1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officiating - Always against us

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by UCF FINatic, Dec 2, 2012.

1. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I am getting so sick of every single call going against us. All the questionable calls, all the game changing calls, everything. So far in this game we have:

1.) The catch by Hernandez by the 1st down marker by the 5 yard line that the announcers says was close, but the refs don't even bother measuring it before calling it a first down.

2.) The INT return for a TD that they said we had an illegal block on (I did not see it anywhere in the replay)... So we get the ball at the 34 instead of having a TD. It was like they called one against NE too just so we didn't riot.

3.) Tannehill's "fumble" there is no way they call that a fumble if it happens to Tom Brady.

4.) The missed faced mask call on Tannehill's scramble on 3rd down. Would have been a game changer here considering we would have had a new set of downs in their territory. I don't see how anyone could miss this considering Tannehill had the ball and was running with it... It wasn't like it happened on the opposite side of the field.

I just get tired of feeling like there is something funny with the way our games are officiated.

DHPVW, CashInFist, SICK and 1 other person like this.
  2. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    & so many dolphin fans.... always against us.

The officiating is just bad, all around....the real refs had too much time off this summer.

Aquafin likes this.
  3. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    2 and 3 were the right call. The replay showed Vernon going low. I didn't see the Pats player go low.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

MAFishFan likes this.
  4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    My complaints are the no facemask call and that PI call...

5. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Its Ron ****ing Winter, what do you expect. They never should have pried him out of his casket.

Section126 likes this.
  6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    For what it's worth, they gave Daniel Thomas an amazing spot on that 1st down just before half.

DolfanTom and MAFishFan like this.
  7. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Agreed. The low block was classic dolphin football - the guy being blocked had no chance of making the play.

8. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Forgot about that horrible, horrible PI call...

9. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE ****ING ****? The ball was OUT OF ****ING BOUNDS! How the **** can you call PI on that play. What a bunch of ****ing garbage. The fix is in fellas.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  10. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Now the PI call was BS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk 2

11. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Every little thing is called as PI, unfortunately.

12. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

This excuse is tired.

Google a forum for any team of any sport. The refs are always out to "get" every team, every week.

You may feel free to express yourselves as you choose, but I think it's poppycock.

Recall the alternative.
    [​IMG]

2xBlown and GARDENHEAD like this.
  13. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    The refs had nothing to do with our anemic offense. NOTHING.

14. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Well... it was a poorly officiated game today, no doubt.

However...

The Tannehill fumble, was clearly a fumble. I'd say... get over that one. It was the right call, all the way.

The missed facemask on RT, inexcusable to miss that. The DPI on the ball thrown out of bounds... ridiculous, just ridiculous. I'll easily give you those.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It was pretty obvious the game was skewed in one direction. In the end we beat ourselves by spotting them 17 points.

xphinfanx likes this.
  16. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I can't remember a time where Ron Winters hasn't royally ****ed our team every time his crew refs. I'm convinced he has it out for Miami. He's a soul sucking withered old man.

SICK likes this.
  17. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    My argument is the same as always....the no calls when people are holding Wake.

oakelmpine likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    At least Joey Crawford has the balls to say he hated Pat Riley and the Heat.

19. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

20. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    That was Steve Javi.

Although we know better.....

21. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Here's what pisses me off about the Jones interception return. We both got called for the same exact penalty, but the Patriots don't get punished for it, only we do. It's bull****. It should cancel out and let the play stand. We have 6 points taken off the board, and what does New England get for it? NOTHING.

I feel terrible for Reshad too, that was a hell of a play by him. The kind of playmaking ability we need back there.

CashInFist and SICK like this.
  22. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Confirmation bias look it up.

oakelmpine likes this.
  23. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Rule 14, Section 3:
    DOUBLE FOUL WITH CHANGE OF POSSESSION (CLEAN HANDS)​
    Article 2 ​
    If there is a double foul (3-11-2-c) during a down in which there is a change of possession, theteam gaining possession must keep the ball after enforcement for its foul, provided its foul occurred after
    the change of possession (clean hands).

Approved Ruling, similar to what happened:

A.R. 14.42 ​
    Second-and-10 on B45. B1 intercepts a pass on the B10 and runs it back to the A30. On the runback, B2clips on the A35 and A1 piles on runner B1 after he is tackled on the A30.
    Ruling: Team B retains ball at spot of its foul. B’s ball first-and-10 on A35.

24. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

No point worrying about refs. Can;t control that.

You can draft and sign players.

You can coach.

You can execute on the field.

The rest is out of the team's hands.

Aquafin, oakelmpine and BuckeyeKing like this.
  25. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Exactly. The chances to win were there. This team just can't execute.

26. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think it should be considering whining, inaccurate, or whatever to suggest the Dolphins have gotten the **** end of the stick this year in terms of bad/no-calls. It's realistically not planned, systemic bias, but the Dolphins have gotten hosed remarkably bad overall.

27. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Only speaking for myself, but I'm not blaming officiating for the loss. I just think it's worth commentating on. I'm pretty sure even if I was objectively watching that game (not a fan of either team) I would have noticed the calls were really favoring New England.

F U, Ron Winters.

oakelmpine likes this.
  28. oakelmpine

oakelmpine New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I also was pissed at the missed helmet to helmet on THill. If that happens to Brady the Dolphins get a penalty, and the player gets fined and suspended. You can count on it.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  29. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    The refs didnt prevent us from winning,we had our chances. BUT, I`m still fuming over that non face-mask penalty on Tannehills run. The QB runs down the middle of the field, gets his face mask grabbed and turned, and NOT ONE official saw it?? TOTAL BULL****.

CashInFist likes this.
  30. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    Of course the officiating wasn't the reason we lost, but it is frustrating to see that bias towards one team... and usually we are not that team.

Ozzy likes this.
  31. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    This is bull **** actually.

Its crap a coach tells his players to keep them focused, but its not true. We had our chances and they were taken from us by the refs.

For the cliche you guys are preaching to be true, then the only good team is the one that can win 70-0 every game. In the real world, there aren't always a **** ton of opportunities to win. If those opportunities are circumvented by the refs, there's not much you can do.

If refs can't affect the game, then why have them?

32. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I agree it didn't affect the outcome of the game, but there were some horrible calls. The spots. Oh, the spots. My personal belief is that because the Pats run a non-huddle offense, they get the benefit of the doubt on spots near the first down marker. I feel like the refs don't want to slow down the game to measure, and the Pats got several "generous" spots on plays where they were clearly short.

Tannehill's facemask. This continues to baffle me. Are facemasks that hard to call? I remember going to a Canes game last year against Virginia. I sat in the upper bowl. Everyone in the stadium could see Jacory's head turn like he was Linda Blair in the Exorcist. No call. Not sure how Tannehill's was missed either.

The PI. An arm bar? OK. The ball was 5 yards out of bounds. Dansby could've pushed the player towards the ball and the resulting momentum still wouldn't have put the receiver any closer to it. An easy non-call.

I will say that the Dolphins did benefit once, on Reggie's long run on the Dolphins lone TD drive. BLATANT hold that they got away with. So, ultimately I don't think it affected the outcome.

33. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't think the nfl favors the patsies over the dolphins, or any other team.
    I do think this year though, there are some patterns which suggest directions given to the refs:
    1) Less holding calls. Not saying this justifies the wake no calls, but in watching other games I seem to notice more holding penalties not getting called.
    2) PI. This one really pisses me off as it seems to me the league is going out of there way to call these penalties. I've noticed it getting called way more now to the point it's detrimental to defenses.

34. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Just stop. Were not losing games because of the officials this is beyond silly. The refs miss calls for both teams your just looking out for your team. Its out of frustration to blame the refs fact is were not a good team.

35. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Just stop nothing. The Bills game alone, the refs accounted for 13 pts for Buffalo and stopped us for at least 6. That is significant. That is real.

I ask again, why have refs if they don't affect the game?

36. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Bad calls happen teams deal with it all the time and have to overcome it. Maybe we should stop blaming the refs when the problem is the team. Were just not very good.

37. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house

how about we are fairly good on defense but we flat out suck on offense . the entire offense ought to be cut and rebuild the offense with actual playmakers.

Hurricane likes this.
  38. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Sigh.

Can you speak on this topic, in anything other than cliches?

I'll ask a third time, what is the point of having refs, if they have no power to influence a game?

39. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    No you're right lets stick with "oh its only my team getting screwed" week in and week out.

The refs do have the power to change the game but it hasn't happened to us yet.

So we should move on from blaming refs because were not losing because of them.

40. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Define 'influence'? If you mean applying the laws then yes. If you mean favouritism regarding calls....sometimes, possibly. They make mistakes, they are human. They only get game changing accusations thrown at them because they screw up.