1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official ATP/WTA Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by CaribPhin, Sep 1, 2017.

1. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

So I know it's very late in the season with the last major already under way, but I wanted to give a tennis thread a try. Since the sport doesn't really have a traditional season/off-season calendar, there are always tournaments and performances to talk about, and the Australian Open is pretty much right around the corner as the first major of 2018.

Is anyone following the US Open right now. I'm all-in on Nadal since he's my favorite tennis player of all-time. Federer is looking pretty shaky early on and a lot of the young guns have already lost (Zverev, Kyrgios, Tiafoe, and Dimitrov). If Federer isn't able to pull it together, it looks like it'll be a Nadal win going away. Thiem is always a potential matchup problem and that Shapovalov kid is looking like a legitimate player as of late though.

No offense to the WTA but the women's draw is uninteresting without the usual narrative of Serena v. the field. They really need to find a way to get that tour more exciting. Right now they seem to just be going with the controversy of allowing Sharapova back in (playing all matches on center court no less) to the tour.

2. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I actually enjoy wta more. Simona Halep is my favorite player in wta but she always chokes when the Finals are there and she was already bounced by the doper. Then there other girls that i like to follow like konta, pliskova, ostapenko, kvitova, Azarenka. Dont really care much for the williams sisters i actually find it more competitive now without serena.