1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official ThePhins.com Poster Draft (Live Draft Here)

Discussion in 'Contest Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Jun 13, 2008.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I would take time to hurl insults back at SickFinFan, but I'd rather not make cry. Without further ado, I present to you the newest member of the Angry Beavers... Vengeful Odin, C, Hawaii.

Write up to come later...

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Well, I can't believe we are only 25% done with this draft as it seems like just last year that we started. Honestly, all the good posters were taken in the first three or four rounds. The rest of you are simply being drafted through a process of elimination at this point.

However, while I was closing my eyes and pointing randomly to select my next pick, I stumbled across a hidden gem somehow that instantly puts my team above and beyond everyone else's. That is because my next pick actually played in the NFL as opposed to the rest of the booger eaters people like gish picked (pun so totally intended).

With the 11th million pick in this neverending draft, the NORCAL Whoop Tooshies select: RealDriscoll, TE, Funnycollegename University

That is right peeps. The Whoops Tooshies have now entered Titletown on the back of our ginormous Tight End who will mollywhop, steamroll, hamstomp and any other noun/adverb combination you can think of through defenses.

You won't see this many people on defense blown up since the Pentagon on 9-...well you know what I mean.

Welcome to the team Real, get ready to meet your NEXT teammate shortly.

3. Samphin

Good grief this is a long process. Perhaps the best strategy at this point is to find ways to shorten the whole thing. So with the next pick

The NORCAL Whoop Tooshies select, GridIronKing34's pick in the 11th round, OC, Lower Merrian High

Doing this has done two things really. It has helped shorten the draft and hurt one of my fellow opponents. Whoever I draft with Griddle's pick I am sure will help contribute to the ever growing dominance that is the Whoop Tooshies.

Samphin is STILL on the clock.

Edit: Fine, since none of you seem to get the joke, we take Miamian, MLB, Jerusalem.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
    HardKoreXXX likes this.
  4. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With the next selection, the Angry Beavers select...

MrClean, OC, Offensive Line High

MrClean is well known for his offensive line knowledge and after bringing in our leader of the line in Vengeful Odin, we need an offensive coordinator who can lead this group to the promised land. Let it be known, the Angry Beavers will have a powerhouse of a team with two great minds running both offense and defense.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    so its time to pick again.....i got the 3rd pick in the 11th round...so I decided to go with another defender.....a athlete that can play either safety position.....

and no gissh....its not batman....

I gotta get a good defensive backfield to stop gissh and the fantastic 4 from running rampant....when we play this season.....

don't need the flash sprinting down getting lead blocks from the hulk and optimus prime....

so I went with a badass safety.....someone who will be a force for the sick faulkers for years to come......so with the 3rd pick in the 11th round of this drawn out draft.....the sick faulkers select.....

vmarcilfan75 Safety--'Sexy avatar community college'

vmarcilfan75 and Big E like this.
  6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    With training camp approaching. The People That Matter are going to need some inside info. Someone that can handle the heat. Someone that doesn't take crap from anyone. Someone that will bite your head off. This poster is great with coverage of all things Dolphin during the heat of July and August, and will fit perfectly into my 4-3 defense.

To complete our starting LB unit, and perhaps kill some people...

The People That Matter of Gotham City select...

Ozzy - OLB - Bark at the U

Premium Member
    [​IMG]

Welcome to TPTM Ozzy! Your undying dedication, combined with your thirst for blood, will make you a hall of phiner. I hope you don't mind if I pay you in dope and whiskey. Beggars can't be choosers, just deal with it.

Ozzy likes this.
  7. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    The Compton Misfitz pick---- DaFins --Ctr --278lbs --6'2" --East Harwood University

Continuing our theme of Cerebral Offense, we were looking for an intellectual CTR who could be our leader on the Offensive line. Intelligent, thoughtful, studious and reliable, Dafins fits the bill perfectly. A little light in weight he more than makes up for that on the field showing good agility and awareness to beat off his blocker. Equally adept at pass blocking as in opening up running lanes he was too good to pass up on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
    alen1 likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    With their next pick, the Hooligans select Padre31, MLB, I Will Outsmart U

An absolute steal for the Hooligans, Padre stands at 6'4, 272 lbs and is a great contributor to the boards. Padre is known for his intelligent play and great tackling abilities at ThePhins.com as he tackled many members opinions. He finished his senior season with 4,912 tackles.

Introduction to Team (mugshot):

[​IMG]

Whitedolphin54 likes this.
  9. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    With the 7th pick in whatever round we're in, my team, whatever their called selects: CVass CB San Diego State

Big E likes this.
  10. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Before we announce our next picks, we'd like to make a few corrections to the universities that players has attended. It has come to our attention that WharfRat is also an alum of Ohio State (of which I have recently turned in my secondary for med school). Likewise Sethdaddy8 is of Rutgers and Clumpy of SUNY at Buffalo (to which I have also applied to). And we would like to take the chance to recognize them.

And now that you have finished booing their universities (or applauding :up:), with our 11th round pick, Ricky Williams' Secret SoCal Stash is proud to select Nabocane, CB, Washington. Nabocane is an excellent stalker so he'll be more than adept at stalking opponent WR's in the field and shutting them down. We're very pleased to have him on board and it's a wonder how he lasted so long.

Phinperor and HardKoreXXX like this.
  11. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    With our 12th round pick, Ricky Williams' Secret SoCal Stash will select Ohiophinphan, Offensive Coordinator, University of South Florida. What more can I say? He's the forum chaplain and a pastor. A truly pious man of the cloth. Plus, I went to a Lutheran school for kindergarden to 2nd grade so I know these guys are good. He'll be callin' Hail Mary's left and right. And you can't stop it. That's right, we have God on our side now. GAME OVER.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
    HardKoreXXX and Phinperor like this.
  12. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    With the 2nd pick in round 12, Ronnie Brown's Town selects: jason8er, C, I Will Break U

Well at 6'5" and 310 with the ability and leadership of Dwight Stephenson and the mean streak of Charles Manson, my team needed a center they could get behind and who wouldnt enjoy it too much. Looks like we found that guy. :hi5:

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Roger Goodell:With the third pick in the twelfth round, the Mexico City Hooligans select jdang307, CB, Dang U

Trey Wingo: Lets see why the Hooligans selected J by bringing in Hooligans head coach Alen.

Trey Wingo: Hello Alen. How are you today? Why the selection of jdang307?

Alen: Hello, thank you for having me. We selected jdang307 because we feel that he is the best player available right now and fits a need at the Cornerback spot. In this league, you need a surplus of Cornerbacks to stay competitive and J will be a key piece in that buildup.

Trey Wingo: Was he brought in for a workout or did you not meet with him?

Alen: Yes, he was in for a workout on March 19th I believe.

Trey Wingo: When did you know you wanted to get this prospect?

Alen: We knew right after his workout that he would be a target of ours. When we worked out J, he was very impressive in the drills and was very smooth on his cuts.

Trey Wingo: Last question before we have to let you go, how soon will J play?

Alen: J will be playing for us as soon as possible, likely week one.

Trey Wingo: Thank you Alen, it has been a pleasure talking with you and wish you the best through the rest of the draft.

Alen: Alright, thank you for having me.

*Alen goes off camera*

14. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    WhiteDolphin PM'd his pick to Griddles who then PM'd the pick to me since neither we're going to be around today so with that said...

The Compton Misfitz select....MNFinfan, LT

Bpk likes this.
  15. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    With the next pick, Gotham needs another dominant wide receiver. We need someone who KNOWS he is better than the competition. Only one man for that job.

The People That Matter of Gotham City select....

His'nBeatYour'n - WR - Home schooled
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the team His'n. Your mad skills will make you a fan favorite. Also, don't forget to bring a towel.

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    with the 14th pick in the 12th round.....the palm beach sick faulkers send they're owners pool cleaner out with the next pick....

--antonio--
    with the next pick in this draft......we select.....Alex44....because he asked to be picked, and we ran out of people on our draft board.....

here was a quote printed in every news paper in norway....

"How about drafting me? :lol:

I play every position, can coach, and can blow cold air on all the other players giving the whole team a boost"

he can blow cold air on the team....i guess that means he has sub-zero lung capacity....so alex you will literally play every position on the field that's needed......and will cool down the power-aide on the sidelines.....

yes, power-aide......we are budgeting to pay Mor's salary....

speaking of budgiting, with "antartica alex" now on our team....the owner sickfinfan is taking away all fans from the sidelines during games.....alex can just blow everyone.........

ummmm.......yeah......uhhh....griddles is on the clock

Alex44 and Big E like this.
  17. Whitedolphin54

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    When you talk about a LT then you are talking about someone who is strong, quick and reliable. When this guy posts he has all those attributes. He also gives off this feeling of warmth and friendliness when you read his posts, always making you feel part of the family here.

Would probably be more at home being a MLB with his Zach Thomas looks, but I need a rock at LT, and this bloke is as solid as they come, a Brit too.

It gives me great pleasure in announcing that with this pick the Misfitz pick,

MNFINFAN LT;

6’ 5” 323 lbs The Cheshire cat’s School for Wayward Boys

Welcome to the team Paul :hi5:

18. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well I got pretty confused thinking that gish was on the clock the entire time......

With the next selection, the Angry Beavers select
    Skeet84, LB, University of Florida!

Skeet84 is well known for college football knowledge and even though this is a step up from the minors, we're sure he'll do well as an Angry Beaver. A C2C stand out known for his punishing hits as a halfback, he'll be suiting up as a linebacker as our final starting linebacker. With outcasts unluckyluciano and opfinistic manning the two linebacker spots, we added our third and final linebacker with hopes that he'll up his mean streak under the care of lucky and opy.

Sure, it's not the Gators... it's better!

Big E likes this.
  19. Samphin

I take PMZQ, OC

20. Samphin

Oh I also take 124, S, Stupid gross New York Jets University

21. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With the next selection, the Angry Beavers select...

FinSane, DE, Villain University

22. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    with the next pick.......the sick faulkers select.....

tokyofishfan from "i hope he wasn't selected already U"

note: alex44 is from "blow pop u"

TokyoFishFan likes this.
  23. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    With this selection, we mark the half way point of this speediness-challenged draft.

I have more than one goal to accomplish here. I need to bolster my secondary. And I also need to disable an entire team at the same time. I've pondered, and pondered, and then I pondered a little more. This pick needs to be deadly. This pick needs to be a multitasker. And I'm certain that I've arrived on the perfect selection.

With their next selection, The People That Matter of Gotham City select...

Ricky's Pipe - SS - Sabotage U
    Season Ticket Holder
    [​IMG]

Without Ricky's Pipe, the SoCal Stash is useless. They will all be walking around totally sober and in tune with reality. Amidst the confusion, Ricky's Pipe will catch them off guard, throwing dense clouds of smoke all over the field to distract them from the game. The Pipe will also spray thick tar-like resin all over any players who happen to be wearing a visor.

Welcome to the team Pipe of Destiny!

24. Whitedolphin54

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    The Misfitz pick

Xiidaen Grd N.e.ware U

Continuing their selections of intelligent, reliable and trustworthy performers on the O line, this guy weighs in at 315 and is a solid pass blocker. He also brings leadership to the line and team in general.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    With their next pick, the Mexico City Hooligans select Slickj101, OLB, I Own U

Mike Tirico: The Hooligans got a steal here. A lot of teams passed up on a great talent that is a heavy contributor to ThePhins.com. Slick will light you up literally and verbally. He has been known to crush opponents one sentence at a time on ThePhins.com with 1,291 keyboard-crushing tackles in nine months of play. He's an outstanding Linebacker that has talent reminiscent of Keith Bulluck. He, like Bulluck, flys under the radar but is very productive and one of the best at his position. Slick has also been known for talking-trash on the field, saying "I'm back, I'm back like cooked crack" after returning from an injury and lighting up Receivers that came his way in week 6 of the 2008 NFL regular season.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    slickj101 likes this.
  26. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    With the 7th pick in the 13th round Ronnie Brown's Town selects: Disgustipate ROLB Hitman U.

We simply wanted a LB who hits opponents as hard as his words hit his forum oppositions! Light em up JT Jr. :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  27. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    With the 8th pick in the 13th round, Ricky Williams' Secret SoCal Stash selects Mike13, OG, FIU. Mike's a solid guy and a blue-chip performer who chips in when he can. He's also a self-described pompous *** so we'll be glad if he gets under opponent's skins.

28. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    With the 1st pick in the 14th round, Ricky Williams' Secret SoCal Stash selects another piece of trash who gets under people's skin to fill the other OG spot, Darkoak. He may have damn liberal ideas but hey, he'll get under Section's skin so I'll have to deal with it like Parcells dealt with TO (who's slightly less annoying). He will confront anyone and sometimes everyone. So we might have to find a way to get past the unnecessary roughness calls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

29. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    With the 2nd pick in round 14 Ronnie Brown's Town Selects: FinFanSince72, LG, Disagreeing With U.

Definitely wanted some toughness on the interior OL and FFS72 provides that in bunches so we're excited to find a nice value this late.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  30. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Roger Goodell: With their next pick, the Mexico City Hooligans select Stringer Bell, WR, I love U Allen Bailey.

Kiper Jr.: Bell is a very talented Wide Receiver who hauled in 1,405 yards on 292 catches in his Senior season at ILUAB and will be a first stringer with the Hooligans. He and Aqua will have a major contributions to an already high-powered offense that includes very talented and franchise QB Phunwin.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  31. Whitedolphin54

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    With our next pick the Compton Misfitz pick

Chrisko DT/DE 307 lb Texas A and M

Whassup Chrisko. He is a fellow member of "The Wall" and I look forward to teaming up again.

32. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    The next Person that Matters has made it known that he wants to be drafted. And he has also shown his true dedication to the game.

This is the type of player is I want lining up at tight end. I want to know that if I stop giving him the ball, he will put me in my place. This will force me to keep my offense honest, and continue to dominate in all phases. It's time for me to acquire my final offensive playmaker.

The People that Matter of Gotham City select

Fin-Omenal - TE - University of Severely Underprivileged Kings (USUK)
    Dominant Performer
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the team Fin-O! Now get out there and tell Muck how open you are. :knucks:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  33. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    next pick in this ridiculous draft.....

the sick faulkers select........

colorado dolfan OLB -- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO

Colorado Dolfan and Big E like this.
  34. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With the next selection of ThePhins.com Draft, the Angry Beavers select...

ASUFinFan, CB, Arizona State

Another member of C2C joins the defense with free safety Stitches and linebacker Skeet84. This blazing fast cornerback will likely take plays off, but his high risk could possibly result in high reward. He has claimed to run a 4.54 at one time, but judging by his C2C results, he can play... if he wants to. ASUFinFan will look to play next to shutdown corner, byroan, as the number two ball hawking cornerback.

35. Samphin

Having woken up from a deep sleep, I am amazaed that this thing is still going on.

Seeing as how all the good posters have been picked ions ago, my strategy is to pick the best of the worst.

With the next pick of whatever endless round this is, the NOR CAL WHOOP TOOSHIES select: Quelonio, RB, Mexicali

He is Mexican, of course he can run like the wind...

Besides, he has been avoiding the INS agents for years, some piddly defenders don't stand a chance...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  36. Samphin

Banking on the, "everybody is stupid but me," theory, the Whoop Tooshies' GM can't help but smile as he pulls the next plumb out of his butt.

With the next pick, the NOR CAL WHOOP TOOSHIES select: Rick 1966, CB, John Wayne U.

The self proclaimed "professional hip shooter," will now be put to the test. Hip shooters react to what they see and here, much like a cornerback should. Rick may be 42 years old, but he feels younger at heart.

someone else is on the clock.

37. GridIronKing34

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    With the next selection, someone else selects...

DevilFin13, TE, Sunshine State U

38. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    we draft

sking29 cornerback "I got my hash-pipe University"

Colorado Dolfan, GISH and sking29 like this.
  39. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    When thinking of people that matter, one must find a way to separate the strong from the weak. This next poster has provided this forum with such a method. This poster gave us the Dolphins Survivor? thread. I'm still not sure why it was a question; but nevertheless, that thread was epic. This poster shall serve as free safety for the People That Matter. He will roam the field, searching out the weak. One hit will likely land you on IR, or at least give you a mind numbing concussion.

The People That Matter of Gotham City select....

MonstBlitz - FS - Eliminate U
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the team MonstBlitz. Needless to say, you will be blitzing a lot. You will be paid per injury you inflict. IR=$3million, Out More than 8 weeks=$1.5million, Out 4-8 weeks=$1million, Out 1-3 weeks=$750K, Out less than one game=$250K per quarter. This goes for all players that you injure, regardless of position.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
    MonstBlitz likes this.
  40. Whitedolphin54

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    The only guy on here that I have actually met is the next pick of the Misfitz

Commonly known as the "Gillingham Griller" this hard hitting FS comes from dear old blighty

JT99 FS 212 lbs F U