*Official Week 7 Game Thread: Texans at Dolphins*

773 replies

Oct 24, 2015, 04:34 PM

The Dan Campbell era began with a bang last week when we demolished the Titans in our season restart opener. This time, we have our season restart home opener against the Texans. Yes, the same Texans we have never beaten.

Everything Campbell promised we'd be he made good on last week. We were a completely different team from what we saw the first four weeks. We were much more physical. We were full of energy. We played with more urgency and we played with more passion. Especially on defense, where we finally played like we thought we would all along. Six sacks (four by Wake) and four takeaways. Beastly. The end result was a 38-10 beat down on the road in Tennessee. It was so great that the Titans were complaining that we were "too physical" (lollllllll).

This is exactly the kind of Dolphins team I want. One that will punch you in the mouth. One who will out-muscle you. One who will be more passionate and energetic than you. One who will not back down to anyone. Thank you, Dan Campbell, for changing the culture from a soft team to a badass team who will come after you.

The Texans may be 2-4, but they have some damn good talent on both sides of the ball. Led by DeAndre Hopkins and J.J. Watt. The game plan should be similar to what it was last week. On offense, be aware of where Watt is. Establish a running game again and let the field open up for Ryan Tannehill. Defensively, stop the run first and foremost, then pin our ears back and attack Brian Hoyer. He'll make mistakes if you put pressure on him.

As I've said, we have never beaten them. 0-7 all time. The most recent was Tannehill's first ever game back in 2012. Saying it's time for payback is a massive understatement. If you're going to the game, bring the noise. It's our restarted home opener! Let the players feed off the energy from the crowd.

Let's make it two in a row under Campbell.

Let's go Dolphins!!!!!

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Oct 24, 2015, 05:33 PM

I think we can do it. Two in a row that's nice. If we play our best game, I don't see why we don't win. My prediction: 28-14 Dolphins

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

Oct 24, 2015, 05:40 PM

Let's do this !!!

CHChuck WilsonNew Member
Oct 24, 2015, 07:26 PM

Truthfully, I don't have a feeling one way or another. All I know is I'm going to have a good Buzz going come 1 o'clock and I'll be screaming at the television set (hopefully screaming in jubilation) as I said I can't get a feel for this game but still I'll throw a prediction out there 27-20 fins

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2015, 07:41 PM

All I can say is it's about time we beat their candy ass,It's not even the Cowboys for the love of God,

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2015, 08:05 PM

Streaks and records are meant to be broken. Hopefully that happens this week.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2015, 08:24 PM

Line up Mitchell at FB and run straight at Watt early... Aikens has to play better, imo.

They're secondary seems like the weakest link to attack since their best corner is out.

Other than that, there's really no good information on the squad. As most matchup articles focus squarely on Hopkins and Foster.

number21number21New Member
Oct 24, 2015, 08:53 PM

Leggo Dolphins.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 24, 2015, 08:56 PM

I've learned that my gut feelings regarding the Fins are meaningless anymore. Hoping for another clean game where the team plays smart football and doesn't shoot themself in the foot. Get first downs, move the ball down the field, and make the tackle when the defender has the chance. Do that again and I think we win.

BIBig_finNew Member
Oct 24, 2015, 09:05 PM

We WIN this one. The Texans are not a good football team. They are poorly coached and don't have near the "top-notch" defense that was touted early in the season.

Prediction: Tannehill with 250 yds, 2 TD in a close win

Kud_IIKud_IIForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2015, 09:24 PM

"firedan wrote:

All I can say is it's about time we beat their candy ass,It's not even the Cowboys for the love of God,

We'll beat their ass too with the Campbell Crunch

Formerly known as IdrA,
formerly known as Kud.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Oct 24, 2015, 09:24 PM

I think that RT has a good chance to have his best game thus far this season. I guess that doesn't mean a ton, since thus far his best game was week 2 in the loss to the Jags, but it's still something to look forward to.

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Oct 24, 2015, 10:38 PM

"Pandarilla wrote:

Line up Mitchell at FB and run straight at Watt early... Aikens has to play better, imo.

They're secondary seems like the weakest link to attack since their best corner is out.

Other than that, there's really no good information on the squad. As most matchup articles focus squarely on Hopkins and Foster.

They should find Stills deep a few times in this game. See if they can exploit a weakness in the secondary.

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2015, 10:57 PM

Campbell

SMASH!!!!!

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2015, 12:45 AM

Tried to gain more insight on Houston by watching some player interviews. The only thing I learned was that Houston's reporters have to be the most annoying in the NFL. Just a bunch of a-holes hounding players sprinkled in with some dumb blonde questions.

Also, I forgot they have a couple of good rookies that will factor in tomorrow. That CB from Wake Forest looks good and Jaelen Strong should be considered a strong red zone threat. Strong especially has the ability to out-muscle smaller defenders; from what I saw from him while scouting the draft.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Oct 25, 2015, 03:42 AM

Im scared about tomorrow because I want this so bad. I want Campbell to be the real deal. I don't want to watch 10 more games wondering what Dolphin team we will have. I want this team to succeed and actually turn things around for once. Tomorrow should be a win. Play good football, limit mistakes, leave Miami with a convincing win. Go play the patriots the following week and just give it your all. I don't expect us to win, but if we can be 3-4 after that game, I'll take it. Can't be 2-4 going into that game, that's for sure! Find up! Prove me wrong Miami!

Win it for mother Russia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2015, 05:37 AM

"Jt0323 wrote:

Im scared about tomorrow because I want this so bad. I want Campbell to be the real deal. I don't want to watch 10 more games wondering what Dolphin team we will have. I want this team to succeed and actually turn things around for once. Tomorrow should be a win. Play good football, limit mistakes, leave Miami with a convincing win. Go play the patriots the following week and just give it your all. I don't expect us to win, but if we can be 3-4 after that game, I'll take it. Can't be 2-4 going into that game, that's for sure! Find up! Prove me wrong Miami!

Win it for mother Russia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 25, 2015, 05:59 AM

"Big_fin wrote:

We WIN this one. The Texans are not a good football team. They are poorly coached and don't have near the "top-notch" defense that was touted early in the season.

Prediction: Tannehill with 250 yds, 2 TD in a close win

so the texans aren´t any good and we will win a close one ? what does this say about us ?

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 25, 2015, 06:02 AM

GO DOOOOLPHINS....we are ready....and lets hope the jets and pats knock the **** out of each other

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2015, 08:41 AM

Get ready for history boys !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number21number21New Member
Oct 25, 2015, 08:50 AM

"Alex13 wrote:

so the texans aren´t any good and we will win a close one ? what does this say about us ?

Any win is a good win in the NFL

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Oct 25, 2015, 08:53 AM

"number21 wrote:

Any win is a good win in the NFL

sure it is..the wording still was strange though

Phins_Fan_87Phins_Fan_87Supporter
Oct 25, 2015, 08:55 AM

clowney playing

MuckMuckRetired Admin
Oct 25, 2015, 09:10 AM

In honor of our fearless leader, Metallica and only Metallica should be played during today's pregame warm-ups.

Four Horsemen. Battery. Fight Fire With Fire. Blackened.

Nothing after 1988.

Can we kickoff already?

- sent via Tapatalk -

Make the throwback uniforms permanent!

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2015, 09:11 AM

I expect Miller to have a strong showing. We will feed him the ball under Campbell, I actually like him enough that I took him in one of my fan duel lineups this week. Our defense should have another strong showing.

I like our chances today.