1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***OFFICIAL*** confirmed new logo poll

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Mar 27, 2013.

What do you think of the new logo?

1. I freaking love it!

33.5%
  2. It is good but still room for improvement.

34.3%
  3. It sucks.

16.3%
  4. Meh, I don't care either way.

7.7%
  5. At least it isn't wearing a helmet.

8.2%
  1. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    [video=youtube_share;BRgdyexqBAM]http://youtu.be/BRgdyexqBAM?t=1m19s[/video]

2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The tail wrap is one of my favorite parts of the new logo (and something I've heard many others mention too). I would have hated one of those slug looks. You're definitely in the minority b/c most people seem to say they prefer the way it looks on the helmet.

Hurricane and Hellion like this.
  3. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    What am I checking out? Twitter, Facebook and the website were all updated with the logo right after it came out.

4. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    You mean here at this place,right?

NCFINFAN and Kud_II like this.
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

Good to hear!

I still would've preferred none at all, but this should be better than I had anticipated.

6. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I know what you mean. I heard Sedano dissing the new logo because it looks too much like a whale. It should look like a whale. Dolphins are whales.

7. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    It only looks like a whale to certifiable ******s.

Dolphins are mammals, like whales. However, dolphins are not whales.

8. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

All dolphins are whales. However, not all whales are dolphins.

9. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    I voted "It Sucks" but only because it was the only "I don't like it" option to the two "I like it" options.

My feelings are more "Liked the old one better and there is no real reason to change it"

I would probably like it better if the nose was pointed at 1 o'clock, so it looked more like it was jumping than swimming.

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No, in the few instances I've seen elsewhere that people see the logo on the helmet, the way the tail wraps around and the way the logo fills the space are the most common and only specific compliments.

54Fins likes this.
  11. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I wouldnt say 25-50-25... closer to 15-70-15

rafael likes this.
  12. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    You be trippin. The old logo was 10x better. The older logos were 100x better. They keep getting worse every time they touch the damn thing.

It's pretty bad when a Dolphin with a helmet on looks tougher than the "new" one without it. It's hard for me to even look at that thing.

Seriously, I've seen a lot more negative feedback via facebook/twitter and other places from Dolphins fans. This site might be the only place the majority likes it.

NCFINFAN and 54Fins like this.
  13. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/28/3309870/miami-dolphins-jared-odrick-sports.html

try again.

14. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Are they really going to wrap the tail around the back of the helmet?
    That was initially what I didn't like about the concept.
    It looks ridiculous. Way too extended. The smaller the logo is the better it looks IMO.
    Right when I start to get on board they have to do something gay as hell to ruin it.

15. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    djphinfan likes this.
  16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I tend to agree with this sentiment until that last thought.

17. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
  18. CANDolphan

Feb 18, 2012
    Not a single mock up has show then tail wrapping around the helmet. Not sure where that rumor started

19. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Makes me embarrassed to be a Dolphins fan. Part of the reason I became a Dolphins fan when I was young was because I fell in love with the logo.

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    They all do. It follows the curve of the helmet. That's what I and others like and what a few here are complaining about.

21. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    From the bottom of my heart, I truly hope your ole lady does your clothes shopping for you. :lol:

Aqua4Ever04 and inFINSible like this.
  22. CANDolphan

Feb 18, 2012
    No they don't. You must be operating on a different definition than I am, but wrapping around the helmet means it connects to the other side. None of them do it. The real logo doesn't do it. The Seahawk helmet does it, not the Miami helmet.

It'd be impossible considering the aqua vertical stripe with the black and orange outline, as has been discussed since the moment we started talking about the uniforms.

23. Let's hope it was to make all the trim in Navy. Navy has been one of our colors for 16 years, we are supposed to be moving forward, not moving backwards. Aqua, navy, orange and white are awesome. The navy is what sets it off.

24. If the navy is more navy and less light blue to show contrast like most of the mocks it will be awesome, but I still see a few around that have aqua and dark aqua which really doesn't look nearly as good. If the mock crazy is showing is the real thing (aqua helmet, navy trim) we will have one of the best looking uniforms in the league. It HAS to have navy or it is a total loss.

25. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's what I was explaining. The tail follows the curve of the helmet and that's what I like and what some people are complaining about and calling a wrap. Nobody is talking about wrap as you're defining it.

26. I think what crazy was making clear was the the fin doesn't wrap around to the back of the helmet. It turns up which allows the fin to stay on the side rather than wrapping around to the back.

27. Fishweiser

Fishweiser New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I kinda like the new logo now more than I did to start. I think it would look better maybe if they turned it clockwise a little. Maybe instead of having the snout at 2 o'clock, turn it to where its at the 3 or 4 o'clock position. Im not against the dolphin looking like its swimming either. With that, if they had to go with an upturned tail, I think if they configured the tail to look like the dolphin just swam a sharp, almost 180 degree, slightly downward turn, it would be better. It might give it a more aggressive look as if it were hunting its prey.

28. P h i N s A N i T y

P h i N s A N i T y My Porpoise in Life

Apr 19, 2012
    Treasure Coast, FL
    The poll gives one conclusion.... the responses give another....... If you read this whole thread without looking at the poll you'd think it was unanimous the other way..... But look at that, the majority really likes the new logo.

My conclusion: The Outspoken minority, always complaining about everything. Usual Suspects.:wink2:

arsenal and djphinfan like this.
  29. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Jesse posted a new old style 47 Brand hat with the new logo. I love it. Major thing with this logo is that it isn't constrained height wise. Because of the tail on the old logo there was only so tall and so wide it could be on a hat, especially a floppy hat. Not anymore. Those constraints are gone and it looks great.

[​IMG]

30. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Agreed especially on the helmet.
    The conversations always amazed me that people didnt get it.
    It makes perfect sense.
    You looked at the old logo and I don't care if you followed the NFL at all you'd know that it represented an american football team named the Dolphins.
    Some people would always say "well you don't see other teams with a helmet on their mascot" and I'd always point out that's whats genius and unique about the logo that was originally designed.

This new one could not be more basic, unimaginative and sterile.

It is what it is though and it's a done deal unfortunately.

My one question is when will some tool first claim the logo change is what is causing us to win next year while that same tool ignores all logic and changes to the roster? You know it's coming....

31. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    You know what? No matter who you are you still look at this and know it is the Dolphins. I showed the logo to a group of 4 year old kids. I said what team is this and they instanty said Dolphins. Every single kid said it.

The excuse that it isn't recognizable as a brand without the helmet holds no water.

32. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'm curious to see what the entire new home game Dolphins logo experience looks like. New uniforms, and new logo all around the stadium. I hope it's something we can be proud of.

33. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas