1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Dolphins Vs Cowboys Game Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Alex44, Aug 23, 2014.

1. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Channing, Madison, and (before he left) Jesse, should be our crew.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Not sure if already posted, but on the Tannehill interception:
    At least he acknowledges it...
    Other stuff there too.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...n-was-stupid-decision-20140823,0,691699.story

dolfan22 and DPlus47 like this.
  3. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Not many that I can recall, so I would say that is overblown. Just angst.

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah, I don't know why either... the first two games, we (on the NFL.com feed) got the home teams (Falcons and TB) announcers... this game, I figured we'd have our Dolphin announcers for the whole game, but they switched during the second quarter.. we didn't even get a half.

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    they may be idiots.. but they are OUR IDIOTS! :lol:

DPlus47 likes this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    because you have to see the deep ball, the only way you can measure your throw is by seeing the receiver.

7. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Absolutely correct.

Not sure who it was that turned the lights off on the Dolphins crew but it was the right decision.
    Griese is such a fool in the booth.After his babbling with Bo on the sideline (which made no sense) I was going to hit the mute button anyway.
    Lay off the juice before game time, Bob. :beer:

8. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    If you're on FB write them on their page about or send them a message like I did:

https://www.facebook.com/Watch.NFL.Preseason.Football.LiveStream

MrClean likes this.
  9. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    It wasn't the right decision. Some of us want to hear coverage that favors our own team. I'm tired of hearing other teams coverage. On home games, we're entitled to it.

cuchulainn, dolfan22 and MrClean like this.
  10. flugtager

flugtager New Member

Aug 23, 2014
    West Palm Beach
    I have PTSD since 2008 regarding our offense, but there's something about gaining that many yards and putting up that few points that makes me uneasy.

11. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    MrClean and Ronnie Bass like this.
  12. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    Cool, will copy and paste my response to them in an email then, THEY WILL HEAR MY WRATH!! One way or the other.

Rocky Raccoon, MrClean and Paul 13 like this.
  13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I actually look forward to them doing the preseason games every yr, the botched names, the cliche', the almost drunken incoherent rambles..ahh..football is almost here

14. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Griese said either Eastern or Northern Illinois. So what? Romo went to Eastern. The announcers in last week's game called Ellerbe, Daniel, too. They also told us correctly, when several various other substitutions were made. When the incomplete pass, that was almost a lateral was talked about on replay, they got it right. They give the names of who is making the tackles, even if they pronounce one wrong sometimes. The Cowboys announcers never say which Dolphins players make a tackle, are in pass coverage, etc. The Cowboys feed never replayed and talked about positive Dolphins plays, except the TDs. When we had a good run play, they never replayed it, and discussed the blocking. Early in the game, our announcers and feed did do this.

When the Falcons and Bucs announcers did in game sideline interviews, the booth crew at least kept up with the game being played a little. The Cowboys feed gave us a damned split screen, and no mention on what was happening in the game. While interviewing Carr, the Cowboys ended up getting back up 10-15 yards with no mention of how or why. Glad you liked it though. :pity:

DPlus47 likes this.
  15. MrClean

I called that number, and the person I talked to said they do not control that, the NFL does. They may switch feeds sometimes, if they think they are getting better audio from one or the other. I was told to go to the nfl.com main page, scroll to the bottom and click on the contact link on the left. Send them feedback. That is the only way, I was told, to contact the NFL directly.

byroan and Ronnie Bass like this.
  16. Ronnie Bass

Dec 19, 2007
    That tells me that someone in the NFL offices don't care for the Dolphins crew one bit...they must have found to be terrible to switch off them after just one quarter...I bet that wasn't planned.

17. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    @AbramsonPBP: PFF #Dolphins top offensive players vs Dallas: Branden Albert (+3.3), Mike Wallace (+1.8), RB Damien Williams (+1.6), Billy Turner (+1.4)

@AbramsonPBP: PFF #Dolphins bottom offensive players vs. Dallas: Matt Moore (-2.8), Ja’Wuan James (-2.4), Ryan Tannehill (-2.3), Daryn Colledge (-2.2)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

18. byroan

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    @AbramsonPBP: PFF #Dolphins top D players vs Dallas: Cam Wake (+3.1), Dion Jordan (+3.1), Jamar Taylor (+1.4), Reshad Jones (+1.2), Jason Trusnik (+0.9)

@AbramsonPBP: PFF #Dolphins bottom D players vs Dallas: Philip Wheeler (-1.4), Will Davis (-1.4), Brent Grimes, Mims, Garrison Smith, Steven Clarke (-0.9)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

19. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Seems fair.

20. MrClean

I don't think Wheeler was our worst defender in that game. I thought it was one of his better games since he's been here. He was getting good pressure on the passer on several plays.

CWBIII likes this.
  21. PhinFan1968

They have him positive for pass rush, negative everywhere else. Really bad in coverage, below average in run D.

22. PhinFan1968

And D. Jordan, although against non-starters, graded very well in pass rush and run defense, with 2 QB hits, 1 QB hurry, 1 tackle.

23. MrClean

Yet in coverage they have him as thrown at 2 times, allowing 1 completion for 6 yards, which is a 56.3 passer rating.

24. MrClean

Jordan played in the 1st half, so he was going against Tyron Smith at least part of his snaps.

25. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    He had a good game applying pressure but he has a problem actually taking the QB down. He comes flying in, out of control and whiffs the QB. The disruption is usually enough to cause am incompletion or a sack for Vernon who always seems to be the 2nd guy in.

26. PhinFan1968

Gotta keep in mind, they grade all plays, even if negated or incomplete, etc. You gotta apply team/game-specific context as needed to get the whole picture. And passer rating's not a good stat for context, especially in really small samples.

27. MrClean

Those that are thrown incomplete into a player's coverage are factored into the passer rating into his coverage. The plays where the ball is not thrown at all, because the coverage was too tight, or the QB just did not see the receiver, or did see the receiver, and chose to go elsewhere with the pass, would not. I just completed rewatching the game. NFLN kept it on the Miami feed for the entire game, unlike the stream on NFL.com. Hallelujah. Or Halle Berry. :shifty: Anyway, I was pretty satisfied with Wheeler in that game. He generated a lot of pressure rushing the passer. No sacks recorded, but would have had one on a play where Wake got one, but Wake beat him there by a nanosecond. At real speed it looked like all three, Wake, Wheeler and Odrick got there at the same time, but the replay showed Wake was there first. He flushed Romo for the sack Vernon got. Did a good job of avoiding the blocking back in the process. He had another pressure where he avoided a blocking back, flushed the QB to the left and he and Jordan combined to hit the QB just as the pass was thrown. He was constantly flying around the field. I was basically more satisfied than not with Wheeler's effort.

I'll tell ya what, after seeing both the Miami feed for the entire game such as NFLN gave us on their replay, and seeing the stream on nfl.com that switched to the Dallas feed with 4:06 left in the 2nd quarter, I do not know how any Dolphins fan could have preferred the latter. Even if it was because of the announcers, then mute them, and Miami's feed was like the difference between night and day better. That wasn't directed to you specifically, just a general comment, to whom it may concern.

CWBIII likes this.