1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ochocinco/Tannehill Twitter conversation

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GridIronKing34, Jun 15, 2012.

1. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I like seeing the Twitter conversations between the NFL players, particularly, Dolphins players. Below is a small conversation between Chad Ochocinco and Ryan Tannehill that I thought everyone who isn't on the Twitter World would enjoy.

So much for those who say Ochocinco has a terrible work ethic. I don't know if he'll contribute as a #1 receiver or a #3 receiver but I think he'll prove to be a good signing especially for his price tag.

SCall13, Da 'Fins, Jaydog57 and 36 others like this.
  2. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    love this!

3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'm not a coffee guy either.

SCall13, Jaydog57, Trowa and 8 others like this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    You're missing out!

I never understood all the hate for Ochocinco. He's a cool guy.

TiP54 likes this.
  5. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I guess this means that Starbucks has replaced his stolen Gold card. Good for them

Da 'Fins and Anonymous like this.
  6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Has anyone ever said he had a terrible work ethic? From everything I've heard he works hard.

It's his freelancing ways that upsets some people.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, thing to keep in mind is he played with Carson Palmer for most of his career, that sort of relationship leads to free lancing.

What is more interesting is..he's not chatting up Garrard or MMoore...hmm..

Mexphin likes this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    $9 cup if coffee is 9 dollars.

9. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    His work ethic was never in question. He is a workout warrior. He often tweets out to other players regarding working out.

He also tweet ups with fans. He will take fans out to dinner, bowling, etc. he loves meeting up. Another thing that goes against the diva myth.

SCall13, Moves, Tone_E and 1 other person like this.
  10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Chad was always a hard worker during his time in Cincinnati. It's the stuff like being on Twitter 24/7, eating McDonald's every day (one of his rituals), his celebrations on the field, etc. that give people the perception that he's not a hard-worker in my opinion. Now, he's definitely not smart with his money, for example, there's a restaurant down the street from my apartment where if you went on a Friday night, you could see Chad's pink Cadillac parked out front. He'd pay for everybody in the restaurant's meal if you were sitting at a table when he got up to leave. But I think he's a very hard worker.

dolfan32323 likes this.
  11. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I also think it's very good that he's out there with Tannehill. When I worked for Anthony Munoz's office, we used to get to go on the field and watch Bengals training camp from the sidelines. He and Carson Palmer were so in-tune, they could simply look at one another and change a route or make an adjustment. They burned just about every DB the Bengals had, including Leon Hall and Jonathan Joseph, simply because they knew what the other was thinking. I'd like to think that can only be good for Chad and Tannehill.

12. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    So much for 6:30...this was around 8:20.

13. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    the more andmore I think about this, the more and more I see this as a positive signing.
    If the man puts in work day in and day out, he can do all the dancing in the endzone he wants to........... assuming he gets there.
    People really need to stop overstating the impace his td dances have.

14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    1) Where I come from that's called being classy.
    2) How do we know he isn't well invested?

15. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Lord have mercy! I can't open both eyes without a cup of joe in my hands...

See Below:

16. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Hopefully there was a phone call made the prior night. That's all you need is your QB pissed at you within a week of signing.

17. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    I have a feeling Ochocinco is going to be the kind of acquisition that Bush turned out to be.

18. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    The less-informed fans (those that get their information from mass media outlets) think so because that is what the media tells them to think... the ones that say he is a locker room cancer, etc.

Anonymous and djphinfan like this.
  19. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Now wouldnt it be something if we made a little noise with some castoffs (Bush for a late pick, Ocho for the vet min + incentives), a bunch of guys no one really wanted (Bess, Hartline, all the young wr's on the roster) and a good defense?

I like OCNN (his facebook is Ocho Cinco News Network) and I think he will be highly productive. Theres definitely something left in the tank based on what I saw last year.

20. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    I have a twitter account, I have followers and I follow others, but one thing I can't follow is the conversations on twitter, I have yet to figure this out and never have a clue who is talking to who. Frustrating.

So who is the coffee drinker out of the two and who is not?

21. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    Was thinking more along the lines of Irving Fryar, but yeah I do expect a good season out of him as well.

22. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I dont like coffee either.

23. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's the issue with Chad. He tends to be undisciplined in his route running despite being a hard worker. In certain systems that's simply a bad fit. In NE, for example, he never did much for that very reason (IMO). And outside of Welker their WR talent was thinner than what we have here. I expect that our system will require at least the same level of route precision as NE's does. I have always liked Chad. He was the guy I wanted in that draft where we got Chambers and I was happy for him fulfilling a childhood dream of signing with Miami, but I don't see him as a great fit here at this point. When he was younger, he got by due to his dynamic athleticism, but now his athleticism is average to below average and he isn't a great fundamental player. He's a low risk signing, so it's no big deal. I just don't see the odds of him making a significant contribution as all that good.

CWBIII likes this.
  24. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    His athleticism is actually one thing I've been trying to get a grasp of, so far it has boiled down to either he was not tasked with doing enough in NE to say, or he was done before he came to NE.

So basically, we'll have to wait and see what he has in the tank, Tory Holt was his age and vanished in Jville, then again Rice and Brown and even Fryar all still were highly productive. The one thing in his favor is no major knee injuries to this point which tends to be a good predictor of whether a vet will be productive or not.

25. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    My issue is that it may not matter. I expect that in Philbin/Shermer's system disciplined and consistent route running is far more important than athleticism.

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, 10 yr vet vs UDFA's though?

27. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    So he just made Tannehill wait for two hours? lol I'd be piiiiiissed.

28. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I believe Ocho is the coffee drinker. He is the one with Gold Star bucks card.

29. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    6:30 is nice and cool I'd be marking one up for negetive bs there if he made me wait that long to.

And Ocho is the one that set the time? Come on man.

30. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I don't think that his work ethic is poor. I think, from what we know of him, is that he's basically a rock from the neck up... He was in the same O with Cincy for several years and TJ (who, incidentally, hadn't been in that O as long as Chad) commented he had to line 85 up at times. He was criticized in NE for not having a good handle on the offense. That's where the criticism has come in with him. That and whether he's still got enough at 34 yrs old....but we'll see about that soon enough. The question is still him learning new language and a different offense...not his work ethic...

And, off topic...I'm liking Tanny even more...not a coffee guy myself...

31. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I've always liked him too, but it's not that, it's whether or not he has done the necessary things to regain the strength in his body, when he got wrapped up in the reality show business, his body started to shrink, and he started to get handled at the LOS, guys like Revis were just playing with him like he was soft tissue. He lost the strength to battle, separate, and fight for the ball..I hope he gets it, because he's still young enough to get it back.

CWBIII likes this.
  32. MrClean

TJ and Chad were in that offense the same exact amount of time. They also played one year together prior at Oregon State, then were drafted both in the 2001 draft. Chad in the 2nd, and TJ in the 7th, which was a big surprise to many that he lasted that long.

33. MrClean

Not really. I just find the taste and smell to be hideous. Just my opinion or personal preference. ;)

I don't get the hate for Chad either. He has almost a childlike quality about him to me. Sort of an upbeat happiness and innocence to his demeanor. Some folks didn't like his end zone celebrations, so the rest of the hate or dislike grew from that IMO.

Anonymous likes this.
  34. MrClean

One concern to me, is his addiction to McDs food, which is really just a step up from junk food. They cram their food full of preservatives. Buy one of their $1 burgers. Leave it in the wrapper untouched for 6 months or even longer, then unwrap it. You'd expect to find rotten meat and bread covered in mold. The burger other than being cold and hard will look basically like it did when you bought it. That's scary to me. I've not done that experiment, but several people have and made videos about it. Just search youtube. :)

If a major part of his daily calories comes from there, well, we have a sign at the gym I go to: "You can't out train a bad diet." So, while it is all well and good that he trains hard, perhaps due to his diet, his body will just start slowing down earlier than someone else who also trains as hard, but is very careful about the kinds of food they usually put into their body. JMO.

Bpk and ssmiami like this.
  35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I have never been a fan of coffee. Just too bitter for me. Which is weird because I do think coffee smells good.

36. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Old guy vs. young guys? Father time is undefeated. The best you can hope for is to delay him by being great in the fundamentals.

You would expect Chad to look better than the UDFAs in OTAs just b/c he has the speed down and nobody knows the playbook or runs precise routes. But once in TC, the advantage will go to whomever figures out how to run the precise routes that this offense demands. If nobody figures it out than Chad retains the advantage, but I would see that as bad news for us.

37. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Supposedly his problem wasn't route running but the post snap options that tossed him up.

If I'm Philbin I'm like this. Run the route or you'll be cut. Then we'll see how well he runs his routes but I suspect he won't freelance.

38. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I think a lot of it will depend on who wins the quarterback competition. If it is Garrard, then his freelancing might not be as valuable.

If it is Moore, who pretty much throws it to the open guy and isn't that good of a timing quarterback, his freelancing wouldn't be too much of a problem.

If it is Tannehill, I think his freelancing might be a benefit due to Tannehill's amazing ability to throw on the run.

39. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That sounds exactly like what is tripping up Gates at this point. Freelance is probably the wrong term. It's all about making decisions quickly that match what the offense and the QB expect.

40. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego

The McD's stuff is nonsense. They claim to have 100% beef patties so if they say it, I believe it until the FDA or FTC busts them for lying.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives...f-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

This guy tested the myth and made his own patty of the same size. Guess what, the fresh homemade patty didn't rot either. It's the size of the patty. It's so small it dries up before mold can form. When you ziploc the McD's burger and a homemade burger, they do, indeed rot (ziploc traps in the moisture). The larger El Royale With Cheese (oops, i mean quarter pounder) does rot at the same rate as the homemade burger. Due to the larger size.

PSG, Steve-Mo and MrClean like this.