revealed to be a team without a ton of bullets in the cylinder, losing Jenkins hurts, the fact they had 1 sack in almost 5 qtrs against a team we had 6 sacks against speaks volumes about their defense.

FWIW, I liked Jenkins as he played for the local team for most of his career and I thought he was the only Jet who acted with class after we defeated them on MNF.

The NFL is a brutal brutal league, weaknesses are exploited with no mercy or qtr, if Jenkins is out and that OLB corps remains pedestrian, it will be a long season in Jetsland.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    tell that to ryan fitzpatrick

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I was kidding. :wink2:

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i know, i meant tell that to the jet fans making that excuse

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville

You know things are going well when you're on a bye week and it still feels like we got a win today....

How sweet was it to watch their 3-0 mirage crash and burn in front of the home crowd against a Bills team that couldn't score 20 points if there were 6 quarters in a game?

It was a sloppy excuse of an NFL game.......and so far one of my favorites. It was like watching one of those movies that just makes you feel good.

8. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i share all the same sentiments and truly feel bad he got hurt. he's a class guy, a real all-pro and stud too. and the lynch-pin that keeps that silly team half-way interesting.

9. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    its as though you've read my mind!

i will miss all the jest posters though. darklady, 124, bz, ps17, those guys will probably never be back.

jetssuck likes this.
  10. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

why?

11. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    because when they come here talking their trash, its makes these implosions(which we know are imminent) so much sweeter.

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I must admit I do take a bit of satisfaction from all of this, when we defeated the Bills easily, the Jets fans came onboard and said "oh, it was just the Bills, wait until you play a REAL NFL team" okay, we won that one as well.

The Bills are a bad football team, seriously, they do have some talented players but as a team they are not really all on the same page, they lost to the Browns 6-3 last week and just defeated the Jets at home.

Now no team is as good as they look when they are winning, or as bad as they look while losing, the Jets have lost 3 straight games, two to teams that had 1 win coming into the game.

And Nacho Sanchez has looked worse and worse as time has gone on and the NFL has a book on him, he has went from 60% to 30% completitions in 6 games each game his play has gotten worse, that to me is the most significant trend emerging from the Jets.

Add in losing Jenkins and a rookie HC who has not really lost games in the NFL and things could spin out of control, their next game is out in Oakland where they have a terrible record, they lose that one and "disarray" will be the proper word to use.

13. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    oh i dunno man, they are a whipped and beaten dog. i think 80% of their fans expect to lose at Oakland..seriously. i think they are already in hell.

jetssuck likes this.
  14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I think I know whats in Rex Ryan's belly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I don't count any team out until they are out of it.

The Nacho is going to CA, this is home turf for him and he'll want to bounce back.

16. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    We should do Rex Ryan captions all year

jetssuck likes this.
  17. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i hear ya. i got the Raiders -2.

18. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    It would be be terrific to see Señor Intercepciones hand next week's game to the Raiders D........ gift wrap it like he did for Buffalo.

Then we go up there the week after, finish them off and start chasing down the Pats.

This could get fun

19. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    oh sweet baby james...

you just can't make this stuff up!!!

[​IMG]

20. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The media coverage of the Jets is a lot more fun now...:lol:

21. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    hilarious

sad

but hilarious

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Do you know why Mark Sanchez wears the #6? Because he wants to be half as good as the very mediocre Joe Namath.

Thats just the icing on the sweet sweet cake.

23. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    Well, I'm back.

:pity: <------ My only thoughts about the Jets right now.

cnc66, FinSane and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  24. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the more you come back the more I like you. now if only you'd stop hating on my team :lol:

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Soon he'll be just like Clumpy.

FinSane and unluckyluciano like this.
  26. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    hell be breaking down our cap numbers in no time!

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    :knucks:

28. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    10 days later.