1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offical 24: Day 8 thread

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Jt0323, Jan 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Wow, Jack is a cursed man and Chloe's temp promotion is well deserved.

Just when you thought Jack is going to be happy. Bamm, they kill off Renee. I really liked her character.

2. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    jeez. poor jack. saddest episode i can remember.

great episode all around. great drama. you just know pres. taylor was making a deal with the devil and its not going to go well. i really loved the exchange between the two characters

gunn34 likes this.
  3. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Agreed. Great episode all around.

The exchange between Taylor and Logan was brilliant. How Taylor started off with the upper hand and then slowly realized Logan had her over a barrel was amazing.

4. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Nothing really happened that was exciting except in the last 15 minutes or so starting with the Logan/Taylor exchange and then of course the sniper shooting.

And yes I agree I think the writers knew that this was going to be the last season around the time they were writing this episode since I don't think they would have killed Renee off otherwise. Two silent clocks in a row is pretty bad ***.

I don't know, I still think it's the 2nd worst season behind Season 6. Yes the past couple of episodes have been pretty good but overall this season has been a bit disappointing, especially when you compare it the past 7 seasons. Just too many rehashed story lines and not enough Jack being Jack. At least in my opinion anyway.

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I feel bad for Jack. I think he go's on a rampage now.

6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    what on earth is logan going to offer suvarov?

7. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    maybe somehow he's connected to the whole thing and trying to clear his name :dunno:

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Maybe Logan has information that connects Suvarov with the bad guys who killed Hassan? Heck maybe Logan is involved and just wants to stick his nose in it. Also I'm sure Logan's assistant will be up to something, they didn't introduce as to him to us to waste 10 seconds.

9. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Can one ******* character I like survive for once?! Outside of Jack of course. Who knows, maybe they'll kill him too before it's said and done.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just a quick little note on the 24 Movie, Howard Gordon (ex. producer) has stated that any character that is still alive is being discussed for having a role on the movie. Obviously that makes sense, I'm still holding out hope Tony will make a return (stupid Jack and the FBI for arrested him), but I'd be surprised if they brought back anyone that hasn't been important to the show in the past season or 2.

maynard likes this.
  11. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Jack slapping around Dana was everything that's great about 24. Seriously bad *** Jack is back and it's great to see since we haven't seen him like this in three seasons. Pretty good episode and I have no clue where they're going to take the last 6 hours. I'm glad this season is finally picking up, hopefully the series ends with a bang.

12. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i was actually a bit down on this episode. im really tired of jack hijacking things and doing this whole routine. does it always have to be the outlaw?

logan is saving or ruining these episodes. his exchanges with taylor are great, but it wrecks the flow.

i agree, i have no clue where these next few episodes will go. i have no idea what the last episode will be about...i mean, not a clue

jack doesnt appear to be getting any sort of proof. maybe he will appeal to dhalia to get her to trust. theres a good thing brewing though with the fact that jack's goal and taylor's goal is the opposite. i really like ethan.

its clear that aside from plot and writing, the best seasons are dependent on the quality of the minor actors. there are very few bad actors this season. almost every person is a good actor at this point and are playing their roles well

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Well sure Jack stealing a helicopter/plane with the Air Force following him threatening to shoot him down has been done at least 2 other times but I'm honestly looking past all of rehashed storylines now that I know this is the last season.

I loved the stuff with Logan (I think he's 24's best baddie after Nina) and didn't think the flow was off.

And I do agree that the actors 24 used this season have been good (even if I didn't care about the characters much). 24 has almost always casted good actors during the run.

I'm starting to wonder when Aaron Pierce will be back in the fold, since he's been in every season of 24 so far, there's no way they could end the series without him popping up.

EDIT: Funniest moment of the episode was when the nurse gave Jack some shoes and a new bloodless shirt saying there were from an intern that should fit him.

14. Noodle Arm

Noodle Arm and you are?

Mar 6, 2010
    Orlando,FL
    Somebody needs to make a GIF of Jack smashing Dana's face on the table.

15. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    Or getting slapped silly!

16. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Kinda disappointed in this episode. The President's "peace at all costs" stance doesn't seem consistent with her character at all -- even earlier this season.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Nope not at all but they kind of backed themselves into a corner now and need something else for Jack to do for a little bit.

18. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    We're supposed to now believe that a president that sent her own daughter to jail for murder in the name of justice will turn her back on this murder in the name of a peace treaty that will be fragile at best. I don't like it either.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I agree too, it's way out of character but at least Ethan tried to somewhat explain why she was trying to sign this treaty at all costs since she has lost everything once she become the President.

Last night's episode was kind of dull as it was just a filler setting up the end of the season. I was pissed when Chloe tried to screw Jack over but it was awesome how Jack knew it and got Cole to agree to help him. It was also cool to see Michael Madsen in an episode, I wonder if he'll be back. EDIT: I just read that he's suppose to be in it for the rest of the season, which is great news.

Next week's episode looks good though and I still have no idea what Logan is really up too.

20. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    The President is really being played by Logan. I wonder what Jack's reaction will be when he finds out Logan is behind all of this. I also have a feeling Ethan is not going to just sit back and watch her presidency go down in flames. I'm not sure how he can save her at this point though.

21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Oh there better be a Jack/Logan showdown before the season ends.

22. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Was glad to see Ethan resign. *Finally* someone acts with logic and in keeping with their character.

23. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i really like the ethan character. i agree doc. its good to have static characters in this show. chole is one too

24. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i agree, but its plausible to me because she wants the peace deal so bad. kinda strange how she shut out ethan though. no doubt ethan will be trying to contact jack, imo

i dont know what logan is doing or really what he did. i just dont see what he was doing. was he so disillusioned that he became a russian agent? the guy just needs to be hanged. it would be great if jack killed him lol

25. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good episode tonight. Loved the way Jack took out the cops and then put an end to one of the worst characters in 24 history. I'm really not liking Chloe at all now that she's in charge. Next week's episode looks good too.

maynard likes this.
  26. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Classic 24 episode this week. No one can say that 24 isn't going out on a high note. Looks like next week's episode is going to be insane with Jack and Logan.

27. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I'm not sure I'm in love with the fact that Jack seems destined to end this show dead or in prison for the rest of his life. It was great seeing him make the sniper who killed Renee pay though. It will be great watching him get a hold of Logan as well.

28. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'm starting to think Jack will end up in jail as well. It would make sense too for setting up the future movie.

29. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    If the movie has been confirmed I guess it's safe to say Jack won't end up dead. So probably prison. President Taylor is likely going to leave office in disgrace. I don't see anything or anyone getting Jack out of some serious legal trouble. Nothing short of David Palmer rising from the grave, becoming president again, and pardoning him.

gunn34 likes this.
  30. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    maybe gitmo. then in the beginning of the movie a desperate president needs someone of skill to go off the grid overseas.

such a tired formula and i cant get enough of it

31. DrAstroZoom

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Wow. Jack has lost his damn mind, and I love it.

PSG, muscle979 and Pagan like this.
  32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That's my guess as well. Yeah it's a tired formula but once he starts cutting open people's stomachs again we won't care. :lol:

PSG and maynard like this.
  33. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Great line...

Russian: "Go to hell."
    Jack: "You first."

34. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    Is there any difference to what Jack's doing this season and what Tony did last season in season 7?

Everybody thinks Jack's a hero. Yet last year Tony was the goat.

I got into a very in depth discussion about this with the guys I work with.

If Jack's a hero, then so is Tony!

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Actually you're right, there isn't a real different. The only difference between what Tony did and what Jack's doing is that Jack didn't approve of Tony's actions, therefore he felt the need to stop him. Of course Tony did do some questionable activies before and during Season 7 (i.e. helped with the plane take down in the first few episodes, he helped the bad ones along the way, he killed some innocent guys like FBI Head Agent Moss). But really there isn't much difference, both men were out for revenge and would do whatever it took to do it. I wish Tony was still around.

I actually had a discussion with my friends about how Jack is flipping out over the loss of Renee when he didn't go as crazy or to this extreme over the death of his wife or other girlfriends and only knew Renee for not even a full 2 days. I guess you can say the stress of the job finally got to him but really if you think about it he really lost his mind. Of course if you think about anything too long with 24 you start finding plot holes.

Also where's Aaron Pierce at? Along with Jack, he's been in every season since the start. I find it hard to believe the writers won't bring him back for a brief cameo in the very least.

Eop05 likes this.
  36. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    More than two days passed between season 7 and 8. So he knew Renee longer than two days. Maybe they weren't in contact but they had time to think about each other or whatever. People can form a pretty strong bond in a relatively short amount of time experiencing such intense things together. Renee was the one who convinced Kim to save Jack's life. But really his breakdown over her doesn't mean he cared for her more or less than his wife and the others. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. Jack has been dealing with traumatic things for years. He snapped because he thought he was finally about to be left alone with someone he had come to care about. He thought he had done the right thing and that it had finally paid off to some degree. And then it was snatched away from him in an instant. It piles onto what he had already experienced. He snapped because of everything. Not just Renee.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  37. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I can buy that response. Good points. :up:

muscle979 likes this.
  38. Eop05

Eop05 Junior Member Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    NJ
    These were the points that were made by the guys here at work, which are valid, but,

My points are this:

-That was Tony's wife
    -Who was carrying his unborn child
    -Jack knew Renee for a month
    -Tony was out to uncover the conspiracies that led to hundreds of thousands of deaths and could've let to millions of deaths
    -Jack is out to uncover a conspiracy that led to one death and there is no forseeable threat of upcoming danger from the Russians
    -Jack also killed innocent men who were just doing their jobs ordered by the President of the USA. Granted, he didn't kill as many innocents, but he still did. And he's putting many lives in danger.

Don't get me wrong. I love Jack. But Tony was painted as an evil guy last season by most 24 fans. Jack is being painted as a hero this season

They should be viewed equally. That's all I ask of my fellow 24 fans. Tony is a hero

39. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Hey I'm agreeing with you that there's not a big difference between what Tony did and what Jack's doing now. I was just playing devil's advocate, listing the few differences between the two, but ultimately I think Jack is going to end up as Tony's cell mate.

Also Jack only 'knew' Renee for less than 2 days. It was both said on the show and confirmed by the writers that Jack met Renee during Season 7 and hadn't seen or talked to her until he saw her again in Season 8.

Eop05 likes this.
  40. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    holy crap..Bauer going after Logan was pure awesomeness