1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

****Official 2010 New York Yankees Thread***

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by BigDogsHunt, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Word is the Yankees and Girardi have agreed on a 3 year 9 million dollar deal. No one is happier than Sergio Mirte.

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Yep, the ink is dried

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...es.girardi/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz13fuuXjQW

he was not going anywhere once the Cubs signed a manager, no leverage.

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Any thoughts on the Rangers owner ripping Yankee fans? MLB front offices aren't happy with him right now and made him apologize to the Yankee brass.

Personally I think Greenberg should just shut up as he's been an owner for about 15 minutes now. Again in every fan base there are both good and bad fans.

4. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what did he say?

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5752715"]Rangers CEO Chuck Greenberg: New York Yankees fans an 'embarrassment' - ESPN[/ame]

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Greenberg should be ripping his team for getting whitewashed on the biggest stage in baseabll...

7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Or how the Texas PA announcer had to tell the crowd to get loud because FOX was coming back from a commercial during the pre game show and before the game started?

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Right, so once again...as usual, it is very convenient to straddle the fence and talk out both sides of your mouth.

It was "Predictable" the way that the idiot $kankee fans treated the players, and even their wives, but now that you have a chance to jump on Greenburg, its easy to straddle the fence and look on the other side?

Which way is it? Are the fans (Obviously he was being general, he doesnt have the time to single out 100,000 fans) generally well behaved, or.... not so much so? That is pretty damn easy call considering the things I saw, read and heard.

You have a link? I personally see a picture of Greenburg, on his knees, kissing a huge nYy...... I have a really funny feeling that's not exactly what took place

Translated:
    Your pissed cause Greenburg did much more with much less than the Bosox have done in ? 80 years?

Just sayin........

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I don't think it was even remotely appropriate, for a MLB owner, given the time and setting (the day of Game 5 of the World Series) for him to make a public comment like that. If he had a beef with what happened he should have went to the MLB offices and the Yankee front offices privately. What's the point of making it public like that? There's no point in doing so. There's nothing positive that can come out of it.

I'm not defending Yankee fans here by any means. Obviously I don't think it's ok for them to act like that. And I'd say the majority of Yankee fans (and fans everywhere) don't act like that. There's always going to be a bunch of idiots at the park that say/do stupid stuff like that. But believe it or not it's not everyone.

But I'd LOVE to know how I'm straddling the fence and talking out of both sides of my mouth. Please explain. It seems like you try way too hard to read between the lines of stuff that I just don't say/write. You're looking too hard for things that just aren't there.

No I don't have a link because I heard it from a reporter (I think it was Heyman) on the radio. And considering Greenberg apologized and the Yankees made it clear they were going to respect the commissioner's office and not commenting on it tells you all you need to know. I'm not sure how the MLB fronts could be happy about something like that. It's not good for business.

Translated:
    You have no point and that makes zero sense what so ever. Seriously, that comment is just as dumb and has nothing to do with the topic being discussed, nice try though. Wherever you got your translator you should return it and get your money back, it seems like it's broken and obviously not working correctly.

10. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    This seems fitting to close the thread.....

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...04&content_id=16004176&vkey=news_nyy&c_id=nyy

Another member of Yankees royalty has passed, this one a King. The man who served Yankees principal owner George Steinbrenner as coach, manager, general manager and general repairman, Clyde King has died. A former big league pitcher who swore he once used bubble gum to strike out Willie Mays, King died on Tuesday in North Carolina, the state where he spent most of his 86 years. He had been hospitalized for two weeks.

King liked to tell of how he disposed of Mays in 1951 -- Mays' rookie season -- with a breaking ball that befuddled the Giants' center fielder. King swore he stuck a piece of bubble gum to the ball before he threw it and Mays walked from the plate to the dugout shaking his head. However, there is no record of Mays striking out in his five career at-bats against King.

King also said he wore his cap cocked to his left so that a runner on first base would think he was paying close attention to him. Others recalled King using that tactic, but none recalled whether it was effective.

A gentle man with an easy laugh, King was widely regarded as the player who founded the Baseball Chapel.

King's death is the fourth of a high-profile Yankee since mid-July. Steinbrenner, public-address announcer Bob Sheppard and former manager Ralph Houk also died in the interim.