1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O line looks to be perfect for Tua

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa did not have a good first NFL start, beginning with his very first dropback, when he was drilled by Aaron Donald and lost a fumble. But the Dolphins’ offensive linemen are taking some responsibility for that.

Dolphins guard Solomon Kindley said he and his teammates are making a point of giving Tagovailoa a better chance this week at Arizona.

We have to be perfect for him,” Kindley said, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “That was his very first game. . . . The offensive line has got to do a little bit more to get him comfortable. All week, this week, that’s what we’re emphasizing so we can give him the amount of time that he needs even more.”

Tagovailoa managed just 93 passing yards on Sunday, and the Dolphins’ longest offensive drive went just 33 yards. They won because of their defense and special teams, but they can’t count on that happening every week. The offense has to be better, and that goes beyond just Tagovailoa.

ripper1961, resnor and AGuyNamedAlex like this.
  2. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Not having to worry about Aaron Donald and gameplan around him should help. If they block like they did for Fitz for the other games Tua will be fine protection wise.

It's good to see they want to be perfect though. Its unattainable but it's still the goal every play.

resnor likes this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    How is Arizona's defense? I haven't really paid attention. Was trying to get ticket and go to the game but only Craiglist available and that's iffy to travel to a game on.

4. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Good corners but otherwise I think we can manage.

5. Bumpus

Bumpus she is calm, she is beautiful, she is ...

Dec 13, 2007
    West Virginia
    I hope that’s not code for “We’re going overboard keeping his jersey clean this week because coach gave us the green light to hold”

I mean, it should be an easier assignment for the line this week ... But let’s not abandon discipline.

6. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    How can you not love Kindley's attitude? We killed this draft so far.

djphinfan and KeyFin like this.
  7. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020