1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations from camp part 2

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Aug 2, 2018.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Full pads today and the players and coaches were intense..

Gase and Stills, Stills and Gase..Spend a lot of time together..

Interesting to watch Gase the last two days, the guy has conversations on the sideline with lots of folks, while he allows his assistants to be on field coaching..

Mctyer on kick off return getting reps..looks like he’s making the team.

Isiah ford moving around well in his sweats, they look to be babying him..maybe a sign he’s making the team.

Ryan with brace on.

Devante does some warmup exercises half azz, first drill with coach, half azz...looking at the whole practice it seems it takes him a while to get there mentally.

Jakeem runs the same drill, and gets so low that the coach can’t jam him with his hands, Jakeem easily dismisses the hand battle..short people have reason to live.

Some 7 on 7..

Vincent Taylor is not in a good mood today..he just destroyed, and I mean destroyed his blocker and made the play on the back 5 yards behind the LOS..and then he went a little loco with his defensive teammates..impressive play..

Bobby McCain with a pretty breakup on jakeeem Grant in the back of the end zone.

Little rain shower..

Looking over at some lineman working on pass sets and stunts..Jess Davis looks good with his technique, big man can get into a good athletic position, quick feet to pick up the stunt, and good pop in the punch..looked pretty.

Tunsil the same.

Malcom Lewis will be cut,lolly gaggin a route, gets reamed.

Jakeem is your starting punt returner..real live drill here....His technique looks excellent,arms and elbows tight against his rib cage, measures the oncomers and catches clean balls..NOT ONE DROP!!!!!! Start that narrative bit##es.

Drake tries to measure, senses the pressure is close, takes eyes off the ball, and gaffes it..

Drake should return all punts.

Jerome Baker will be an excellent gunner..man does he fly down the field with speed and power, coach shows him to get into a good low crouching position as he measures the ball carrier, he’s got the physicality to beat the jam and the speed to track.

Daaaaaam, Walt aikens just punked the gunner, totally suffocating him at the Los, put him down on the ground and proceeded to do his best gladiator impression to the crowd on hand..dude was hyped and took over the field with his antics..

11 on 11.

McDonald and Jones..Wake and Quinn..Godchaux and Spence..Mac and Kiko...X and Tory...McCain.

Gesicki on first team...Drake gets handoff off tackle, sees the whole and bursts through to the 2nd level, makes another stutter move, and he’s gone..

Ryan drops, throws the deep slant to Parker, Parker leaps and makes the catch, 20 yards..beautiful.

Ryan goes back to Parker, ball is thrown real high, Parker leaps tips it with one hand, X comes down with the pick while he’s in the ground...

These boys are getting after it..

Jordan Phillips busts through the line, linebackers converge, Gore fumbles..comes to the sideline pissed off.

Jakeem drops the easy 15 years comeback by fales.. no one was 5 yards close to him.

Jakeem comes right back, 15 yard out, perfect timing, toe tap, completion.

Osweiller playing well, in control of his offense, putting players in place..

Gase nowhere to be found..oh there he is off to the side talking to someone.

12 personnel with starters, Gesicki and Smythe.

5 yard gain by Ballage.

Gesicki gets plowed in a attempted block on a delayed draw as he crossed the formation to close the end off.

Fitzpatrick is not getting first team reps.

Ryan rolls right, Devante runs his out route about 20 yards..completion..perfect..

OHHHHHHH! Jordan Phillips just completely blew the play up..teammates jump on him..impressive.

OHHH.!!! Did it again, this time destroying both center and guard, another TFL..Comes to the sideline in a bad mood, teammates mob him..

It was against 2nd team offense..

There are force feeding blocking assignments to Gesicki and it’s truly not going well..I don’t see fear, just not able to absorb any power from the defenders..Reshad Jones just picked him off his feet and shoved him backwards..

Petty drops, play action, Petty throws a perfect wheel route to Ballage in full stride, with perfect touch, 50 yards TD..30 yards in the air.

Remember this isn’t half speed, these boys are getting after it..That was a beautiful play.

Don’t understand where Gase is.

More force feeding on Gesicki, they have him blocking on kickoff return..

One of our favorite drills, corner on receiver..intensity is high..senior bowl practice intensity.

Mctyer blankets Parker on a short comeback.

Amendola on McCain, Danny runs a quick crossing route, reverses direction, McCain called for the hold.

Cordrea On Jakeem..lol...everyone else was playing bump..cordrea plays 8 yards off...reads the play comeback route perfectly, deflects the pass..

X on Wilson, deep 9 route..X all over it..incomplete.

Owunsu on bump and Run, breaks the jam from some guy I don’t know, perfect pass 45 yards...6

Devante and Mctyer...Mctyer back pedals, Parker eats up the cushion, plants his right leg at the stem and explodes into the break..deep slant for 25 yards..nice.

Gesicki and Mink..Gesicki tries to run like a deep slugo route, mink blankets, deflects ball in the corner of the end zone..nice coverage.

Jakeem burns Cornell Armstrong, on a post route..6

Drew Morgan, nice quick slant route, waited for his man to commit then went the other way...catch up the seam.

Still against X ...quick slant, catch..

Amendola against McCain..dig route..catch..

Albert Wilson drops comeback route.

Quinton plowing might have some pass rush skills..saw a little flash burst around the edge.

Lippett got beat bad.

Drew Morgan puts a beautiful double move on Jalen Davis..deep completion.

Jakeem with an excellent catch on a comeback, ball was wide, snagged it..

Stills against X...Stills schools him on a in breaking route, x does push ups.

11 on 11.

Ryan throws pick to X..Ryan threw to a spot, receiver wasn’t there, X was...

Ryan to Amendola. 5 yards.

Ryan looks off first read, goes to Parker on the other side for 8.

Kiko shoots the gap blows up play behind Los...X dismissed the receiver and met Kiko at ball carrier..

Brock in two minute..Hits Ballage on a crosser....

Little swing pass..complete.

10 yard out to Jakeem..complete..nice sequence for Brock..IDK, Guy looks better than Fales, he sees things, he’s in control..and he moves well..

.Based on two proactices, he’s our backup.

Does somebody wanna slap me.

Couple of handoffs..

Third down Ryan..rolls right no one open throws it out of bounds.

Handoffs up the middle..

Gesicki lines up wide left, quick slant with off coverage, Petty hits him for completion.

Two minute offense..

Tunsil getting his teammates hyped.

Ryan hits drake for 7.

Ryan drop, Amendola is wide open in the flat, doesn’t look his way, throws the deep slant, X picks it.

Brock..nothing there, runs for 15.

Brock drops, quick dumpoff under pressure to the back for 5.

Brock drops, Duarte on the quick out, dropped by Duarte.

Fales does nothing but a jump ball that was deflected and Gesicki came back to catch..

To finish practice, starting offense simulates a few plays..Gesicki the starter in 11, 12 personnel, Gesicki and Smythe.

Practice over

Loggains and Owunsu put in their 30 mins..

Ryan works with stills for 5 mins

Hey Gase, there you are..goes over and talk to Jakeem, gives him the coaches love tap on the back of his head.

I liked Osweiller in this practice, he sees the field, he moves, he’s got a strong arm, for our backup, think he is legit comp now for Fales.

Jordan Phillips ate four human beings today...he’s lost some weight as well...not sure why the guy isn’t starting but whatever.

Ryan did not have a good practice.

X dominated.

I’ll write more thought in a bit.

Mafioso, Surfs Up 99, smahtaz and 9 others like this.
  2. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I appreciate these DJ, they're fun to read. Good to hear Osweiler is doing better as well- if he's kept on the team at all, it's a major win for us since he's cheap and experienced.

Surfs Up 99 and Irishman like this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
  4. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Thanks brother!

But if you do not give me some more Raekwon updates? I will murder you.

Mafioso likes this.
  5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Lol, ok tommorrow I shall isolate

Fin-O likes this.
  7. dolfaniss

dolfaniss Junior Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Did you see the Hayes injury? Did it look bad?

8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Didn’t see it

9. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    How bout Charles Harris the last 2 days. Any sub package looks with Harris over the center and Quinn and wake in wide 9 edges?

I’m assuming the deep slants are skinny posts.

Minkah no first team reps. Hopefully they just weren’t working any single high looks

Devantae and tanny are gonna hook up this year. Trade that kid for peanuts nope.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    No formations with Harris over the center from what I saw...Quinn and Wake always starting..

I wish I could see that, maybe with Hayes injury that will happen.

Sure, skinny posts.

True, they weren’t just working single high looks, saw him yesterday in single high looks, mostly base defense today with TJ and RJ..Kiko.Mac..Stephone..

Don’t trade Parker..he had a good practice today..X is alpha corner..

Let’s all keep in mind, there’s really no game planning, X has advantage.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.