1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I do have a feeling itll comedown like you said it samphin.. reigns is going to win in wrestlemania and itll be with multiple chair shots; hammers, etc, and he will have massive heat (he already does but this would be the kind of heat that would make fans jump off the barricade and attack him).. it would be great.. you already saw their reaction to brock beating undertaker .. and they like brock... roman reigns beating the undertaker in wrestlemania will have tons of people throwing things onto the ring and people smashing tv sets to the ground.. :lol:

But i doubt brock vs reigns happens in WM34.. if anything it will be summerslam..

But if Meltzer, who i dont take anything he says seriously, is right about his prediction, of having reigns win it as a babyface in wm34 and make him the face of the company because of cena's departure... then vince is way out of touch..

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It's wrestling and it's the internet. People will always find a way to complain about something. I know I'm guilty of it. Like you said it comes with the territory.

I completely agree with you about Reigns winning. Once Taker's WM streak ended there was no point not to use him to help build up guys. If Reigns is still going to be the new face of the WWE he absolutely needs to beat Taker here. I truly think the way to get there with Reigns as the face of the company is to turn him heel and be a silent *** kicker. Not a hired gun for the Authority either, that storyline is played out too much. Once they turn him heel and he starts running through the roster fans will get behind him again. I think he's gotten a lot better in the ring then he's given credit for.

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Meltzer isn't predicting this, he was told that was the plan by someone inside the WWE.

4. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I actually think he would do terrific as a heel. And I agree about him not being a hired gun. Have him on his own and just have him pulverize people. At the same time, Brock does Brock things and now you have these two, seemingly unstoppable, borderline out of control monsters headed towards a collision course at WM 34.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  5. Samphin

The parody stuff on WWE's Youtube channel with Southpaw Regional Wrestling, is tremendous.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    SICK likes this.
  6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I've heard. I need to check it out.

7. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    By the way i havent seen the broken matt hardy TMZ video until now... from now on ima refer to Vince as Meek-Mahahn

8. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Just read about the whole Paige scandal... dont even know what to make of it, hope WWE is in contact to get her the help she needs.. and she needs a lot of help, shes got some growing up to do already as she seems to be easily persuaded/influenced to bad decisions..

her parents have spoken, and theyre hinting concerns of suicidal thoughts... the only contact they had with her is through facebook messenger..

Xavier needs to give this as little attention as possible but now everywhere he goes theres going to be someone in the crowd to say something

9. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
  10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    WWE has been in talks with ROH since January about buying them out and airing them weekly on the WWE Network.

Also WWE officially offered Matt and Jeff Hardy contracts.

11. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Tragic news about JR's wife. Hit by car on her scooter, and now she has passed away. Really feel for JR :(

Vertical Limit likes this.
  12. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Reading what he wrote about his wife after the accident and after her passing was heartbreaking.. you can tell he was sobbingh as he wrote it..

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Matt Hardy closed his merchandise website yesterday, seems like a pretty big sign that the Hardys are headed back to the WWE. The rumor right now is they will make a surprise return and face the Usos at WM and win the tag titles.

SICK likes this.
  14. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    They need to make that rumor better and have that match be a tables ladders and chairs match..

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    You start small and work your way up to that type of match otherwise there's nowhere else to go from there.

SICK and Samphin like this.
  16. Samphin

Agreed. WM is about moments. Having The Hardys return, would be a moment. Normally, I would say that you should promote the return of The Hardys to help get people to buy the network, but part of The Hardys charm is showing up randomly to challenge for titles, so it would defeat the purpose of them promoting it ahead of time.

Plus, most of the Hardy's fanbase is "smart" and would probably be watching, regardless.

That being said, I would be surprised if they showed up at Wrestlemania. It seems natural for them to re-set on RAW/Smackdown afterwards.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah I agree. Like you said people are going to watch WM anyway so why not hold it off for RAW/Smackdown as one of the new surprises that they usually have the day after WM. Now if it wasn't WM and a random B or C level PPV then the surprise would make sense because you can use that as a way to plug the Network as anything can happen and those PPVs are must watch.

Samphin are you excited about WM this year? To be honest with you the only matches I care about is Taker/Reigns and Jericho/Owens the others just are kind of eh to me. This is the first WM since Miz/Cena that I haven't been excited for unfortunately.

18. Samphin

I always end up getting excited for it the day of. It is still a lot of fun every year. I have learned to watch it with non-smart wrestling fans, and it tends to make me sit back and enjoy the event for what it is.

JerichOwens will probably be the main highlight, but I think we are due for some surprises with Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor and HHH, which should be fun.

I also think that Goldberg-Lesnar may try to compensate for their shortcomings in the ring, with gore and violence, which might be kind of fun.

And of course, AJ Styles and Shane McMahon will probably be a fun stunt-fest.

This is very much a transitional WM. All sings point towards this being the start of a year long story for Roman Reigns and Brock, as well as the end of the Undertaker era, the winding down of Cena and building new stars. Next year's card will look wildly different as to who is on top. Expect names like Owens, Wyatt, Reigns, Joe, Balor, Rollins and Strowman, Styles and Corbin to be featured even more prominently over the summer and beyond.

vizi0n, SICK and Ray Finkle like this.
  19. weezybaby

weezybaby Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Munich, Germany
    I just read that the Undertaker is at 99 PPV-wins. Wouldn't it be appropriate to let him get win #100 instead of letting Roman win?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

20. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Goldberg's instagram post is a week too early in my opinion. He was giving his farewell message to the fans and the wwe.. i mean everyone knows Brock is going to win this Sunday but that just comes off tacky to send a message like that before the biggest ppv of the year.

21. Samphin

I know RAW after Wrestlemania has become it's own thing, but with Smackdown now LIVE every Tuesday...me thinks you may see some shenanigans happen a day later than usual.

Get your violins ready...

Ray Finkle likes this.
  22. Samphin

Also, rumor is that UT/Reigns is closing out Mania.

23. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Beth phoenix is on record time during her HOF speech.. jesus lol and she mentioned Chyna, how fast will they edit that out of the repeat?

24. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Jericho fooled me for a second with his broken ankle picture, and then i remembered its April 1..

25. Samphin

Really? I thought it was the best speech I have seen at a WWE HOF ceremony ever.

26. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    It was a great speech, just ran a bit long.

I was listening to Roman Reigns on Talk is Jericho, and it made me rewatch the Brock vs Roman reigns match from two years ago and it has me thinking.. that match had a terrible build up heading to Wrestlemania yet it probably was the best match of Roman Reigns career so far.

And he was getting over by the crowd as he kept taking real shots from Brock and hes just laughing and absorbing the pain.

Just wonder how the crowd would treat Roman Reigns today had he won that match clean. that wouldd have been a great moment for him, but it also worked out great for Seth

27. Samphin

I was there for that match. The last hour or so of that WM was tremendous. Before that it was hot as BALLS in in Santa Clara and people in the crowd were passing out left and right.

Roman ended up leaving the HOF ceremony early due to the constant booing. I feel bad for the guy in that regard, because people are booing the man, not the character. But he really should follow in his cousin's footsteps, request a heel turn and completely embrace the hatred. I think it would legit put him in the next stratosphere.

NXT was terrific as usual, last night. The Superplex from the top rope to the floor was insanity. And as I alluded to above...get the violins ready for Tuesday. ;)

weezybaby likes this.
  28. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    That has to be the longest patch from stage to ring ever.. goldberg is going to gas out when his match comes up just walking down the aisle

29. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    This was a RAW dominated Wrestlemania... if im in the smackdown roster im praying i get drafted/traded to raw. Raw got all the fun.

30. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    As i posted a week ago, title changes galore.. the only title match that didnt get changed was the raw womens title. Idk what happened in the dark matches as far as IC, smackdown tag titles and cruiserweight, but yeah..

The most boring match of the night is a tie between the Cena/Bella match and the Bray/Orton match.

Goldberg and Brock managed to find a way to bring a lot of action in their match.

Was hoping Chris Jericho would win.

Highlight of the night were the Hardy Boyz and its not even close

Roman Reigns winning was expected, but was hoping it would come with a heel turn, instead they kept him a babyface and Undertaker looks like he announced his retirement.

31. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Lesnar/Goldberg was everything it needed to be. I enjoyed that match. Great job by Shane too. Bray losing was...interesting

32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I thought WM was pretty good (just too long but that's never going to change), nothing I thought was MOTY but nothing terrible either.

I thought the Reigns/Taker match was better than excepted, good ending to Taker's career and Reigns showed once again that he can carry a match. The guy is underrated, sure he needs mike work but he's improved big time to where he was 2 years ago.

Loved the Hardys return but them on RAW, man Smackdown needs new bodies as that roster is super thin.

I was surprised we didn't see Joe at all in the Triple H/Rollins match or Foley.

The only thing I really didn't like which had nothing to do with the event was Bayley beating Charlotte at the last PPV ending Charlotte's streak instead of last night where it would have been meaningful.

RAW and Smackdown should be interesting. I bet Balor returns on RAW and like Samphin said Nakamura debuts on Smackdown.

33. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Smackdown didnt bring it last night.. all the smackdown matches were bad.. makes me wonder why anyone says smackdown is better..

34. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Im shocked we didnt see any legends at all. The Rock and Steve Austin not invited?

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Well we saw everyone that got into the HOF and the WWE brought back Lawler and JR on commentary so there were legends there.

Austin wasn't there, don't know why. Rock was probably busy filming a movie. I'm sure both guys were invited, they always are but something schedules don't match up.

I don't have a problem with them not being there. The show is already way too long, we don't need a Rock promo for no other reason than just to say he's there.

36. Samphin

Because the show itself lays out and paces better than RAW, despite RAW having more star power and the advantage of being the flagship show for WWE.

The matches on a singular card don't change that, in my opinon.

37. Samphin

They will be receiving help soon...beyond just a single person, also.

38. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Apparently the stage couldnt handle the Undertaker's pyro and it caught fire. They rushed the stage with extinguisers.

39. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    I honestly think its time for Charlotte to move to Smackdown and shake up the womens division a bit.

40. Vertical Limit

Nov 25, 2007
    Listening to Dave meltzer, the Hardy boyz showed up very late to the hotel having just finished a ladder match on saturday, Jeff hardy was completely beat up and exhausted, he wasnt physically ready for the Wrestlemania match but he toughed it out and did it anyways, and still gave us a 300 foot swanton bomb lol