1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Dolphins vs. Cowboys Hall of Fame Game thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I think Dion Jordan better be an impact player. He certainly has the size and speed to be one. When you dump a 2nd round pick, trade up to take a guy that would likely have been there anyhow and if not, Jarvis Jones from the SEC who IMO will have the better career to address a position that is one of the strengths of your team, while ignoring the tackle position where you have a huge hole after you just spent mucho money trying to upgrade the offense.... I understand he probably thought he had Bradon Albert in the bag and knowing what he knows now that he indeed did not have Brandon Albert in the bag, he may take Lane Johnson in hindsight.

Dion Jordan better be a stud or a GM would like kind of dumb, wouldn't he?? Especially if Left Tackle becomes the liability it might become.

2. 72 Dolphins

72 Dolphins New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Very well said - He could have been the greatest ever. He wasn't.

Great Passer - Average QB.

3. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    This is remarkable.

There was virtually no chance whatsoever that Dion Jordan was gonna drop to us. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  4. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    You can leave out the "virtually". There was no chance.

5. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    This is what we mean by lack of evidence. You can't just post so matter-of-factly while simultaneously trying to advertise your "gut feelings" as a credible source.

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Where are these measurements for Lamar Miller? I'm seeing 5'11" at the combine. 212lbs weighed in.

Now, how accurate are weights after the combine? I've seen so many variations.

Is Miller Warrick Dunn small? Of course not. But one pre-draft scouting report I read said Miller's at risk of being hurt because he does run with a power back style, but doesn't have power back size. It is a concern.

I'm showing Ricky Williams' combine results (from a few sites) as 5'11" 244 lbs. So yeah, Miller is MUCH smaller than Ricky at the combine.

Remember, Longhorn Ricky was very beefy. Perhaps you guys are thinking Holistic Ricky who was more svelte.

[​IMG]

Lol, But I jest. He was overweight and lost 20 lbs quickly. So his playing weight was probably around 230 for sure.

I'm no physiologist, but 10-15 lbs on a well tuned body is quite a difference I would think.

7. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    It's so refreshing to be arguing about football instead of about George Zimmerman.

8. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Lamar Miller does not weight 212 pounds now.

He is above 220 and is asked to play at 218-220.

9. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Looking at the game yesterday and Miller specifically from front and behind he's not built like a Ricky that's 100% sure. He looks normal. He's not Warrick Dunn small but he's no MJD. Maybe a taller Ray Rice. I'm not concerned about his durability. He looks strong enough to handle any type of running. But if someone is concerned about it, I wouldn't throw rotten fruit and veggies at them. Many draft reports questioned his upright running style and strength to withstand the punishment with that style.

10. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I think we have covered enough ground on last night's game, Lamar Miller, and whether Dan Marino is a great QB or not. There's probably enough stuff here to merit points for a bunch of members, but in the interest of the preseason I'm going to close the thread and hope we can all move on with our lives. Please stop with the off-topic sniping and baiting - if you see an issue report it.

Paul 13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.